1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

I bought a Project Diva Arcade Future Tone Cabinet!

Discussion in 'Project DIVA Arcade & Arcade Future Tone' started by N10248, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Doctopus

Doctopus Project Alpaca "BDFL"

I don't think PD-Loader adds anything besides what's already there.

Looks fine to me. If you are the one @steelpuxnastik mentioned, you might be missing the 0xfd escaping. Also if you want something validated to compare to you can check this out.

steelpuxnastik likes this.
  2. steelpuxnastik

steelpuxnastik SHINSANWASWITCH is ready and working!

useless piece of shit
    Home Page:
    https://www.instagram.com/jandevalua/
    That's correct.

3. migra100

migra100 Big Debut

in the zeroplus program you can see that the game never reports leds in a row.[​IMG]
    maybe i just don't understand something, i never did anything with serial before.

N10248's slider: http://mikucity.com/cabinet/slider/idle in test menu.txt
    arduino:
    psoc:
    it's so bad on psoc that the game sends EnableSliderReport about every second
    i also tried it on esp32 and it also was fine

is it possible that the code runs too fast and because of that the game expects lower latency during reports ?

4. Doctopus

That doesn't sound right. What's the scan interval of your slider widget? It could be that the reporting rate is too low.

Also: not a real solution, but you can give LKP-FW a try. I just added support for 15275 serial protocol and it seems to work in game.

5. N10248

N10248 Advanced Player

I've added the session file to the original link...

http://mikucity.com/cabinet/slider/

I think this was the same program I used before though, but I just pasted the output into notpad instead of saving it I think.

migra100 likes this.
  6. migra100

migra100 Big Debut

Thank You

After reading the logs i think i know what i have to do. It seems like it's suppose to be like that. For EnableSliderReport my software always returns slider with no segments activated. i assumed it was only used one time so i made it like this to not add delay during initialization. in other words sega sucks and my arduino implementation works better than the original slider.
    guess which one is the original
    [​IMG]
    i will use your project but i want to finish mine at some point. i don't have analog output and leds only work on the arduino.

steelpuxnastik likes this.
  7. Shiggitay

Shiggitay Newbie Player

Soooo @N10248 I posted some questions for you on Discord on the ProjectDiva.net server about this project more than just the monitor used as I asked already in this thread, but I can post them here as well since I don't know how active you are on Discord:

Below is a screenshot of my system specs. I do have a motherboard in there with RealTek audio, though I have two displays connected... Would that pose an issue with performance?

[​IMG]

I would also use a headset (a Logitech G430 with analog to digital converter via USB) for my audio. Would that mess with audio processing? I could easily connect that headset directly to the front panel analog audio jacks if that would help any. I am using the DivaSound plugin. I have it working with a DIVALLER controller. I'm also using the inject method... I can't explain it any better as someone literally dropped working setup onto mine and it works, so yeah. lol.

I'd also like to have at least the audio outputting to two different sources (i.e. headphones for me and if someone wants to watch me play through a TV like you have it set up etc)

I'd like my setup to work as closely to a NU cab as possible, or at least as well as yours does (with or without touch screen functionality... doesn't bother me).

Another question: if I somehow got ahold of a NU-equipped AFT cab how hard would it be to load it up with my working dump that I use already with my DIVALLER? i.e. I'd want the stock songs SEGA/CFM market it with, as well as the MegaMix songs and Bless Your Breath etc.

I've got my AFT dump working with deadm33ks' online leaderboard server. I only use that to keep track of my scores, but it's not really all that necessary to have functional.

I tried using VoiceMeeter for that and the audio does split, but with added latency, making AFT unplayable.

Here's a screenshot of my motherboard and CPU specs:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And finally I have an NVidia GTX 660 Ti 2GB I believe. I've overspec'd the Nu hardware spec like you have, and it runs decently well, but the audio stuff is annoying me. Thanks for any help you can offer.

8. N10248

N10248 Advanced Player

#68 N10248, Mar 28, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2021
    That spec is plenty good enough, if you get frame drops however, enable adaptive vsync in the Nvidia settings (songs like Continuing Dream when the glowing balls appear., and Tell Your World when the coloured cubes show up are good tests for this.)

Also, if you want to be a bit more authentic to the original, the Nu uses nVidia drivers version 344.75, not sure if that was just the newest when Sega made the game or there's somthing specific about this version they liked or tailored the game to. It's worth noting if you have newer drivers already, installing older ones over them can make the settings in the Nvidia control panel not save properly, it's best to install them when setting up the PC for the first time.

As for the sound, the Realtek will work fine on it's own via the motherboard audio ports without the Divasound plugin but any other device like your USB adapter would need Divasound - which does cause slowdown on systems that otherwise just make the spec.

If your headset has a regular analog connection you could just use a splitter cable from the rear output to get sound where you want it, anything else like HDMI audio for the 2nd screen etc won't work without the plugin.

Also if your motherboard has the black "Rear" surround output, the games headphone audio is routed via this, and is adjusted via the on screen slider in game - careful though on mine it was very loud by default)

As for getting your system working on real cab I/O hardware, it's just a matter of disabling the input emulation so the game falls back to using the JVS I/O and getting the JVS card installed in Windows. However to get it to run on an original spec Nu would take some effort as the combination of bitlocker, HDD password and TPM module makes 3 big hurdles to getting the Nu to do somthing it doesn't want to.

That's the main reason I swapped out the motherboard in it for my own, firstly to preserve the original without messing it up and secondly to have full control to do what i like, if i quit the game its just a regular windows 8.1 PC which boots in seconds compared to 5 minutes for the original.

A third option that I've looked into is getting hold of the OEM version of the original motherboard which is an Advantech AIMB-582, but these are bizarrely expensive and would only make the Nu look authentic when it comes the rear port layout, plus i would be limited to the i3 3220 as the board has limited CPU compatability.

The board I have doesn't have an externally facing Serial port so I had to improvise with a header bracket...

[​IMG]

That red USB3 port is for an external power button so i can shut down and power on the system without turning the main power off and on (as the Nu has no power button like a regular PC)

[​IMG]

Shiggitay likes this.
  9. Shiggitay

Shiggitay Newbie Player

Thanks for the thorough response! I'll install those older drivers to see if it helps, but I seem to remember having issues getting the drivers installed to begin with... Also maybe I wasn't asking this well enough but what's the best way to output to a TV without impacting any gameplay? I'd like to have it where I have headphones on to reduce controller latency, but also have it so people watching can hear the action as well. How did you do it on your TV? I'll have to check for that Black surround port on my motherboard (I think it has it).

10. N10248

N10248 Advanced Player

#70 N10248, Mar 28, 2021
    Having just display mirroring on will have no slowdowns at all as it's sending the same image to 2 outputs - i had no sound coming from my TV, the game was only outputting to the cab speakers,.

Give your headphones a try in the rear black audio socket (next to the SPDIF if I googled the right board) you should hear the game sound from here and the blue icon at the right when playing should control the volume - turn off or delete the divasound plugin, then have regular speakers plugged in the green port for others to hear.

theres will be no delay at all using this method, as it's native hardware as far as the game is concered

Shiggitay likes this.
  11. N10248

N10248 Advanced Player

#71 N10248, Mar 28, 2021
    Shiggitay likes this.
  12. Doctopus

LOL I have mostly the same setup except it's a Dell Optiplex SFF with a low profile 1650 (shader patch needed but the alternative aka 1050ti is scam tier priced on ebay). Can handle most PVs at 4K and all PVs at 1440P no problem.

Shiggitay likes this.
  13. Shiggitay

Shiggitay Newbie Player

okay! I'll have to get/source some speakers then.. RIP. Thanks for the tip!

14. Shiggitay

Shiggitay Newbie Player

#74 Shiggitay, Mar 29, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
    Okay soooo @N10248 I tried the headphone port thing direct on my motherboard and I can only get a connected speaker working connected to the green headphone jack but the black jack doesn't output anything at the same time as the the green headphone/speaker jack. I can change button sfx with its slider, but the headphone slider does NOTHING. I went into config.ini and set Stereo to 0, because my "build" of AFT isn't using PD-Loader directly. I'm using the "Deadm33ks" version with SegaTools and access to their online leaderboards network etc. via Inject.exe. I guess you can call it a reverse engineering of AIME.net/ALL.net that Sega uses on real AFT machines on actual NU hardware? I'm downloading some ALC892-compatible audio chipset drivers for Windows 10 to see if that fixes it, but otherwise I wouldn't mind having a fully working offline non-Segatools'd copy of AFT if you could help me with that if it comes to it. I have a copy of vanilla AFT somewhere but it doesn't run very stable and it doesn't see my DIVALLER controller. If you could help me get vanilla AFT working with all the MM songs as well as Bless your Breath and Greenlight Serenade I'd be grateful, but again only if it comes to that.

EDIT: If I have the speaker connected to the front panel headphone jack with it just slightly disconnected I can indeed get audio from both speakers and headphones, but the in-game audio settings for game audio still don't work.. only the "switch" slider works.

EDIT 2: The drivers I downloaded and installed didn't change anything.

EDIT 3: SInce I have it half working (just without software controls) I'm happy, and I'll try the video mirroring later, but when I get around to building my mobo and whatnot into some sort of cabinet it'd be nice having the software control working, yakno?

15. N10248

N10248 Advanced Player

Interesting, is there a control panel applet that has some sort of sound effects options that a lot of sound card have maybe overiding it? make sure the divasound file is gone too

I could send the pd-loader files im using from my cab, as the setting i'm using are pretty basic - your controller won't work, but i'm using the latest mega39s song pack with the 14 extra songs and it all works fine, you should be able to get into a playable song with it (i'll change it so the keyboard is usable).

16. Shiggitay

Shiggitay Newbie Player

I didn't quite delete divasound.dva and its ini file... I renamed them though to divasound__.dva and .ini. is that enough? Also to note I think my problem could be that my motherboard in that system isn't quite Windows 10 compatible... I think it came out during the Windows 7 and 8.x eras. so if I was to downgrade to 8.x maybe I'd have better results all around? IDK. And sure I'll try your PD-Loader implementation. I'll make a copy of my current setup first of course.

Re: Control Panel applet, I don't see one. I'm not sure if the Asrock website has the OEM drives etc anymore, but I can look. EDIT I did and what I downloaded from another site is the same version as they're offering on their own and it didn't come with a control panel applet as far as I can tell.

17. N10248

N10248 Advanced Player

It's definately worth trying 8.1: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows8ISO as this is what the game is designed to run on, in fact I've never tried running the game on anything else since getting hold of it.

There probably isn't a sound card program preventing it from working then - on my Asus board a popup comes up when i plug speakers in asking what they are.

Yep, always make copies, I've got 3 on my gaming PC for messing around with settings etc and 2 on the cab; 1 with the english mod and one with the extra songs which is set to autorun when it all boots up.

Shiggitay likes this.
  18. Doctopus

OK so if you are using KitProg's built in serial port, stop using it immediately and switch to something better. KitProg serial have horrible latency that totally ruins the timing of the slider.

19. steelpuxnastik

useless piece of shit
    Home Page:
    Yeah, agree, KitProg is good for programming and OK for very simple first testing, but you will not use it in final version, so better to use something like this (I use this and it's works good).
    [​IMG]

20. steelpuxnastik

useless piece of shit
    Home Page:
    Is I understand, game can work with audio without DivaSound at all on onboard Realtek audio (because it's basically created for it) and I really had problems with it yeas ago, when I first tried PDAFT after PDA, because I have ESI Juli@ soundcard and simply do not have even drivers installed for onboard audio, but when I tried game on onboard audio - it worked, because I tried TLAC and I didn't know about PD-Loader and that it has DivaSound and as I remember DivaSound can be used only when you have some problems with audio (no audio).
    I will buy new old PC for PDAFT today and try this assumption again :)

N10248 likes this.