1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

General tip and Q/A thread?

Discussion in 'Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA X & Project DIVA X HD' started by OkizakiTheOtaku, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Homiedixon

Homiedixon Newbie Player

I almost never use "Rare Module Up", Whenever possible I would equip the highest level "New Module Up". The way I looked at it, whats the difference between a rare and a normal Module? If you dont have it, then you'll probably still be content to get it. Also, once you have a lot of the rare Modules, Rare Module Up becomes worse. It doesnt seem to affect whether or not you get NEW rares.

There are also very few Modules that are song-specific, if you dont count Event Quests I think there are only 5? (At least for Rin, Miku has A LOT of song-specifics).

I dont know if this is true or not, but it seemed like playing songs would drop Modules with that Attribute more often (like Beauty songs dropping more Beauty Modules).

honestly, I just set Rin as my lead unless I needed a specific skill to pass a challenge, and with how long it took to grind all areas to level 7 I was bound to get most of them.

2. tsumiki01124

tsumiki01124 Intermediate Player

Ok thank for your advice. New module up skill seems really op. It gave me my 6 missing Rin modules in 8 tries xD.

3. OkizakiTheOtaku

OkizakiTheOtaku Double Platinum Diva

What are some examples of some level 3 or 4 "New Module Up" modules?

4. PinkoStickLuv

PinkoStickLuv Advanced Player

Playing Project Diva
    The Wiki has a list of modules and their attributes

5. OkizakiTheOtaku

Ah. I'm not a smart person. Thank you.

6. Kaon

Kaon シュープリーム

Okay, so I have questions. I'm currently grinding/farming live quest songs for the Supreme module, which happens to be an old module and is considered "rare."
    Would I be better off using the NEW module up or RARE module up module to make it appear? Does the currently playing song type element have a better percentage of having it appear?

7. PinkoStickLuv

Playing Project Diva
    If you have a lot of Miku Modules(like a lot of Rares and regular modules) I would use New module because like someone said what's the difference between Rare and New if you don't have it and sometimes when you use a Module that gives you Rares you get the same Rares with New module you have a higher chance of getting a new module which if you have most of the Miku Modules than supreme should hopefully drop eventually. But if you don't have a lot of Rare modules than you could try to using A module that gives you Rares but I would recommend using a Module that gives you Rares on a song Miku doesn't sing so you won't get the Rare module from that song because Miku won't have one.

8. Kaon

Kaon シュープリーム

That sounds a lot more clear now. I've already obtained song-specific rare module drops, so I'll definitely using the NEW module up skill. Thanks for the quick reply, I appreciate the help! =) ほんとありがとう!

9. PinkoStickLuv

Playing Project Diva
    No problem glad I could help :)

10. OkizakiTheOtaku

Alright. I'm a bit confused. I think there's a correlation between other things besides what was mentioned above.

I've played "The Lost One's Weeping" and consistently I get the Tokyo Teddy Bear module. Those are both Neru songs. I dismissed that as coincidence until I started getting the module from the Hachi song in F2 a lot on Mrs. Pumpkin.

So, I'm theorizing that there is in fact more correlation. Can anyone help me with this?

11. dorothy3242

dorothy3242 Advanced Player

^ Yes there's probably a correlation such as songs related to the modules giving them higher chances of being dropped, but I got those in other songs originally before they started showing up in the songs you mentioned being related to them, so it's not like the rare modules where you have to play that specific song to unlock them.

I noticed that on X's website and in the wiki, there is only one marionette module listed? Its image is of that of what was previously marionette AS, the one without the mask.
    Is the marionette module with the mask not in PDX?
    I had unlocked the one without the mask, and if the one with the mask was removed I find that odd as with General and Bad Boy their AS modules were not included as you can just remove their masks in the accessories menu anyways, but with Marionette you can't just add the mask back on if it's never there...

12. Remiccino

Remiccino Big Debut

Yes, I can confirm that modules are much more likely to drop from a song that is from the same producer, some appear only in specific songs. I have encountered a few:
    - Scissors + Lost one's weeping
    - Summer Memory + Renai Saiban
    - Rasetsu to Mukuro + Chaos Medley ONLY
    - Sakura Moon, Rolling Girl, Agitation + Cool Medley (Unhappy Refrain, Tengaku - Agitation is exclusive)
    - Star Voice + Cute Medley ONLY (obviously)
    - Infinity + Ultimate Medley ONLY
    - Magician + Beginning Medley ONLY
    - Honey Whip + Beauty Medley ONLY
    - Yellow, Linkage, Pansy + Satisfaction

The ones with ONLY are confirmed as I could never get them until I played that specific song no matter how many times I used New Module Up.

13. dorothy3242

dorothy3242 Advanced Player

Several of the ones you mentioned, Sakura Moon, Agitation, Star Vocalist, Infinity, Magician, Honey, Whip, and Yellow are all rare modules that are absolutely tied to those songs- and listed on the wiki with those requirements.
    As for the rest I've seen them drop in other songs but there's definitely that connection.

Has anyone noticed a song that append miku is likely to drop in? It's one of the very few modules I have left but I can't seem to get it, just dupe after dupe after dupe even with New Module up. :/

14. GenKaidou

GenKaidou Intermediate Player

Would Supreme be more likely to drop in Tsumi no Namae then, since World is Mine and Tsumi are both produced by ryo? Having only 14~ left for Miku, I'm constantly getting dupes and it's frustrating. I've yet to see Miku Append drop either so I'm wondering if there's a special condition for that too. It seems likely they'll tag a condition to it seeing how it's more "special" than the song modules.

15. Remiccino

Remiccino Big Debut

I got Miku Append while playing the Special Live 3rd, it has high chance of dropping Rare Neutrals.

I got Supreme while playing the Beauty medley on Extreme, but I would agree that there should be that connection scripted in too.

16. GenKaidou

I played Tsumi no Namae so many times but didn't get Supreme. Ended up unlocking it in the special live with increased drop rate for rare Beauty modules instead.

17. Remiccino

Remiccino Big Debut

Just got Yellow while playing Ultimate Medley today, so it's not tied to Satisfaction.
    Seems like each medley has modules tied to it like the standard songs, but since their "true" modules are unlocked by doing event quests they decided to make the modules old ones that have some kind of connection instead.

And about Supreme, maybe it's just that it belongs to Beauty and therefore has next to no chance to drop on Tsumi no Namae.

On a side note, has anyone had 100% Room Items? Mine is stuck at 98% as of now and I have no clue how to unlock more.

18. chibakuroki

chibakuroki Intermediate Player

A SECOND YEAR HIGHSCHOOLER - UGH
    How do you know which Live has certain advantages?

I got Yellow from Satisfaction though... :/

Also im probably VERY late but i've just realized that other characters aside from Miku drop modules with elements orresponding to the song Area they're being used in :/

19. GenKaidou

The Live has a description telling you the rewards(fixed module, higher chance of an element), the conditions of the Live(Miku only/Module element restrictions).

Basically from the 3rd to 7th Live, it's increased drop rate of Rare modules for the elements in this order: Neutral > Cute > Cool > Beauty > Chaos. The 8th Live is increased drop rate for Ultimate (Rin/Len/Luka/Meiko/Kaito), I think you can get Miku's too, but you should already have it anyway.

20. Remiccino

Remiccino Big Debut

The line that says 報酬(reward) on the Event Quest selection screen. The person above has said it already, but I'm gonna add Japanese for your reference :)
    はじめてのスペシャルライブ (First Special Live) RARE確定/ネコミミ(トラ) (Guaranteed Rare/Cat Ears (tiger))
    最高のスペシャルライブを!(For a Amazing Special Live!) RARE確定/ネコしっぽ(トラ)(Guaranteed Rare/Cat Tail(tiger))
    スペシャルライブ!3rd!!(Special Live! 3rd) ニュートラルRARE高確率 (Neutral RARE high chance)
    スペシャルライブ!4th!! キュートRARE高確率/ネコひげ(Cute RARE high chance/Cat whiskers)
    スペシャルライブ!5th!! クールRARE高確率(Cool RARE high chance)
    スペシャルライブ!6th!! ビューティRARE高確率(Beauty RARE high chance)
    スペシャルライブ!7th!! カオスRARE高確率(Chaos RARE high chance)
    スペシャルライブ!8th!! アルティメット高確率(Ultimate high chance)
    I also got her from Satisfaction the first time, today I just played Ultimate again and she also dropped.
    Not the others , also Miku too, but since she has so many modules it is less likely.