1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

Lesser PDA in timezone Singapore :(

Discussion in 'Project DIVA Arcade & Arcade Future Tone' started by CutieeAX, Nov 7, 2014.

1. CutieeAX

CutieeAX Welcome to DIVA!

Anyone notice that last time there were like more than 4 places with PDA in timezone Singapore? well I started in August 2014 so I only know that Vivocity, causeway point, West gate and tampinese have the arcade in timezone (not sure about before that though :/)

Just last month, the PDA in Vivo was moved to West gate. and just a few days ago, tampinese timezone was closed down and the website left with Causeway point and west gate which is far for a lot of people who live in the east.

Is it possible that there will be more PDA in more timezone in Singapore? QAQ

2. sp193

sp193 Intermediate Player

Originally, we had 10 locations in Singapore. Maybe they were a little different in 2010, but when I started playing in early 2012:
    Timezone West Mall
    Timezone Causeway Point
    Timezone ACTIVE (It's the Cineleisure outlet, was renamed later on to become something else that I've forgotten, before it closed)
    Timezone Tampanies
    Super Fun World Marina (Used actual 50-cent coins)
    Virtualand Ang Mo Kio
    Virtualand NEX
    Virtualand Bugis
    Zone-X Jurong
    Zone-X Ang Mo Kio

History:
    1. Timezone Causeway point closed on 2012/01/27 for renovations. Units were moved to Timezone Tampanies and stayed there until this year (Great job eh?).
    2. Timezone ACTIVE closed in mid-late 2012, due to the mall refusing to renew Timezone's contract.
    3. Super Fun World Marina removed all of their PDA ACs somewhere in 2013.
    4. Zone-X removed all of their PDA ACs in 2013, starting with the Jurong outlet.
    5. Virtualand AMK closed down, and they moved the single PDA AC there to Bishan Junction 8.
    6. Somewhere around October 2014, Timezone Tampanies closed down.

The Zone-X outlets were the first to drop PDA. I guess that nearly nobody played there, since they had the highest fees ($2.40 per game). Super Fun World Marina removed their PDA ACs somewhere in 2013, probably due to a lack of players too.

It's also possible that they dropped PDA because their existing units would have to be replaced, in order for Future Tone to be supported.

All Virtualand outlets used to use Virtualand coins as credits.

I don't know what to make of these. It seems like PDA is dying in here. We didn't even get the actual PDA Version B AIME cards, and I heard that they've even stopped selling the original PDA AIME cards too (In favour of those ugly, standard black AIME cards).

EDIT: Wait. There's one at Westgate too? But the website doesn't list it.