1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion My problem with Project DIVA X...

Discussion in 'Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA X & Project DIVA X HD' started by MikuHatsune, Apr 5, 2016.

1. kaiki

kaiki Sweet-Tooth Gamer

Lab assistant
    My biggest complain on project Diva X besides the songlist(not going to say further on this issue), grinding on modules and the stupidest extreme mode on the ultimate medley.... ..............................

no more Vocaloids wishing you a happy birthday. No more. T____T

2. tojushiro

tojushiro Intermediate Player

Teacher
    The more I play this game, the more I realize how much of a troll it is. There are parts of songs that are made up of all the same note when you play them regularly, but are made up of all different notes when you play them with random on, like you have to for certain quests. Which means these songs were specifically designed to throw you off in random mode. I know it happens in The Name of the Sin, but there are more that I can't think of. It's little things like this that drive me nuts. It's not meant to be difficult per se, it's just meant to trick you. That's my biggest problem with Urotander, too. Project Diva has always had a certain amount of fake difficulty, but this time they've turned it up to 11.

3. angeal

angeal Newbie Player

I think I have already said what I thought about this game...well I can somewhat deal with the "too few songs" thing, even if this is a full priced game....
    I mean the songlist is shallow but still is pretty good, although dlc songs does not seem to be planed for anytime soon...
    Grinding for costume and song is stupid, considering there's "too few songs to play" for a "lot of modules" to unlock to begin with...
    I can accept that because, you're not forced to unlock every module to enjoy the songs and there's that dlc that unlocked them all for what it's worth.

But there's one thing I found to be very useless in this game, and one thing that truly get on my nerve : - the new spammable note serve no purpose, there's already something incredibely similar which are called hold note that exist since Project diva 2nd, you can change every rush note by hold note and still perfectely maintain the flavor of the chart. Come on Sega I know you can do better.
    - and the thing that made me very angry, no edit mode .... there's nothing more to say, as an edit play creator myself I'm both mad and sad.
    This game is sold to us as an experiment, to cut out a bit with what we're use to, so necessarily there's some good stuff like module change after chance time and a whole bunch of other stuff that are no good, hope Sega will learn from this and we'll see for the next game in two years.

4. GenKaidou

GenKaidou Intermediate Player

I really wish they would go back to the previous games' format where we had story PVs and Chance Time meant an alternate ending. Honestly, this module grind feels a lot like they just wanted an excuse to force microtransactions on the player and make a quick buck from people who can probably not get Dimension, or too lazy to unlock modules.

Sure keep story mode if you want but please bring the Shop back. Rush Notes I can rather do without like the poster above said. They're not even THAT significant. And please Sega, you have an amazing catalog of songs from the past, at least bring back the Live PVs so we have more variety when grinding songs. There's only so much Satisfaction I can play (and I love the song).

5. stratoside

stratoside Advanced Player

they took out double star from F2nd, not sure if anyone mentioned that

i think they also took out the Extreme levan polka as well

also about the edit mode, i think it's cause PS4 doesn't let you transport the music file into the harddrive?

6. MikuHatsune

MikuHatsune ProjectDIVA.Wiki Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Home Page:
    https://www.projectdiva.wiki
    1. yes and those lined-up star notes are also gone.

2. yes it's gone... they even moved the tutorial from the song list to the options menu...

7. chiso

chiso Intermediate Player

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has a problem with X. I agree with everythin what MikuHatsune on the first post said.
    I don't even think the quest mode is a bad thing, but so many changes made the game a bit dull... f and f2nd were much better.
    It also would have been way more exciting if every vocaloid would had a song for each element... I mean there was always more Miku than the others but it's extreme in X. I'm not even sure if I will buy myself the HD version for my ps 4 if it will come out :/ but probably will.
    Still a kinda letdown. But maybe the producer haven't got much time for this one because of future tone?

8. MikuHatsune

MikuHatsune ProjectDIVA.Wiki Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Home Page:
    https://www.projectdiva.wiki
    Another thing which bothers me: I feel kinda forced to use specific accessories instead of the ones I want just to get those 60% bonus for higher quests. I don't want to use the Diamond/Arabic/Gold necklace/Cape combo thing everytime I play a song from the Beauty category.... I also don't want to look like an irish cobold everytime I play a Chaos song. Or that fairy combo for Cute, why can't I wear cat ears, whiskers, a tail and a tiny bell or ribbon instead? It's also cute but only gives about 42% instead of 60%...

9. RayGirl

RayGirl Intermediate Player

It’s been awhile since I last read. It’s almost becoming 5 years since the game’s release. I’m gonna say something about it but this is not coming from I-don’t-care side.

First, they had to try new way to play the game.

Second, the song list was really awkward. I don’t know how they see it.

Third, the event request was really awkward as well (referred to 2nd above). They should have made one song for each character.

I had this feeling ever since I have the game. Since I have finished it, there’s nothing I could do about it then.

That’s about it from me

10. Alice Phantomhive

Alice Phantomhive EXTRA Extreme Gamer

I never realized the double star thing but they do have the rush star in Renai Saiban (Love Trial) Also if i spelt it wrong plz dont be mad T^T

11. Shiggitay

Shiggitay Newbie Player

I'mma just leave this here:

12. Zac Wood

Zac Wood Staff/Fortune Teller/Lucky Guesser/Spam Buster
    Staff Member Moderator

Family buisness, a Family matter.
    #32 Zac Wood, Apr 7, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
    I never played this game; but during that “waiting for NX and Project DIVA game on NX phase” in 2016, even I thought the game was mediocre overall:

• The story while cute according to some, was dry with what I saw given that Miku and company had no real character to begin with. I.E. they were working with sentient audio software-centric anime cardboard cutouts.

• The soundtrack was a numbers-based travesty in a pre-Future Tone era. 32 tracks: 24 songs with 2 DLC songs, 6 medleys that are essentially song-mashup remixes, 2 controversial additions involving Len, one song singlehandedly causing the game to be banned in South Korea, and a medley including a giant sexual innuendo of a song.

• Project Mirai DX on 3DS had 48 songs PERIOD.

• Project DIVA F2nd had 56 songs (42 in the base game, 14 as DLC)

• Project DIVA F had 42 songs (36 base songs, and 6 DLC songs)

• Project DIVA Mega Mix would go on to have 177 songs (base 101 + 77 DLC), thus being the first game on a handheld to reach a triple digit song list.

• The timing didn’t do this game any favors with Future Tone releasing in between both PS Vita and PS4 versions in Japan. Thus cementing Future Tone’s place as THE Project DIVA game on PS4, with X being forgotten about almost immediately.
      • Project DIVA X PS Vita release: March 24th 2016 (JP)
      • Project DIVA Future Tone release: June 23rd, 2016 (JP)
      • Project DIVA X PS4 release: August 25th, 2016 (JP)

In a way; I saw Ash Paulson’s* ‘Meh’ response and the abysmal sales for the game from a mile away.

(Ash Paulson was a then GameXplain member before founding Good Vibes Gaming, and is in fact the son of American voice acting legend Rob Paulson, the voice of Yakko Warner, Pinky, 2 of the TMNT, Carl Wheezer, Grey Fox in Smash Bros. and Bubsy the Bobcat for a failed TV pilot funded by Taco Bell)

13. Doctopus

Doctopus Project Alpaca "BDFL"

#33 Doctopus, Apr 7, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
    That's one of the reason why I had the theory that DIVA X was SEGA scrapping what had left on Miracle Girls Festival (or even a sequel that probably got cancelled very early due to licensing difficulties, etc.). A story line and a dating simulator simulator mechanics makes perfect sense for MGF's background of anime crossover on a mega live event but not so much for blank slates like vocaloids. Module drop system also feels less weird in an anime settings (looks at PriPara) than on vocaloids. There are also stuff that were copypasted straight from MGF like the "new" score keeping system (both ~100k highest score and "voltage" system), strictly concerts instead of story PVs (again makes perfect sense for an MGF game but not DIVA) and challenge tracks (as opposite to just let players use items). The entire game flow also matches better to MGF rather than DIVA to the point that it's more familiar to MGF players than DIVA players.

Also Utsumi aka THE producer of Project DIVA left SEGA shortly after X's release due to "unspecified personal reasons". Coincidence? I think not.

Zac Wood likes this.
  14. Zac Wood

Zac Wood Staff/Fortune Teller/Lucky Guesser/Spam Buster
    Staff Member Moderator

Family buisness, a Family matter.