1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

PD2: Text Display Error

Discussion in 'Edit Help / WIP' started by blatantfangirl, May 31, 2012.

1. blatantfangirl

blatantfangirl Welcome to DIVA!

Watch the title if I ever get done with the lyrics and move on to the notechart, but for now, I've got a little problem: some characters don't seem to display properly in-game -- the PSP enters them fine, but all I see in-game is a question mark for the offending character, like so:

[​IMG]

The line is だから舞い舞い 眩暈 but I cannot for the life of me get PJD2 to recognize "暈" at the end -- in fact, I couldn't get the PSP to recognize "memai", I had to go for "genun" to get the right characters. Other times this has happened, just using different kana fixed it. This one simply escapes me. Any advice? I'd rather not cop out with hiragana or romaji if I can help it. orz

2. Suyo

Suyo Master of Unfortunate SAFEs
    Legendary Supporter

Website Maintenance, amateur Game Coder
    Home Page:
    http://www.greencouchgames.net
    I took a look at the font.txt in Project DIVA extend, which is very similar to PD2. This file maps every character to a certain one on the font images.
    Now, when I open it and look for 暈, it returns no results. This Kanji is simply non-existant in PD.

Theoretically, it would be possible to add 暈 to the images and the font map, but then every person who want to play your Edit with the correct lyrics would have to use the patched ISO, too. Sadly, using Hiragana would be the best way to do this.

3. blatantfangirl

blatantfangirl Welcome to DIVA!

Huh. Well, that's interesting. Unfortunate, but interesting -- I wonder what other kanji might be missing... (tightsooon you are too clever for project diva :<) And yeah, editing the ISO is right out. orz

Oh well, hiragana it is, then. Luckily that happens to be the only instance that needs fixing with the way I've done things~ Thanks for the feedback!
    Now to get up the courage to actually post it once it's done. >_>;