1. Hello Guest! Did you know that we're also on Discord? You can join us here: https://discord.gg/vxqdaG4.
    Dismiss Notice

Project diva homemade controllers

Discussion in 'Tutorial Area - By users for users!' started by nofutur, Jul 20, 2016.

1. jonsilvestro

jonsilvestro Welcome to DIVA!

Yeah I was interested in the Sanwa buttons but the cost of them is a really big turn off so for now just having the switch with no spring is how I have mine I think the switch is 85 grams but I don't have the means to confirm that

steelpuxnastik likes this.
  2. steelpuxnastik

steelpuxnastik in idea of making custom OBSA-LHSXF-LN

just living
    Home Page:
    https://www.instagram.com/jandevalua/
    Without spring, unfortunately, also not not comfortable (for me) to use.

3. Raptor

Raptor Welcome to DIVA!

#323 Raptor, Sep 22, 2020 at 05:04
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2020 at 05:09
    Hi guys, I'm new here and by looking for a solution to my problem I ended up in here.
    I see that a lot of you know well arcade controllers so I hoping you can help me find a solution to my problem.

I have the last hori controller for Project diva(yeah I don't have the time and knowledge to build one myself) and I have an issue with it. The touch sider activates by itself erratically. So I would like to know if someone has an idea about what could be the cause of that and how can I solve this.
    Have a nice day.

steelpuxnastik likes this.
  4. steelpuxnastik

steelpuxnastik in idea of making custom OBSA-LHSXF-LN

just living
    Home Page:
    https://www.instagram.com/jandevalua/
    In your description is not so many info to understand what you already done to understand the reasons of this phenomenon. There can also be useful if you'll show on video in which cases this phenomenon manifested - who knows, may be it's absolutely normal in those cases. But you need to understand main reasons of false touches: water or even condensate inside or outside of body of controller, mechanical damage (In most cases): real damage or just bad connection of elements of touchpad that courses phantom touches, also it can be some radio frequency interference, but it's maybe almost impossible. I think first two reasons are the most common, I just didn't touch the HORI controller and do not know how it's complicated inside, may be other knows better, but you can look there first to make sure these options are excluded.

5. Raptor

Raptor Welcome to DIVA!

First Thanks for your response. As for the above, I don't think water and or condensation may be the cause. It's pretty dry right now at my place and when I opened the hori I didn't see any trace of humidity (I'm gonna check a second time just to be sure). As for the video or pics it seems that I can't upload them but I can send them to you on discord.

6. correllroy

correllroy Big Debut

#326 correllroy, Sep 22, 2020 at 13:34
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2020 at 13:41
    Ok first questions
    1) Is the Arcade Controller (Latest One) you're using for Future Tone or MEGA49s.Mega Mix
    2) Do you have the settings turned on for Arcade Controller Settings on very top to ON? (On PS4 its only in Japan version, ENG version doesn't have the option)
    [​IMG]
    3) On PS4 Future Tone DX Version, did you switch the Normal to Arcade?

If it illuminates randomly without touch and activates, then something is wrong internally

7. Raptor

Raptor Welcome to DIVA!

Hi.
    Yes this controller is for future tone, I have the ps4 version and the Japanese version of project diva. I also enabled arcade controller on the game and the arcade setting on the controller. The problem is that the touch slider activates by itself so I can't play the game because that spams the slider and even in the menu it scroll the song list without me touching it.

8. correllroy

correllroy Big Debut

Then yeah its internal, most likely some of the wiring connected in Touch panel by PCB in the HORI dedicated controller, most likely a faulty connection since its registering touch with touching it and stuck