1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

Project Diva Let's Play!

Discussion in 'Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA ƒ & Project DIVA F' started by Couch Crabs, May 31, 2013.

1. Couch Crabs

Couch Crabs Welcome to DIVA!

Hey gang,

We made a couple project diva f let's plays we'd love your thoughts on. We travelled to Japan in the spring and found project diva everywhere. We liked it so much we picked up a copy and decided to play it for our channel. We love this game and want to make more videos about it would love your thoughts. What kind of videos would you wanna see in the future?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1UeKmQTGd8

Part 2 here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUVx24jXNF8

2. infinity

infinity Little traveler

Hi guys !!

So you played Project Diva Arcade and bought Project Diva F ? You are people with very good taste !

Did you already know this website before playing this game ? Welcome in the world of vocaloid :)

3. Couch Crabs

! found the site after we played the game! We've been having a hard time finding people as excited about it as we are. Glad such a site exists.

4. scarf

scarf Intermediate Player

It's interesting to see someone new to Vocaloid playing the game. I'm glad you enjoy it! I would love to see more videos :)

5. infinity

infinity Little traveler

6. MikuHatsune

MikuHatsune ProjectDIVA.Wiki Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Home Page:
    https://www.projectdiva.wiki
    You need to concentrate a bit more while playing a song, you really need to learn how the song goes to improve your game rankings. ;)

7. Couch Crabs

Been practicing since then and have unlocked many more songs. Thanks for the resources. We have been working with other games but will come back to Project Diva. Feel free to subscribe to our channel to get them! We will also post on here when we make more.

8. Maakun

Maakun Intermediate Player

Technical Support Representative
    I don't know if you're sarcastic or ignorant but she isn't auto tuned, it's a program.

It also seemed like that was subtle culture bashing in there...

9. Japes

Japes Advanced Player

Lol, I made that comment on the video page as well. I'm glad you guys like the series so far, but you probably could have looked it up a little bit before recording the LP.

10. Couch Crabs

Yeah we had no idea what Vocaloid was at the time. Complete ignorance, haha. Wasn't trying to bash anybody. We've since done out homework.

11. MikuHatsune

MikuHatsune ProjectDIVA.Wiki Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Home Page:
    https://www.projectdiva.wiki
    >> [wiki]Main Menu (F)[/wiki]

Some basics for you. ;)

Hint: if a wiki page for project diva F is not available, just take the ones from Project Diva f for PSVita. This version is 98% similar.

Also the main menu page for the vita version ([wiki]Main Menu (ƒ)[/wiki]) contains links for easy navigation.

12. Couch Crabs

Thanks a ton! We've been playing a ton and unlocked a load of new songs. Any requests for our next video? We plan to make it sometime next week.

13. Kaon

Kaon シュープリーム

I would like to see you beat my Weekender Girl normal score, if possible!!! *evil laugh*

Joke aside, I would like to see you play Weekender Girl without the commentaries, but that would totally be me... o_O
    It's definitely my second favorite song alongside Unhappy Refrain in f/F, but the notes are just... You'll see.

Just do what you want with it! Go all out!! Fighting!!! (・∀・)ノ

14. Couch Crabs

Expect Weekender Girl in the next episode!

15. Japes

Japes Advanced Player

Ganbatte!

16. Couch Crabs

17. Almeria

Almeria アイサレタイ
    Staff Member Moderator

Studying Media Science at Södertörn University
    I'm sorry but I'm not really enjoying your jokes. I'm glad you decided to do a Let's Play of Project Diva F but it really feels like the jokes most of the time are at the game's, and our, expense. The videos are just dripping with sarcasm and while I didn't approve of the first video I thought you could improve for the second one but if anything I'm more disappointed now.

"As suggested by the fine people of the project diva forum" couldn't sound more sarcastic. While I don't take the game extremely seriously or have my pride hurt I thought it was pretty offending, especially paired with "I think I already beat the score on those motherf*cking forums". I get the sarcasm but it's not tasteful and very rude, same with the comments on the artwork. You really need to think more of what you say, I'm okay with those kind of comments when playing for yourself with friends but you have to keep in mind that this is something you will post online for everyone to watch and considering you asked for our opinion and then posted the video on this forum you can't expect us to enjoy such comments. There were many sarcastic comments where the jokes were on yourselves too but I'd say the kind of sarcasm you're using should be avoided since it could be misinterpreted and make yourselves look bad.

I'm not saying these things because you insulted the game and the forum but for your own good, you should think about what the videos contain before posting them online since you could lose potential fans. Right now they seem amateurish and rude. I'm glad the really bad comments were censored but if it were me I wouldn't have posted it at all.

I'm not telling you to stop doing these Let's Plays but to consider this for the next video, think of the audience you're aiming at and what your purpose is with the videos and make it as enjoyable as possible for yourselves and the potential crowd. Also think of what it is you're doing, there's a lot of talking about random things which makes it seem like the game is boring you. It's about the game first and foremost and should receive more attention, otherwise what's the point of a LP?

18. scarf

scarf Intermediate Player

I'm sorry, but I have to agree with Almeria. The video sounded a little disrespectful and it doesn't seem like you're really enjoying the game. In fact, you seemed bored the whole time. And yes, the target audience would feel isolated by some of your comments.

If I could make a few suggestions, talking over the game is no way to play. Maybe try recording the gameplay first then going back and making (preferably not-so-sarcastic) comments. Also, you don't have to make jokes about everything. Just commentary about the game and what you think would be nice. And I may just be being a little sensitive, but I don't think inappropriate jokes like some of the ones in the video are really in good taste.

I don't mean to be rude, but I'm hoping you consider a few of these things for the next video.

19. Dyspnia

Dyspnia Retired cDLC Creator

University Student
    THIS is where tons of let's players go wrong. You guys are trying too hard and making, like the two others have said, some really distasteful comments. Even extremely popular let's players' videos (like PewDiePie, Tobus, etc, etc...) don't have funny jokes ALL the time and i'd be nice to know what you guys SERIOUSLY think of the game and what could make it better.

20. Kaon

Kaon シュープリーム

I was only kidding earlier about beating the score, but I guess it kind of went over the top for you guys being "competitive." I did enjoy watch you guys play the game, however the sarcasm and insults were somewhat rude, if I must agree with the others.

For me, I dislike taking sides on this sort of matter, but to each to their own - just enjoy the game if all else fails. Above all, do not be discouraged by pressure, mistakes can be corrected and remember that practice makes perfect.