1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Is Project Diva X worth the grind?

Discussion in 'Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA X & Project DIVA X HD' started by PinkoStickLuv, Apr 14, 2016.

1. PinkoStickLuv

PinkoStickLuv Advanced Player

Playing Project Diva
    I basically made this thread to ask those who have the game is it worth it? I'm thinking of getting the NA release because I like the new features and modules but is this game worth grinding for everything? I know you have to grind for modules over and over only being able to play the sake songs which I'm sure get old quickly and grinding for certain items so you can give that to the vocaloid and unlock events which sounds incredibly complicated trying to get certain accessories to drop(especially the sketch book event). Also there's the fact that edit mode and a traditional diva room is gone. So basically yeah is the game worth it and did you get bored with it fast?

2. GenKaidou

GenKaidou Intermediate Player

I haven't gotten bored playing, but I think that could be due to all the grinding. I see an objective and won't stop till I reach it. That said, I think once I do get the trophies that require grinding, like present/events, I will probably take a very long break from the game. And I just remembered that there're affection trophis as well... ah heck. This game just has a death grip on completionists...

I'm surprised SEGA didn't consider this when they made the game. What's the point in eliminating random events when you're going to leave getting the presents to unlock them completely to RNG (and removing the Shop from the previous games). Same for affection levels, they make it easier to increase them with requests, but bump up the maximum level to 10. I mean..... so counterproductive.

3. tojushiro

tojushiro Intermediate Player

Teacher
    It really depends on what kind of player you are. Playing the same songs over and over again is less of a hassle if you're already trying to get a perfect rank on every difficulty (it's great practice!), but if all you care about is getting all the stuff, it can get really tedious really fast. Just having to play through Urotander so many times to get all the costumes is a pain, and I LOVE that song.

4. MikuHatsune

MikuHatsune ProjectDIVA.Wiki Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Home Page:
    https://www.projectdiva.wiki
    You can also always buy the "Unlock all modules" DLC....

5. tojushiro

Teacher
    I think I've changed my answer from maybe to no. I've been grinding for hours and the rare modules just don't want to drop. And don't even think about using the modules that raise your chances of rare drops. All that does is make you get the same rare modules over and over again.

6. Magical39

Magical39 Pro Player

But it also depends, which modules you are looking for, because there are rare modules which drops only in element medley and all christmas & rate notes lv3 (forgot if it was up or +) drops from special event 1 & 2 100% for each vocaloid when placed as 3rd Lead.

7. tojushiro

Teacher
    I'm just going for the random drops right now. Maybe I'm just going about this the wrong way, are there events that are guaranteed to drop random rare modules or something? Because that would make everything a lot better.

8. dorothy3242

dorothy3242 Advanced Player

special lives 3-7 have an incredibly increased drop rate for their corresponding element's are modules. Using it with the new module up lv.4 skilled modules, I got new rares 2/3rds of the time. It helped me incredibly in getting my last 10 modules, which were all rares of various elements.
    3rd-> Neutral Rare Module Drop Chance Up
    4th-> Cute
    5th-> Cool
    6th-> Beauty
    7th-> Chaos

9. tojushiro

Teacher
    Well that helps! I guess my answer is back to maybe.

I do wish the drop rate was 100% on the events that give you specific rare modules, though. Nothing like clearing the voltage requirement on the last Special Live for the tenth time, only to have the game say no ultimate for you.

10. tojushiro

Teacher
    I've changed my answer back to no, and I think it's going to stay there. Having collected all of the modules, I've realized that that's not even the half of it. The REAL grind is the room events. Do you know how many darn sketch books you need to get to see them all? Twelve. And they seem to be exceedingly rare drops, as are the other items that you need piles of. I'm going for all the titles, so I might get it anyway, but it's actually looking kind of unlikely. And you get a trophy for seeing them all, too.

11. PinkoStickLuv

Playing Project Diva
    Thanks to everyone for the answers I've decided if I buy this game it would just be for the songs and I would probably buy the DLC that unlocks songs and modules as the grind as Tojushiro mentioned sounds like Hell! If I buy this game I probably won't play it seriously just whenever I wanna play a certain song with a certain module(seems to be all you can do anyway) but me getting it really does depend on if song DLC is coming because I know I'll get bored with the set list.

12. tojushiro

Teacher
    Despite the grind, it's hard for me to not recommend the game to a PD fan. It's still a fun game, they've basically had the formula perfect since the second game XD I just wouldn't set your heart on collecting everything unless you're a hardcore completionist.

13. PinkoStickLuv

Playing Project Diva
    Yeah makes sense lol! From what I can see the game still seems really fun so I'll probably give it a whirl. Besides I'm glad Sega is trying new things because this will get us better PD game win the future as some of the new features I really like! Like Medleys and Special Lives! I even like the new stage switch feature but I hope in the next game they do a mix of dance only and story PV's and bring back chance time in at least free play mode and make the random drops a bit more random meaning you have a higher chance of getting something new!

14. Texy_Nyan

Texy_Nyan Newbie Player

Today i got the title for 100%Clear+, i love so much the LQ Mode, its very fun =w=

Nway, if you need drop some itens for Event Trophy, here some songs where you can drop some itens:
    Quiz set: Ai no Uta
    Sketchbook: Oster Medley
    Calligraphy: Calc.
    Silk Hat: Calc. and Amazing Dolce

-About next game:
    If we are gonna have A X-2/X2nd, maybe the classification can be for +/-35 songs:
    4 Dance PV for each area
    1 Story PV for each area
    1 Medley for each area.

15. Magical39

Magical39 Pro Player

Apparently it's Vocaloid based when items drops. If I am not wrong, items, that the vocaloid likes most drops nearly less or not at all while all items they do not like will drop even more than it should. For example Sketch Book: Len doesn't like it: I manage to get many sketch books, while with Luka playing from lv 3 to lv 7 friendship, I haven't even once seen a sketch book dropping.

16. tojushiro

Teacher
    Huh, that's interesting. Any idea which song/vocaloid drops hot plates?

17. dorothy3242

Satisfaction definitely drops hot plates. One time I got lucky and it even dropped 3 at once (I was using Len, but I rarely use other vocaloids so I can't say much about that half of the equation)

18. tojushiro

Teacher
    Well, dang. I never even noticed any of this, you guys are observant XD

19. dorothy3242

So much grinding, desperation, and a willingness to catch on to any shining piece of salvation can cause that.

20. tojushiro

Teacher
    Have you guys figured out what drops the knitting yarn?