1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

Important PS4share won't work! How to workaround

Discussion in 'Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Future Tone' started by MikuHatsune, Jun 22, 2016.

1. MikuHatsune

MikuHatsune ProjectDIVA.Wiki Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Home Page:
    https://www.projectdiva.wiki
    Now it's official. If you try to stream Future Tone via PS4share, the music will be disabled for the recorded or streamed content. You'll still be able to hear the music while playing though...

So is everything lost now? No, there are two ways to stream...

a) Use an HDMI capture device. Connect your PS4 to the HDMI capture device, connect the device to your computer and stream the footage from your PC.
    + 1080p and 60fps
    - Pretty expensive.

b) Download the PC Version of Sony's Remote Play. => https://remoteplay.dl.playstation.net/r ... index.html
    Remote Play is the feature to stream your PS4 footage to your PSVita or any Sony Smartphone and play with your Vita or Smartphone instead of your PS4 controller. This feature is also used by the PSTV. However, Sony made this feature also available with a later firmware update so now you can also use your PC or Laptop instead to play PS4 while you need to connect a PS4 controller via USB to your computer. Once everything is set up, just use "Open Broadcaster Software" or any other streaming application to stream the footage from the Remote Play application window.
    + Cheap method, still effective.
    - Remote Play connection is unstable pretty often if your internet connection is in high usage. It might lag at least once every 2-3 songs. If a lag happens, the sound of the footage will lag a lot, the graphics become pixelated and broken and your button presses won't be counted properly until the lag is over.

2. stratoside

stratoside Advanced Player

ya i just bought a Elgato Game Capture HD60 S
    was expecting the built in streaming function to not work anyways

and for your PC remote play method
    i can't get xSplit to work with it, it doesn't detect the game

3. MikuHatsune

Home Page:
    I just used the "stream monitor" feature of OBS and set it by just streaming a part of the screen. (just the window.) game detection didn't work in OBS either.

4. C A R T E R

C A R T E R Welcome to DIVA!

Whenever I do the remote play pc method I always get laggy all of sudden then it quits out on me . And my wifi is extremely fast and I'm the only one using it when I stream , any ideas on how to fix that ? But in the meantime another option that I use is enabling the mic and using any mic that you can talk with (like the included ps4 mic) so they can hear . PRO: Lets people hear the music . CONS: They can hear surrounding noise EX: Mic moving , another is low quality sound

5. MikuHatsune

Home Page:
    Have you tried to use LAN-connection for testing purposes to see if the connection become more stable? Streamed with LAN instead yesterday and it lagged much less.
    To leave your controller connect to the PS4 instead of the PC and have no lag inputs you need a second controller:

1. Login with a second account on your PS4 via PC (which will use the controller connected to the PC).
    2. Wait for the connection until your PC shows the PS4 menu of the second controller.
    3. Press the PS-Button on your first controller (which is still connected to the PS4 directly, no matte if cable or wireless) to switch to your first account where you want to play Future Tone.
    4. There you go. You can play with your first account and your controller directly with your PS4. Just let the second controller connected to PC and the second account has to stay active in the background. Second account will stream PS4 to PC, first account will actually play.

6. C A R T E R

I do use lan on ps4 because I have my router right next the ps4 but still exits me out. The only thing running other than remote play is google chrome for the stream. The regular mbps is around 50-75 mbps . And I do that with controller method.

7. MikuHatsune

Home Page:
    You can also try to look up your Task Manager and see what program might be running in background with high CPU usage.
    The only thing else left I know you could also try is to switch to a lower resolution or quality in your streaming software. Since Remote Play only supports up to 720p as example a 1080p setting in your streaming software would be useless.

8. C A R T E R

Apparently my when my cpu is really high is when im only running OBS Studio and Remote Play :/ and I have 10 GB of Ram

9. stratoside

what is your spec for your pc?
    10GB is a pretty weird number for RAM

10. C A R T E R

Well that was my other laptop that is upgrDED i've tried lan with . But my main laptop I also use remote play does "work" but has the same exact problems that my laptop with 10GB ram had . but the specs on my main laptop i used and first tried remote play is :

- 4GB Ram (3.60 really But still fast)
    - Windows 10
    - AMD A6-5200 APU with Radeon HD Graphics 2.00 GHZ for Processor
    - 64 Bit

11. Lardonate

Lardonate Welcome to DIVA!

Hi there (first post!)

I thought of a third way, but it only works for uploading individual videos to Youtube or Facebook, not suitable for streaming. I was pretty sad to find the music stripped out of the clips, I love putting clips up on Facebook! So my first thought was to add the music back in somehow! Solution I came up with was Sharefactory. Import the clip into it, then just import the required music track via usb from another source. You have to position the music so it syncs up but it doesn't take long. It is about 10 mins of effort maybe, but without a suitable PC for remote play or a capture card it's a solution that definitely works. Just not for streaming sorry!

12. stratoside

well ya you are using laptop or something with integrated graphics card
    you are using really outdated APU, you need better spec to stream

I'm currently using 4690k @ 4.5Ghz with 980ti at stock
    even with that I get nearly 100% CPU load when I stream using Elgato software @ 1080p 60fps

I think if you truly want to stream without any hiccups, you would need something like i7(desktop grade) with at least 6 cores @ 3.5Ghz probably. streaming uses a lot of cpu power

13. Shadow-san

Shadow-san Global Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

too bad music is remove due to the copyright:/
    Would like to stream but my Game capture is broke, have to buy a one again ^^

14. Magical39

Magical39 Pro Player

That's how it looks like when I streamed with PC PS4 remote.
    And god damn it, that input lag is serious!

15. ValentineMeikin

ValentineMeikin Big Debut

Good suggestion if streaming from PC...

DO NOT focus on the PC screen. Once you have done everything you need on the computer, shut off the screen and control it off the PS4's monitor. Even if you'd expect lag on the return inputs, they are instant, so won't be affected.

Whenever I stream to people I'm chatting with, I'll leave the Steam overlay blocking the game so I can't focus on the incorrectly timed video feed.