1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

PDF Waiting Thread!

Discussion in 'Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA ƒ & Project DIVA F' started by Almeria, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Darksidehearts

Darksidehearts A calm state of mind is proof of skill and mastery
    Staff Member

Assistant Psychology Prof. at USF
    I know this isn't on-topic but do you know if Rakuten charges a small amount before some purchases? I recently had an alert from my bank that they charged 1 cent from my credit card and the bank found it suspicious. I did buy a CD for $5.80 but haven't received an e-mail to pay it yet, I think that charge is related to the order but I wasn't too sure. I have e-mailed them on it the other day but have yet to receive a response. Can you shed any light on this Infinity?

2. infinity

infinity Little traveler

Well i don't use Rakuten, all i can say is that it's a marketplace where sellers and buyers can meet, a friend of mine bought some CDs one year ago and he was waiting an e-mail from the seller, he had to answer this e-mail by telling that the seller can take the money and send him the goods. Did you send the e-mail to the seller or to Rakuten ? I know that hotmail adresses are not welcome in Japan, many websites don't trust an hotmail e-mail. Are they selling worldwide ?

3. Darksidehearts

Staff Member

I sent the e-mail to Rakuten, I use an Yahoo e-mail address for any purchases through them and I have bought a few CD's through their service. This was the first time that's ever happened. I did get a response from them this afternoon stating that some sellers like to take a small deposit as a way to reserve stock for a customer. They only take the smallest amount possible in case the item in question is not available. To be honest I find the notion of that a little strange but I can understand it. Well anyway, things have been sorted out and my bank has re-activated the card. Incidentally my payment processing for Diva F has been sorted through a different card thanks to this issue but it's now all set and shipped...for now

4. Almeria

Almeria アイサレタイ
    Staff Member Moderator

Studying Media Science at Södertörn University
    Since you decided to be a pessimist about it I'll be excited about it instead!
    Is it there yet? Have you got it yet? Where is it now? :D

I'm in love with Tokyo Teddy Bear; I started planning a cosplay of Scissors, watched the PV 3 times yesterday and took screenshots. I also edited out the logo and watermark on some of them, but I didn't realise my screen resizing would affect the pictures >.< I now have a black frame on them all. Also they're saved as PNG and turns pixely on the tiniest zoom-in. Still, maybe I should get a tumblr to upload them on...
    I also made myself a new avi from my favourite screenshot ^^

I just realised I've got TTB on repeat too, I hardly notice anymore ;)

5. Darksidehearts

Staff Member

Well like I said to you before, I'm not a very optimistic person. I like to be happy but in general I always think of the worst so when it happens I can deal with it, I get very uneasy when things start going right because I'm not used to that and feel something is off. As far as I know it's on transit to my location, the package has not reached my area and I'm not sure when it will be because the tracking information was for the incorrect person, so it will be a big surprise when I do get it. On the plus side Mr. Phillips got his iPod...

Yeah, screen resizing can be a tricky issue. Found that out when I went to make a banner for my Youtube page. How did you take the screenshots, did you use a player or print screen to do it? I usually just use the snipping tool. If you make a page for your screenshots I'll be sure to visit ^_^

PNG is usually pretty good for images, or at least that is what I use when I do Photoshop projects but in general for screenshots I agree it's not always too great.

Oh and I think we all have a song that gets stuck in your head if you like it a lot *cough* Just be Meltdown *cough*...it's a good thing..mmmm

6. Almeria

Almeria アイサレタイ
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm glad for Mr. Phillips' sake ^^ And I still hope you get yours soon!

The game has a built-in screenshot mechanism, you just go to your PS home and over to photos (while having the game paused on your screenshot) and there will be a "take screenshot"-button. They are then saved to your PS3 and I just copied them over to the external harddrive I always keep plugged in. This is how you save your self-made pictures in the Photo Studio ^^ I made one, but didn't really like it. It might be possible to take a screenshot of only the gallery pictures (the loading screens) for personal use, keep in mind though that all screenshots have the SEGA watermark in the corner (though I'm being sneaky and PSing those out)

I never use PNG for anything, I make JPEGs for internet uploads but I always work with RAW-files when it comes to my photos. I like JPEG though, it still keeps the resolution and colours pretty well.

7. Darksidehearts

Staff Member

That's an interesting feature, didn't know the game could do that. I would have recorded some game-play and then later make a screenshot when watching the video back. That feature makes it a whole lot easier. Now from what I remember and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but PNG is a lossless format while JPEG is a lossless compressed format. Usually PNG is used for photograph works and for images with a lot of text, while JPEG is used for web optimized images and can maintain quality with detail depending on the way it's formulated. I've always used PNG when I export any work because I personally don't like the way JPEG manages colours, they tend to come out either saturated or somewhat dull but then again that most likely is an error on my part.

JPEG compression can make images more universal for use on the web and if done right can maintain a great amount of detail where PNG can sometimes be a bit tricky to manage depending on what your using it for. For example, I scanned this is in as a TIFF and then when I was finished exported it as a PNG formatted file
    [​IMG]
    Granted that this a scan and not a photograph so source might differ in the quality of a PNG formatted file.

You do bring up a good point though, basically experiment with the different formats based on your own personal choices and what you need it for. Oh, and I got some news to share once I confirm something later today ^_^

8. Almeria

Almeria アイサレタイ
    Staff Member Moderator

I guess I just haven't experimented much with different formats and just stuck with what I know ^^

Also wanted to say that I created a flickr account where I can upload random stuff, I posted 4 screenshots from Tokyo Teddy Bear and I could fix more if people are interested. I'm using one as my desktop and one as my avatar :)

Uh, forgot the link, here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/94224495@N08/

9. Darksidehearts

Staff Member

Well I'm not an expert at anything photo related, if anything I'm more of a Videographer than anything else. To each their own as far as methodology is concerned, I like the screenshots you uploaded thus far.