1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

Project Diva Ambidex Challenge

Discussion in 'General' started by Dyspnia, May 31, 2013.

1. Dyspnia

Dyspnia Retired cDLC Creator

University Student
    So I had this idea after playing my first Pokemon Nuzlocke Randomizer Challenge (it went horribly btw...). Why not a self challenge to make our PD scores a little more sentimental? I've had this idea for a while and I wanna know what you guys think and maybe try it out sometime and see how it goes.

Rules for the Ambidex Challenge:
    As it says in the title, you must have two hands (if you play PD with one hand then you are a PD GOD!).
    You must pick a hand to start out with for the challenge (most of the time, it'll be your right since that's what most ppl are comfy with).
    Every time you hit a arrow with both hands, you must switch to the other hand. (If there are multiple arrows in a row here's a hint: even amount = don't switch, odd = switch).
    You may only use both hands on normal notes when the notes overlap as sometimes it's virtually impossible to do them with one hand. After the overlap notes are through, go back to the way you just were.
    f and F exclusive rule: When you see a star note, you must switch to the other hand for them, then switch back when you're done for normal notes again.

This challenge will require fast eyes and a quick mind so see if you can do it! ^^

Here's my score for Do You Kotonano with me doing this challenge (not one of those fancy pics with a piece of paper with my name on it cause this is just for fun (plus I don't own a camera)):
    Since this song starts with Star notes, I accidentally started with my right hand and then when the normal notes came I had to use my left hand to start TT_TT
    [​IMG]

2. Almeria

Almeria アイサレタイ
    Staff Member Moderator

Studying Media Science at Södertörn University
    This is a really nice idea for a challenge! Since I always play using both hands I sometimes challenge myself by using only one hand at a time, switching after half the song and play normally during chance time since I get too tired playing with only one. This way it's more versatile and much more challenging, I'll try it next time I play ^^

3. BluRockShooter

BluRockShooter Intermediate Player

Home Page:
    https://www.facebook.com/BLuRockShooter
    Haha I always do that on songs that I mastered!
    I was going to challenge you guys but I dunno what's it gonna call XD

But I never tried it on f/F because I never owned a PSV/PS3 >_<

4. MikuHatsune

MikuHatsune ProjectDIVA.Wiki Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Home Page:
    https://www.projectdiva.wiki
    I play pjd with one hand. (Except arrow notes).
    I'm still used to it from the first PSP game, so that's why I can't beat most of extreme songs without help items, because I kinda suck on fast passages on the songs. Well I do use both hands for the extreme ones, but I keep going out of rhythm with the left hand.

5. Japes

Japes Advanced Player

Someone try this challenge with 初音ミクの激唱 (The Singing Passion of Hatsune Miku).

I would say "kidding", but Magical39 could probably do it...

6. cyberkevin

cyberkevin Intermediate Player

One hand, or just 4 buttons ? Gekishou in One hand, it's possibly to survive ;)

7. Japes

Japes Advanced Player

Oh yeah, I guess I hadn't thought about the difference, since one hand can span the width of the entire controller. I don't know what the rules would say in that case, lol.

8. Dyspnia

Dyspnia Retired cDLC Creator

University Student
    People can actually play gekishou with one hand... I mean, I've seen videos titled like "One handed Sadistic Music Factory" and such but gekishou holy crap man... xD

9. dorothy3242

dorothy3242 Advanced Player

I actually rarely use my left hand (and I'm a leftie too)
    Only for arrow notes and long overlapping chains. I can do overlapping notes 3 or so on a normal paced song but then I lose my momentum if it's longer when I do them with only one hand xD. Unless it's a slower song like Time Machine or Acute then I can go all the way through.
    Since I started with the first project diva I find it really hard to co-ordinate and I still have trouble doing so for the overlapping notes..
    In my opinion, those that play with both hands regularly are the project diva GODS.
    How do you guys even...
    For me it's bad enough that I rarely turn on button sounds because my arrow notes are so barely on time enough to get cool that they make a sort of double-noise which really annoys me.

This also seems like a really cool challenge.
    ...I find it kind of funny that I actually do this exact thing a lot (to improve left hand skills.)
    Will post some attempts later :>