1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

News PjD Arcade New Songs and Modules Release Thread

Discussion in 'Project DIVA Arcade & Arcade Future Tone' started by OveReAction, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Toadsili_T

Toadsili_T Newbie Player

Re: PD Arcade News Thread (The Merriest Update!)

Totally forgot about Luka's birthday a few days ago; kinda disappointing considering she's one of my favourite VOCALOIDs. Just double checking that it was her 4th 20th Birthday right? ^^

Alas, new stuff is always great to see; it's quite surprising just how much SEGA continues to support the game years after release. Here's hoping they'll offer Black Gold through the other DIVA games; of course, they had to add stuff I would be genuinely interested in to PD Arcade AFTER I lose access to the machine. ;_;

2. xIYukioIx

xIYukioIx Blue Meteorite Star

Student/Dreamer.
    Home Page:
    https://www.facebook.com/KaizerAxl

Yeah, that's correct! It was her 4th "20th Birthday." Well PJD_AC is addictive yet fun, not to mention you get to play songs exclusively from the PSP/PSVita series. The downside about it, is that it isn't located in other countries apart from the selected ones unless you managed to get the machine yourself.

3. Darksidehearts

Darksidehearts A calm state of mind is proof of skill and mastery
    Staff Member

Assistant Psychology Prof. at USF

Can you really purchase the macing for home use? I wouldn't think you could.

4. xIYukioIx

Student/Dreamer.
    Home Page:

It's possible, but judging whether you have the cash to get it. The only things you should worry about are.. the connection and Machine's version. I mean there might be a chance that you can't use your IC Card.

5. Darksidehearts

Staff Member

I guess you couldn't buy it from Sega outright then, makes sense. Well if I ever hit the lottery I know what's going on my list aside from new replacement pipes in the basement, new roof and replacing the fireplace that got wrecked a few storms ago XD

6. xIYukioIx

Student/Dreamer.
    Home Page:

Ouch, a storm? That sucks..

7. Darksidehearts

Staff Member

Well a few storms actually, one did the structural damage and the other did internal so yeah...fun times.

8. Toadsili_T

Toadsili_T Newbie Player

That was certainly something I looked into buying myself a few weeks ago, as I have the financial means to do so, but I eventually gave up on it as tracking down an available machine outside of SEGA's control was nigh impossible. SEGA don't have an official distribution branch in my country, and contacting SEGA Japan on a limb didn't help either as they won't deal with inquiries dealing with matters outside of their country; they did surprisingly respond to me in English though! Not that it really mattered in the end; it seems they lease out the machines ala 1980s arcade style, and will only do so if there's viable financial returns in doing so. Business is business at the end of the day, after all.

One day perhaps... ;_;

9. xIYukioIx

Student/Dreamer.
    Home Page:

Oh man, but what matters most is that you're safe..

That day will come for you, me and for most of the people that wants to own a Pjd_Ac machine. > <

10. Toadsili_T

Toadsili_T Newbie Player

Although this news might not directly affect many of you, it's still potentially exciting none the less. It looks like some Project DIVA Arcade units are being trialed in California, USA, complete with compatible IC Cards for use with the machine. Here's hoping that it gets plenty of attention from people out there; it's an encouraging sign for further Western support from SEGA... but maybe I'm just getting my hopes up too easily. :/

11. chaoelite

chaoelite I'll make you do the MikuMiku!

Who feels like taking a trip with a u-haul to cali? xD

12. Kaon

Kaon シュープリーム

Not me. I'm from Southern California, although I do not live there anymore. If it weren't for school and work, I would have planned to go and take friends out to Round 1. :<

13. Magical39

Magical39 Pro Player

NO WAY
    WHY IS SEGA DOING THIS

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    I want Senbonzakura with Original PV too :(

14. Toadsili_T

Toadsili_T Newbie Player

As fortune would have it, I was recently able to get into close proximity to the Project DIVA Arcade machines currently being trialed in Southern California. As many of you would be aware, the machines were originally located in Puente Hills; they were quietly relocated to Moreno Valley after the initial trial period, which I discovered only by checking Round 1's Facebook account.

[​IMG]
    The machines are located at the entrance of Round 1 in plain view to grab people's attention, complete with a Miku prop-up from Japan.

[​IMG]
    A frontal view of both machines. It's a little hard to see, but the instructions placed above the monitor were completely redone in English. The actual game itself, however, remained in Japanese. Quite a few passerbys looked on with interest as I played, but seemed to walk away shortly afterwards. I'm not sure whether this is due to demographic, the time and choice of day (late morning to early afternoon on a Monday), the language barrier, or a mix of reasons, but I will say that most other machines in the venue weren't being used either.

[​IMG]
    Should SEGA decide to go all out in bringing these out to the West, you will be pleased to know that any existing IC Cards you may have will work just fine; my profile came up with no dramas. There was one other guy who I noticed with Japanese IC Card, playing almost as much as I was during my time there; no surprise, it turned out he used to live in Japan. Lucky guy went to Mikunopolis too...

[​IMG]
    Good to know the machines are up to date running Revision 3. One of the biggest differences I noticed is that when you fail a song (lol Gekishou EXTREME), you get a countdown timer to input more credits to keep playing. This doesn't make much sense in Japan, where there is a strict "One credit, one play, go to back of the line" honour system, but does certainly work better for arcades in other countries.

Finally, a few results glammour shots. :P

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I did get to play Senbonzakura (sorry Magcial), but forgot to take pictures. ;_;

EDIT to the mods/admins: if you believe this post belongs elsewhere, please let me know and I'll move it.

15. infinity

infinity Little traveler

Why not, it fit perfectly with this topic, thank you very much for this report in the heart of the action ^^ !!

Yes, he is a lucky guy, Mikunopolis.... the biggest concert of Hatsune Miku. The funny part of this is : even outside Japan, this man need to/must play Project Diva arcade. He can't live without it !!

16. xIYukioIx

Student/Dreamer.
    Home Page:

Yes, it is addicting indeed, expensive but worth it. It's Project DIVA after all~

Did someone said Senbonzakura? Also glad to see that you had fun playing it!
    [​IMG]
    Dem Fine Rates.. QQ

17. infinity

infinity Little traveler

Attached Files:

18. Toadsili_T

Toadsili_T Newbie Player

Re: PD Arcade News Thread (April 2013)

A bit slow responding to this, but that is a solid home effort right there! I always have a bit of a soft spot for home-made arcade machines, even if they aren't quite on the same quality of the official versions. At least here the use of an LCD monitor is appropriate. :P

That support for the controller would have to be quite strong though. Weren't the older DT2nd Controllers heavier than the PDF ones?

19. infinity

infinity Little traveler

Re: PD Arcade News Thread (April 2013)

It seems that the weight is the same for both : F & DT2

Edit : WHAT ?????????????????

Why does this information took one month to travel from my eyes to my brain ? :)

You were there ? I'm forever jealous now !! How was the concert ? I want to know everything !

Please :)

20. Magical39

Magical39 Pro Player