1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

Project Diva Future Tone cab missing songs

Discussion in 'Project DIVA Arcade & Arcade Future Tone' started by IThusUnmake, Jul 7, 2022.

1. IThusUnmake

IThusUnmake Welcome to DIVA!

Liability
    So I work at an arcade, both customers and I have noticed that our Future Tone cab is missing a lot of songs. From what I’ve managed to ascertain from my manager, this isn’t hooked up to the same server as a lot of the other rhythm games we have. I’ve included a video of its boot, I’m not sure what’s been done to it, or what could be done to fix the problem. I’ve heard anecdotal reports from customers that it used to have more songs, not sure if it did have access to the internet through a spoof server (we are definitely not in Japan lmao) but none of the techs are massively well versed in it, and know more about the more retro cabs we have.
    Thought it was worth dropping a post in case it was an easy fix, thnx for any help in advance

David Perales likes this.
  2. David Perales

David Perales fevernight123

Well NG on ALL . net sure means that it is not connected to any online and the warning on the screen does indicate that it is not connected to their servers. For missing songs, it really shouldn't remove songs unless they were taken out by the server itself, but some songs did run out of their licenses time but were shortly added back due to customer demand. Granted, if you are running on actual hardware/software such as a key chip and connected to Sega's servers. If it's running on modded hardware/software then that means that the server it's connected to has custom songs added to it and since it's not connecting to its server it doesn't show them up and just running offline mode. If it does happen to have a bootup launcher maybe it can be taken off offline mode? just throwing things around since I have a Project diva cab that runs on modded software.

3. David Perales

If possible could we get more video of the bootup or just any more stuff we can know about it to better help? I have a group that is happy to help with this problem

IThusUnmake likes this.
  4. IThusUnmake

IThusUnmake Welcome to DIVA!

Liability
    This is the entire boot process, I should have kept recording and had a scroll through the songs instead of stopping it there, but I recorded from essentially the second the cab received power

/edit

It also seems like the cab isn’t running on the latest version of the firmware, as well as when it boots it has the little offline version boot by OBIWAN. I’ve not had a look inside it, and from what I got from the techs they aren’t aware of it running on any hardware that isn’t stock, although I can’t say that for certain.

5. David Perales

What you could do is push the test button on the cab (next to the service button and on and off the switch) to go to its settings. It could have a launcher? Maybe something that you can find out to maybe update it? If not try to find out where your boss got the cab from?
    If you need anymore help you can contact me on Discord just dm me and I can give you my account name.

6. N10248

N10248 Advanced Player

How many songs are there? and what's the final song in the list, as yours is running 7.01 so would be a few song short compared to the most recent 7.10 which had Sand Planet as the last song.

steelpuxnastik likes this.
  7. IceKareem

IceKareem Newbie Player

The young one
    Just for info, the total song number in 7.10 should be 240. Keep in mind that all songs will have a Hard or Extreme difficulty, but not Easy, Normal, or Extra Extreme. If the customers ask where the Mega Mix songs are, SEGA (weirdly and unfortunately) didn't port them to Arcade Future Tone, and are only on the console releases.

(Sorry, I'm going away quietly now)