1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

PC [PC] Slender [Warning: Could be scary!]

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by MikuHatsune, Oct 4, 2012.

1. MikuHatsune

MikuHatsune ProjectDIVA.Wiki Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Home Page:
    https://www.projectdiva.wiki
    You may already heared of the game, well if not i guess it could be interesting for you, but first: if you can be scared pretty easy this game may be too much for you. ;)
    Anyways... Slender is kind of Indie Game with horror genre. It shows how to make a pretty good game, which makes you play more and more attempts until you finally reach the goal. If you become scared too much, no problem: just press ESC and the game will be closed instantly. But here's what you need to do if you decided to stay:

You are in a forest. It's dark. You are only equipped with a light. You need to find 8 pages. You're not alone.
    The Slenderman is a meme created by the internet community and creepypasta. He's a long man without face. If you look at him, you'll die. That's all.

So what are you going to do? Trying to get the 8 pages without getting catched.

Without a Game Walkthrough or Map of the game you'll notice that you'll get lost in the forest a lot. Also the pages randomly spawn somewhere in the forest. So every attempt is not like the previous ones. Also Slender randomly spawns and vanishs. The more pages you get, the more intense the hunt is.

So here are some hints:
    Running between the trees is important if you have more than 5 pages otherwise he'll catch you from behind if you have bad luck. Also while being between the trees, he won't be able to see you (except if you're looking at him).
    In the house can be 1 or 2 pages. Sometimes there's no page inside. But if you go inside the house after you got 5 pages or more, the chance is pretty high that he'll stand behind a corner so you should go inside as soon as possible after you start the game.

What will happen if you get 8 pages?
    Well, in older versions (0.9.4 or lower) he'll just catch you and you'll see the game credits. In newer versions it's kinda different but i'm not going to tell you. Go find out yourself. ;)
    If you beat the game, Extras will be unlocked.
    First Extra is the Daylight Mode. You'll play with sun. Well not that scary but if you get the 8 pages in this mode, the next mode will get unlocked, the $20 Mode. In this mode if you see Slenderman, you'll hear some kind of rap song loop "GIMME TWENTY DOLLA'S!". This is an easter egg to a video parody on youtube. If you also beat this one, the most interesting mode appears: the MH Mode. In this mode, you'll see everything through an old TV Videotape. Also there's some extra fog, making the game more scary.
    Older versions of the game won't include some of those modes, so you should download the latest version.
    Now here's some action:

Some Gameplay videos with Facecam:

yamimash

Pewdiepie (Part 6)

AllAboutTheGamesHD

SMOSH GAMES (Skip to 1:03)

Download and Official Page (v0.9.7): http://www.parsecproductions.net/slender/
    Fansite (all versions): http://www.slendergame.com

2. Almeria

Almeria アイサレタイ
    Staff Member Moderator

Studying Media Science at Södertörn University
    I'm not that easily frightened but sometimes I get scared by stupid stuff, amongst them Slender man. And I hate getting scared.
    After it was released, I was having a gaming night with my friends and of course they had to play Slender on the big screen so it was almost impossible to escape. My PSP and Project Diva saved me that night lol.
    And the one playing wasn't very good and everyone was yelling at him xD It would've been hilarious if I wasn't trying to avoid the screen. Luckily I never saw the guy once! ;D

Fun idea but not appreciated by me, but that is of course only my opinion ^^