1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

I bought a Project Diva Arcade Future Tone Cabinet!

Discussion in 'Project DIVA Arcade & Arcade Future Tone' started by N10248, Apr 22, 2020.

1. David Perales

David Perales fevernight123

So I have a question? I'm missing these wires on my arcade and was wondering if anyone has any idea on how to replicate or manage to find where I can buy these wires? Can I have them custom-made? any help would be much appreciated! The first image is of my PCB.[​IMG] [​IMG]

steelpuxnastik likes this.
  2. steelpuxnastik

steelpuxnastik SHINSANWASWITCH is ready and working!

useless piece of shit
    Home Page:
    https://www.instagram.com/jandevalua/
    #122 steelpuxnastik, Jan 26, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2022
    This connector I really do not know where to get, but I'm pretty sure there is 2,54mm distance between contacts,
    [​IMG]
    so you can use something like this and just solder wires to contacts and isolate them with heat shrink.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

About this I'm pretty sure too that there is 2,54 distance and it looks like horizontal JST XH 2,54mm,
    [​IMG]
    so can be used something like this, but again, you need to verify that everything is correct, Or may be @Doctopus know better from photo can understand what exactly connector it is and can help to find it's definition.
    [​IMG]

David Perales likes this.
  3. N10248

N10248 Advanced Player

Here's the pinout for that if you don't have it...

[​IMG]

David Perales and steelpuxnastik like this.
  4. ImamYourmiku

ImamYourmiku MikumikuFan

I really want this project diva as why i like it

5. steelpuxnastik

useless piece of shit
    Home Page:
    #125 steelpuxnastik, Jan 30, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2022
    If it's not JST XH socket, but distance 2,54mm. then better to desolder that sockets that you have there and solder JST XH sockets and, in this case you'll have normal connector - standartly connect it :)

N10248 likes this.
  6. benjilei

benjilei Welcome to DIVA!

XAD-22 JST 2.5mm
    【初音未来 街机手台装机?-哔哩哔哩】 https://b23.tv/BoQmplJ

steelpuxnastik likes this.
  7. N10248

N10248 Advanced Player

Your link is protected so I can't see. However somthing like that could be a grounding issue, maybe dismantle the slider and clean out any fluff.

8. IceKareem

IceKareem Newbie Player

The young one
    Hello

So I've seen this whole thread and w o w i e there's a lot! I do have one question that I feel like people might not know the answer for. Does the Nu have a DVD drive? I want to know how the operators "installed" Arcade Future Tone as I've seen those discs before[​IMG]

N10248 likes this.
  9. IceKareem

IceKareem Newbie Player

The young one
    While I don't have an AFT cabinet, I did get a Nu 1.1 as well and I wanted to know if it was possible and if not, then I could just use the hardware from it for other things as well

10. IceKareem

IceKareem Newbie Player

The young one
    Granted that it's not very specific to the system otherwise I think I would just use it as another Windows PC.

11. steelpuxnastik

useless piece of shit
    Home Page:
    No sense in jerking on original nu computing hardware, because with it you'll get more problems then pleasure. There is already everything done with game on standart Windows PC, something like "unzip and play", if you have possibility to connect Project DIVA Future Tone Arcade hardware - that's good, but maybe nothing more.

N10248 likes this.
  12. N10248

N10248 Advanced Player

There are different sets of the DVDs, 2 discs for the earliest Future Tone release and 3 and 4 for the later ones. The Nu has to use the "U-Type" DVD drive from a Sega Lindbergh - a black metal cased external usb DVD drive to install the game.

The NU 1.1s only hardware difference is the graphics card, but as steelpuxnastik says a regular PC is the best option unless you have the whole cabinet or at least the control panel and a lot of the JVS wiring, plus a Nu is LOUD when not hidden away in a cab. Definately not ideal for using on a desk or like a console.

13. IceKareem

IceKareem Newbie Player

The young one
    Ohh I see. So basically there's no point in having the Nu without the cabinet or the discs either?

14. N10248

N10248 Advanced Player

The Nu does a couple of useful things: it has a JVS port which interfaces with all the unique cabinet parts via a single usb-like cable. it has a outward facing power port to power all of these parts. Plus it's built to last for years of constant use.

The discs are also no use without the keychip either as far as I know, as they are encrypted and the keychip allow them to be read.

15. IceKareem

IceKareem Newbie Player

The young one
    I probably should've found more info before deciding on this...
    Ooo I see. The reason why I got the Nu in the first place was I wanted to see if I could dump the discs, but I guess now it would prove useless without a keychip and that specific disk drive. Since the seller didn't specifically list the game that it used to have, would I be able to figure that out?

16. N10248

N10248 Advanced Player

You may be able to work out what game it is, if you are able to power it up, I think the Sw1 and Sw2 buttons allow for navigating the system test menu and game should be mentioned. - Use a translating app on your phone though to read it all if you don't know japanese as i'm sure one of the options is erase the SSD

If you don't have the 2-pin power cable for it then you could just use a regular ATX PSU with its cables reached into the case.

Also IF the dip switches are in the same positions they were in when previously owned AND IF the display image boots up in vertical mode then is was most likely the Sonic and Mario Olympics game.

It's not a total loss though, depending on what you paid for it. the AMEX-PCI card inside is the missing link for someone wanting to make their own PC for a cabinet, the PSU is apealling to somone with a cab looking for spares - its' the same as a Ringedge one too. Plus with graphics cards being very expensive still, even the 750ti inside has more value than it deserves.

Alternatively the Nu case can easily hold any regular M-ATX motherboard (something that was not possible with the Ringedge case due to the built in I/O plate.)

I recently bought a Nu 1.1 too, mainly for it's spares and the option to make an improved version of my setup without losing use of my Nu while I experiment.

17. IceKareem

IceKareem Newbie Player

The young one
    I did find someone online selling a custom made cable for it so I think I'm fine with the PSU. How would I be able to use those buttons?
    Yeah, I got it from Buyee and I ended paying around $100 USD for it so I definitely might use the GPU in it for something. I wouldn't know if the dip switches were tampered with, so I would have to see when I turn it on.
    Ooo, is that how I would be able to use it like a "normal" PC? Since you did say it is very loud, I might not use it for that purpose but was just wondering.

Thank you for the info! Sometimes I'm always curious about looking at hardware and I also love DIVA so I thought getting the discs and the Nu by itself would've been enough, but I guess in reality you would need the full cab. Granted there are workarounds for getting it to work but I always liked trying to make the original work first before I use workarounds, but for me I guess that's not possible. This has been very useful though! I really hope I'm using the quote thing correctly oof #$%@#*

N10248 likes this.
  18. N10248

N10248 Advanced Player

It's the 2 small buttons on the black plate next to the graphics card ports - there's a picture on david's post at the top of this page showing them

19. IceKareem

IceKareem Newbie Player

The young one
    Oh yeah I just saw that now and was about to say nevermind LMAO

20. IceKareem

IceKareem Newbie Player

The young one
    Oh yeah, on the seller's listing, they showed a picture of the Nu booted up on "Step 21", I tried translating the message but it didn't make sense to me. Does anyone know what it means?