1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Delayed Audio in PDAFT - DivaSound? WASAPI?

Discussion in 'Project DIVA Arcade & Arcade Future Tone' started by Shiggitay, Apr 5, 2021.

1. Shiggitay

Shiggitay Newbie Player

#1 Shiggitay, Apr 5, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
    Okay guys so I redid my Diva box with Win8.1 for more control over my motherboard's audio and I have dual audio output (Speaker/headphone though it's connected through its USB dongle) working via Stereo Mix. I'm aware that PD Loader 2.5 has a latency compensation setting, but if I drop its files in I lose usage of my DIVALLER controller. How can I fix the delay I'm getting? Whether I use DivaSound or just straight with my RealTek chipset it seems to be delayed. In order for audio to stream to Discord I'd need to use DivaSound or there'll be no audio whatsoever. I've tried ASIO, WASPI, WASPI_Exclusive... nothing works right or there's no audio at all. I'm on 2 audio channels. Is there some sort of dedicated sound card I could get that's equivalent to the JVS board that ships with actual AFT cabs? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: My issue was me listening to the audio through the Stereo Mix output. I should have known that'd introduce some latency.

2. steelpuxnastik

steelpuxnastik SHINSANWASWITCH is ready and working!

useless piece of shit
    Home Page:
    https://www.instagram.com/jandevalua/
    I think here is very small amount of possibilities. The first and may be the only (especially if you want to use streaming and discord - that's possibly only with DIvaSound) is to make DivaSound work. I'll tell my experience, so I hope that's not the ultimate truth. To make DivaSound work you need use another soundcard. USB soundcards - that's not a soundcards at all, so no reason to pay attention on them (in many reasons, not only because in most cases USB sound devices are shit). The problem of integrated soundcards and work of PDAFT with them is that game wants to use them monopoly, and game can use only very small variations of integrated soundcards (by the way, I installed my new hardware for future arcade cabinet and game works with it's VIA soundcard without divasound, but I need more tests to know more nuances of it's usage, about it later, if you'll be interested). So to make DivaSound work you need another PCI/PCI Express soundcard. I for many years have ESI Juli@ professional PCI soundcard that even cannot be used without mixer. so when I first time downloaded PDAFT and tried to play - I got no sound, but later I know about PD-loader and there was DivaSound and with it was no problems. I uses settings with WASAPI, because it not monopolistically uses soundcard and it also can be used for streaming, as I know, ASIO uses card monopoly (but with lowest values of latency on the output, but ASIO usually used in professional DAWs where latency with windows integrated possibilities is horrible, but I do not see need to use it in game). So the only now that I can recommend is to get some not so bad soundcard like ASUS Xonar and any of that cards, when you'll use it - you'll be impressed about the quality of sound. Also it has possibility to connect front panel sound sockets and you can use it in your arcade cabinet like possibility to connect headset and there will be no problems with output to loudspeakers (you only need to lengthen your wires that will be connected to soundcard and to mount socket somewhere on the front).