1. Hello Guest! Did you know that we're also on Discord? You can join us here: https://discord.gg/vxqdaG4.
    Dismiss Notice

Project diva homemade controllers

Discussion in 'Tutorial Area - By users for users!' started by nofutur, Jul 20, 2016.

1. bmtp

bmtp Welcome to DIVA!

#381 bmtp, Feb 19, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
    i will use slider as button instead i want the real slider so bad but in my place it is hard to buy things to make that slider so i will go with buttons and i will go chinese buttons with mechanical switches on button

steelpuxnastik likes this.
  2. bmtp

bmtp Welcome to DIVA!

and i have seen someone extend the touchpad of the DS4 is it really usable to make and use that slider

3. steelpuxnastik

steelpuxnastik ShinSanwaSwitch is ready and working!

useless piece of shit
    Home Page:
    https://www.instagram.com/jandevalua/
    I think that nearly no one have something to buy things where he live, so online shops are helping out. Especially in case of slider, you can buy main elements on aliexpress or other shops and order aditional components in JLCPCB, for example. because slider with PCBs nearly has no issues and really comfortable to use. So if you have this possibility - may be better to look at it. But in case of buttons, as I said, you only need some fighting board for PS4 (for example this, I do not really know, because do not have PS4) and connect all buttons as marked on the board :)
    [​IMG]

There is other possibility in fighting boards is project Passinglink on github to make your own dualshock 4 using STM32 controller, but it has some nuances. Again, only if you want something special that other boards cannot offer.

4. bmtp

bmtp Welcome to DIVA!

I cant get any fighting board beacause the shipping fee is so pricy( it is equal as the price of a product or even double to ship to my country) so i am looking for another way

5. Doctopus

Doctopus I bought MEGA69 and I regret

There is a thing called aliexpress

6. steelpuxnastik

steelpuxnastik ShinSanwaSwitch is ready and working!

useless piece of shit
    Home Page:
    https://www.instagram.com/jandevalua/
    Then I think there is 2 more or less possible variants: is to use GIMX or to use Passinglink to make your controller work with PS4. GIMX as I know pretty easy to make, but it has one big nuance - it needs another PC (personal computer) to be as connecting link converter between your controller (for example, made on Arduino Pro Micro/Arduino Leonardo) and your PS4. And PassingLink, it's can be already completed controller that can be recognized by PS4 as DS4, but as I know to work fully as DS4 it needs encryption keys extracted from DS4 board version JDM-001, but if you have it you can build your controller pretty easy in case of hardware using STM32F103 Bluepill (that on aliexpress costs $1-2$ or something like that).

This man will not let me lie :)

Doctopus likes this.