1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

How do presents work in X?

Discussion in 'Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA X & Project DIVA X HD' started by OkizakiTheOtaku, Mar 25, 2016.

1. OkizakiTheOtaku

OkizakiTheOtaku Double Platinum Diva

For the life of me I can't seem to get any presents right. I've given at least 20 to Miku and she hasn't liked any of them. I could have sworn that she liked the same ones in F/F2 (which I gave all the presents to get the platinum trophy) but in X I can't find a single one that she'll like. It's driving me nuts. Am I doing something wrong?

2. unkai87

unkai87 Intermediate Player

She will give you a hint of what she wants. For example she told me once, I am tired of practice, why not something to have fun? and then you give her something fun like the pink teddy bear and she was happy about it. I am not actually sure. One time she told me she wanted to get better at singing so i gave her the mic with the stand and she loved it. I think it works like this.

3. tsumiki01124

tsumiki01124 Intermediate Player

Those hints are sometimes quite weird. I remember I gave someone milk when he/she asked for sweet things, but it didn't work out.

4. OkizakiTheOtaku

Ahhh that makes lots of sense. Thank you. I can only read Hiragana and Katakana not Kanji so this will take a bit...but it's worth it!
    Thank you!

(Also, to piggyback on this, is that the best way to raise affection? What are other ways?)

5. Homiedixon

Homiedixon Newbie Player

I just hit "Start" to skip past those post-show gifts. Even though it raises their affection MUCH slower, you can just spam gifts they'll like while you're at the main menu.

6. PinkoStickLuv

PinkoStickLuv Advanced Player

Playing Project Diva
    Do how many levels it is to get maxed out with them? And if anything happens when you level up with them?

7. Homiedixon

Homiedixon Newbie Player

I haven't maxed anyone yet, but Rin is level 5 right now, so its at least as high as the other project diva games.

Edit* I just powerleveled Meiko from level 1-3, to see how long it takes to level up. If you only give presents that the character LOVES, like anything with them on it, it takes 14 gifts to reach level 2. It then takes 18 to reach level 3, and unfortunately I dont have enough gifts to get her any higher without using gifts she'd only partially enjoy, which would ruin the tally

8. OkizakiTheOtaku

How do you know which ones they'll like? Is there documentation somewhere? Or is the same as F2nd?

Alrighty. That's probably what I'll do then. I'm not a fan of the surprise gifting mechanic.

9. Magical39

Magical39 Pro Player

That's where the language barrier in this game happens: The hints is written clearly but because of the elements it changes their way of speaking as well, which might be an issue if you are actually not at least able to read kanji. Because the most obvious hints is written in kanji.

Also while gifting someone with the right item, there is also a bonus or none depending if the correct item is also the vocaloid favorite item.

I strongly recommend to take notes while using something like a dictionary or lol Google translate to figure out each gifts you have to give.

10. OkizakiTheOtaku

But when they *don't* give a hint, and you can just give them from the main menu how do you know what they'll like?

11. PinkoStickLuv

Playing Project Diva
    How would you use google translate to figure out the kanji if you don't know what the kanji is? (I mean like what characters to type)

12. Homiedixon

Homiedixon Newbie Player

Its the same as the other Project Diva games, they'll enjoy items that have themselves on it. There are also some more clever items they'll enjoy, like Rin loving the Gingerbread House in F 2nd as a reference to "Sweet Magic".

Every character will have a different reaction based on their Module's attribute, but what they like never changes. Its probably easiest to tell if you have a Cute or Chaos Module on, usually with Cool and Beauty they're pretty mellow regardless of how much they hate or love your present.

13. GenKaidou

GenKaidou Intermediate Player

Would anyone be willing to post screenshots of the requests? I'd like to try and help figure them out. (I have the Chinese version, hence I am able to understand what they're asking for)

14. Almeria

Almeria アイサレタイ
    Staff Member Moderator

Studying Media Science at Södertörn University
    While I can read most of the text, I'm having problems figuring out what the Beauty modules want when they want something that defines "beauty". It's not helping that there are no pictures of the present items either so I can't figure out what some of the items are :P

15. GenKaidou

I think element affects their preferences as well? I gave Meiko the sketchbook once(forgot which module) and her friendship dropped. I'd like to think that I don't have to sacrifice my friendship with her just to get the sketchbook related events for her.

16. GenKaidou

You can press Triangle during the gift selection to preview the items :)

17. PinkoStickLuv

Playing Project Diva
    I thought Rin was the one who liked the sketchbook? Meiko likes it to?

18. OkizakiTheOtaku

I've done a very non-scientific test of gift items to see what they like when you do it from the main menu. Using the link here:
    https://projectdiva.wikispaces.com/DIVA+Room+(F+2nd)

I've deduced that most if not all items are the same. I'm planning on doing a more formal test.

19. Homiedixon

Homiedixon Newbie Player

As an update, level 6 is not the max they can reach. Its gonna take a long time before I get through that one, I just hope that they only go up to 7 Q.Q

20. OkizakiTheOtaku

I simply cannot understand these present requests. Meiko told me that she wanted something for her room to improve her singing practice, and I gave her the "Singing Lessons" book and her happiness went down? Seriously? By far this is the most confusing part of the game.