1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

[Tutorial] How to replace PjD 1st/2nd/Extend textures in PPSSPP

Discussion in 'General' started by 'spring onion' Hachune, May 12, 2019.

1. 'spring onion' Hachune

'spring onion' Hachune My weakness are the songs over 8☆

Home Page:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSPDEmMokrof5CK8EIglIxA
    The first thing to do is open the game: Project DIVA 2nd, Extend or even PjD 1st. Then pause the game and go to Settings/Tools/Developer tools and activate the option "Save new textures".
    [​IMG]
    This option allows you to save all the textures of the game that appear on the screen, these will be saved in memstick/PSP/TEXTURES/(game ID)/new, in my case the game that I will use is PjD Extend, so the ID of the game is NPJH50465. This is what the folder with the images looks like:

[​IMG]
    As you can see each image has a name composed of 24 characters that are divided into the three following three parts:
    -The first 8 characters represent the address. Games can load different things in the same direction or reuse the address in other scenes. They can also load the same texture in a different direction (that means they will be saved as two different images).
    -The next 8 digits are the clut and the hash dimension. It is static in most cases but in the games that use the change of palette, it will change for each color variation.
    -And the last 8 digits is the hash data. These are based on the data the texture points to within the memory.
    (More information in https://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=18963)

The next thing to do is create the textures.ini file, for that you have to go to Settings/Tools/Developer tools and click on "Create/Open textures.ini file for current game" and from there it will open a file like this:
    [​IMG]

Now we must choose the image that we want to edit, in my case i will edit 0945ca0085f15f52e568499d.png which is the image of the original skin of PjD Extend.
    [​IMG]
    (Remember when you edit the image it must be rotated 180° and flipped horizontally)

Once edited you have to put it in memstick/PSP/TEXTURES/(Game ID), although you can also create folders within the last one mentioned, in which case it would be: memstick/PSP/TEXTURES/(Game ID)/Test.
    Now the next step is to edit textures.ini so that the edited textures appear in the game. For that, the following should be written:
    # (Random name such as: Skin Test)
    0945ca0085f15f52e568499d (Which is the name of the above-mentioned image) = skin_test.png (which is the name of the file) or Test / skin_test.png (in case you have created a folder within memstick / PSP / TEXTURES / (game ID )).
    It should look something like this:
    [​IMG]

(In case it doesn't work, change the first 8 digits by zeros).
    [​IMG]

(And if it still doesn't work, change the other following 8 digits for zeros as well).
    [​IMG]

And finally, don't forget to activate the option "Replace textures" to replace the textures of the game for which you have created:
    [​IMG]

And I think that's it, I hope I explained myself well xD
    [​IMG]
    See you next time (/◕ヮ◕)/

Mariiwoopychan, Halsch and Kasumi like this.
  2. Benn

Benn Welcome to DIVA!

Student
    I know im probably late but,what if the folder with the id of the game is empty???