1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

Main diffrence between PD1 and PD2/Extend

Discussion in 'General' started by St0n3, Oct 10, 2013.

1. OkpOkpX2

OkpOkpX2 Intermediate Player

Home Page:
    http://okpokpx2.deviantart.com/
    There is no such thing as physic weight map files (needed for the "physics/collision" effect to happen) inside the game files and yes, those effects were animated by hand that's why it's almost impossible in the PSP PD games to find a clipping error if it's not related to the sleeves.

Like i already said: the tie bones were removed because they decided to add bones to the models eyes instead of moving them with morphs (facials/expressions), it's also out of my knowledge of why the tie bones were not back for F, maybe to prevent clipping issues.

It's not WAYYYY too high poly for the psp to handle, the PSP can handle 95k polys per scene, this model could simple be around 8-12k and look completely smooth (I'm a 3DCG modeler i know what i'm talking about) and her textures are inside the game files.

2. Dyspnia

Dyspnia Retired cDLC Creator

University Student
    And exactly what kind of file would this be? Wouldn't it be in the head and body igbs?

Even if they were to keep the tie bones, they could have just added the eye bones to go with it. They wouldn't need to remove a few bones to just add new ones.

I can not imagine my PSP playing with this model in a full motion PV without lag.
    And if you want to bring out the hobby card, I too deal with this kind of stuff, I play with the files in Project Diva all the time and even though the textures might be inside the game, I don't think that they would have used the model for more than just promotion purposes.

Out of curiosity, may I see these textures?

3. OkpOkpX2

Home Page:
    Even a .txt file works (PDF uses .txt files for the weights).

I don't work for the Project DIVA Team i don't know their issues/standars.

You just lack of imagination c: A friend of mine successfuly imported a 15k model to the game and got it working with no problem... Everything depends on how the game is programmed.

Sadly i lost her textures but you can view them with Alchemy (PD engine) the file with the textures is a file that's not named like the others if i remember correctly.

4. Dyspnia

University Student
    Fine, I admit defeat... I found evidence confirming your words...
    [​IMG]
    I made a quick cDLC of Miku's igbs but replaced the Vocaloid it's supposed to be (it's a KAITO module technically).
    KAITO never has more than short hair, so his modules ALWAYS have the short hair animation in the menu screen. The animators wouldn't have animated twintails, ponytails, or skirts for him. This image shows that his twintails are staying in place as they don't have an animation. I now know that everything is animated in the PD games. There are no physics.

As a disclaimer, I don't want you to look at me as a retard. I do know what I'm talking about and it just so happens that SEGA decided to go a different route when making these games. I was a bit weary of saying this as I'm afraid people will have the attitude of "HA!" Please accept this apology for not doing enough research.

I might as well just go with the rest of what you said as I probably can't find out the rest.

5. PSI Gaming

PSI Gaming Stressed? Don't fret!

My theory for the physics for the PSP games is that they recorded them and also checked the physics frame-by-frame. If they found something that was disagreeable, they could just edit it by hand. I'm thinking about this because there's no way they could edit physics frame-by-frame hand-by-hand and there's also no way they got any errors (ahem, panty shots, etc.) while recording it.
    The version of the theory for the Arcade and Dreamy Theater games is a bit complicated. They use a combination of collision data (applies to hair only but I might be wrong) and the theory above (recording and editing hand-by-hand). I suspect that the reason why Miku's twintails slide back to their regular position instead of staying on her shoulders or arms when they even touch just a tiny bit of Miku's skin.
    I suspect the F and f games use the PSP theory because looking closely in Torinoko City's PV, Miku's hair also slows down during the slow motion bit in the PV.

6. Dyspnia

University Student
    They may possibly animate hair bones and other big needs for f, but THIS TIME, I'm almost 100% certain there's physics in that game. There are WAY too many parts to animate on each module (bangs, arm warmers, breasts, etc).
    If it was to be ALL be done by bones again, I would kind of want to just stare at SEGA with confusion.

7. OkpOkpX2

Home Page:
    Like i already said... The PSP PD games lack of physics simulation, there is no trace of physic weight maps on the game files, those "effects" were animated by hand and the test Dyspnia made proves that.
    DT series and Arcade don't use recorded physics, the games uses Havok as their physics engine and well... Every body (physic weight) needs it's own configuration so that means that you can make them move the way you want.
    PDf/F has default generated physic simulation (the weight maps are .txt files). **Rin has breast bones**
    For the Torinoko City thing: you can simply adjust the weight/gravity and movement (speed) for that (Arcade Deep-Sea Girl PV is an example) to get that effect.

8. St0n3

St0n3 Newbie Player

Do that to Luka model and tell me does her hair is moving. If not send me the DLC in PM.

9. Dyspnia

University Student
    I think they were trying to say is that EXTERNALLY (not in the game itself) they ran a physics test when animating in they're software. They physics test moved the bones as they would as regular physics but it recorded the way everything moved. After they did their little animation (with physics), they moved the hair bones, skirt bones, etc to fix any problems the animation had.
    There still are no physics but they may have possibly used them when animating, as moving each piece each frame would have been tedious. It's however, just their theory.

Long hair does not move with non-long haired people on the main menu too.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Funny thing is, this also happens to a few official modules, mainly Miku
    [​IMG]
    She doesn't have any long haired animations on the main menu, her hair's just stiff like the tests.