1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

impressions & discussion thread !

Discussion in 'Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai & Mirai 2' started by Moogle, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Moogle

Moogle ProjectDIVA.fr Administrator

Home Page:
    http://www.projectdiva.fr
    [​IMG]

Since Project Mirai is out, I think it could be a good thing to have a general thread to talk about the game. Here are my impressions.

The game is pretty good, but I think they could do more. At the first glance, the game seems really short with only 21 musics (but the tracklist is awesome, I like most of the songs). It actually takes some times to unlock costumes, because they are really expensive and you slowly earn points. You have to know that the costumes can already be used before they’re unlocked in the songs they apply to. You also have to unlock alternative versions of songs.

The gameplay is surprisingly demanding. I'm glad the game uses the same colour scheme for the buttons as the one for the PSP, it helps a lot. The scoring system is well-balanced, but you don't have anymore FINE in Project Mirai, so a Perfect rank can only be achieved by hitting all the notes with COOL. The "funny" thing is that all the perfect will have the same score…

Some PV are beautiful, others are disappointing, but the 3D works pretty well. And most important: it's really cute ! The bad thing is that you don't have an alternative Edit Mode, that's a shame. I don't understand why SEGA didn't add this feature, it could be awesome with StreetPass and SpotPass.

2. MikuHatsune

MikuHatsune ProjectDIVA.Wiki Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Home Page:
    https://www.projectdiva.wiki
    Re: mirai: impressions & discussion thread !

i think there wasn't enough space on the 3DS-Card :<
    well maybe they'll add some songs in the Nintendo Store for download

3. Moogle

Moogle ProjectDIVA.fr Administrator

Home Page:
    http://www.projectdiva.fr

I don't think they had this problem. The 3DS cards can hold from 1GB to 8GB, this is really huge, and some games like Theatrhythm Final Fantasy have over 50 songs. I wonder if SEGA will add some extra songs on the eShop, but I don't see anything like a DLC menu in the game (we had a EXTRA menu in Project DIVA 2nd and extend). By the way, even if you unlock all the songs very quickly, you have to play some hours to buy all the costumes... Snow Miku 2012 and Miku Crystal Star are very expensive (20 000 points, and I win an average of 2 000 points when a song is cleared).

4. Konatacoffee

Konatacoffee I <3 Hatsune Miku!

My impression of the game. Well I enjoyed playing it and enjoyed unlocking all the costumes though it did take a little messing around with the game to figure it out since I got it on the day it was released. The track list was a little small I thought and I also at first didn't enjoy most of the songs but that changes the more I play which is how it is with all the Project Diva games and me anyways lol. It took a little time to be able to get the letters to correspond to the buttons but once that was taken care of I really enjoyed it and I still do. :)

I think it's a great game and hope there will be many more like it to come in the future. Also I'm hoping for DLC. :D

5. Maakun

Maakun Intermediate Player

Technical Support Representative
    my friend brought over her 3DS and this game and...meh...
    maybe it's because I'm not so much a fan of portable gaming (the last time I really touched my DS LL was for DraQue IX) but it just didn't capture my attention. It's cute, and it's fun to watch her play, but I don't like it much personally.

6. ChenMW

ChenMW Newbie Player

i bought a few days ago and my impressions on mirai is

1. simple, the gameplay is like a clock, all the normal were easy enough to finish one tries, and the hard really isn't that difficult

2. cute, big head, 3D effect, or try playing with 3D effect, whole new experience.

3. pv you can take photo, add comment and etc

conclusion

1. maybe its way too simple and nothing much to do compared to diva f, i was expecting a diva room at least, lol

2. it is alot easier to play as i don have any difficulty clearing all the hard mode

3. for unlocking costumes you have to watch every pv

as this game started not long so i have to wait and see if they got any new updates on the e-shop.