1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

The hypothetical Project DIVA Zero for Nintendo Switch: Story Mode(s?)

Discussion in 'General' started by Zac Wood, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Zac Wood

Zac Wood Staff/Fortune Teller/Lucky Guesser/Spam Buster
    Staff Member Moderator

Family buisness, a Family matter.
    #1 Zac Wood, Jul 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    For those of the uninitiated; I am mostly the only one on the ProjectDIVA.net fourms who talks Nintendo Switch and the potential this game series might have in it’s full form on the system. In an effort to keep things simple through means of explaining one topic at a time, I opted to use a multiple threads to better give each of these topics their own spotlight, and post at least one paragraph a day (albeit not on a schedule or anything) since I want to keep things short, sweet and to the point.

As much as Hatsune Miku; Project DIVA X is by all means meh in comparison to everything else, one thing it had going for it outside of some prettier visuals and grindy nature was it’s most marketed feature: a Story Mode. The latest thing I am talking about in detail is multiple Story Modes; yes, I mean more than one story mode, each with it’s own songset, moments and unlockables. How I got the idea was just recently was by looking at the series’ oldest rivals in the rhythm/music genre; Dance Dance Reveloution, or in the case of one game in the series in particular; 2005’s Dance Dance Reveloution: Mario Mix for the Nintendo GameCube. It was basically how that game carefully blended elements of the Mario series up to that point, blending it with the formula of DDR and in addition to subverting said gameplay with minigames that blended Mario-elements to create a good package. Despite the mixed reception of DDR: MM (not to be confused with DRM...) back then, I thought it proved itself a worthy game in DDR’s history.

Stay TUNEd tommorow for more.