1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

Game crashing when selecting Custom DLC Module

Discussion in 'Custom DLC' started by Akari, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Akari

Akari Big Debut

Hello! This is my first time using this forum so sorry if I make any mistakes...

Anyways, I was making a Custom Module just for fun and decided to test it
    Although, after selecting the module in game, the game just crashes without an error message or anything
    Can someone help me?

I also have uploaded the textures so you could test it, here's the link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/2txdyg5fwymgkmr/custom_dlc_that_crashes.rar/file

2. Project.Cuties

Project.Cuties Welcome to DIVA!

Does it load in? Or does it crash while trying to load in? If it crashes while trying to load it in, that means something is wrong with the module. Like if you used a head module for the body part, which doesn't work. You might also wanna check the textures before you export it, make sure that they're normal and not a glitchey mess. If this doesn't work, let me know!

3. Akari

Akari Big Debut

It crashes while trying to load in. I used Miku Default Head and Body. Althoug, when I rewrite the texture to export the .igb, the textures are all ok, but in the DLC data the textures are all glitched, what can I do to fix them?

4. Project.Cuties

Project.Cuties Welcome to DIVA!

So, when you make your texture, you have to run them through the programs that come in the AFS2EXT folder, then choose the nequant.dither ones of them, then choose them before exporting them! If you have no clue what Im on about, watch this video:

5. Akari

Akari Big Debut

Oh! I was selecting the wrong texture file. Thank you so much!!!

6. Akari

Akari Big Debut

#6 Akari, Jan 28, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
    Edit: Oh, nevermind, extracting the .CPK file again fixed it!
    So, I did the same thing, but with another module, and it didn't work. Any clues why?

7. Mariiwoopychan

Mariiwoopychan 16bit warz in my head rn,capanella makes me cry

Artist
    Home Page:
    https://twitter.com/Mari7uwu?t=wgufLepgIR8nPJqblFWjGg&s=09
    I have a question,I just had the same problem you did,out of 3 failed tries I've yet to make my Rin append work,(custom with miku's append).

What are the files or8 and fs8 when you convert from pngnqi's Neuquant?the tutorial wiki didn't specify really each one of those, and I did dyspnia's tutorial whereas instead of picking neuquant (which I chose),he chose neuquant.dither on each texture.
    That I chose after on my third try,and it crashed on me.

I hope anyone sees my message,thanks I just really need help ;-;

8. Wyrdgirn

Wyrdgirn I'm a faithful lover of Megurine Luka!! :-3

Improving my emulated emotions
    Home Page:
    https://github.com/Wyrdgirn
    #8 Wyrdgirn, Feb 11, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
    Changing textures in igb files (simple tutorial):

In this case I will assume that you already have 06_skin_body.igb and 07_skin_head.igb, I will use 07_skin_head.igb but this method works with any igb...

1 -> Open the igb file with the Alchemy Finalizer and in the "Optimizer Palette" box select "Externalize images", this will appear in the box "Optimizations to run", then click on "Run optimization", when finished press the save button, the igb will be smaller and the textures will appear next to it

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 -> Edit the images and quantize them using the pngquant for higher image quality (you can use the PNGoo which is a GUI that works very well with the PNGQuant)

Replace the images you extracted with the Alchemy with the ones you modified and quantized, they must have the same name as the original and be in the same folder as the igb...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 -> Open the igb again, select the "Externalize images" option again but this time right click on that option in the "Optimizations to run" box and select "Configure", then in the window that opens make sure that the first option says "No" and the second one says "Yes", Press OK and click on "Run Optimization" and finally press Save, the igb will again have a size a little larger than before...

You will see that the images will appear cloned in the folder, that does not matter, you can delete them all if you want, they are already inside the igb...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4 -> Finally, it only remains to pass one last optimization, it calls it "Convert images", right click and select "Configure", leave the options as I have placed them in the image, press OK and then in "Run Optimization", finally save the igb

Edit: This step is optional... Use it if you have problems loading the file in the game or if you just want to do it to prevent errors... Anyway I repeat; it's totally optional...

[​IMG]

5 -> Import your custom igb into the .EDAT and test the module in the game

Original:

[​IMG]

Modified:

[​IMG]

Cheers =D

9. Mariiwoopychan

Mariiwoopychan 16bit warz in my head rn,capanella makes me cry

Artist
    Home Page:
    https://twitter.com/Mari7uwu?t=wgufLepgIR8nPJqblFWjGg&s=09
    Ohh my gosh thank you so much!!☆

Wyrdgirn likes this.
  10. Wyrdgirn

Home Page:
    By the way... I made the images with the original game, I have a full disk and I only use the Spanish and English versions only in very specific cases, I would still recommend using the game in one of those languages, it would be much more. easy to try...

Oh, and remember that before testing the module you must use the "Import DLC" option in the Options menu, regardless of whether you have already imported it before, if you have modified the file it is advisable to import them again to avoid problems, do not use the saved states either of the emulator, they keep the old files in memory therefore it would cause problems if you try to use an edited module directly without importing it again...

I hope it works for you, it is the most effective method that I have been able to discover, if you need the Alchemy Finalizer you can find it in one of the 'Spring Onion' Hachune post here on projectdiva.net, the PNGoo I can pass you the one I have if you want ;D

11. Wyrdgirn

Home Page:
    Oh, and remember to press the save button (the floppy button on the top left), that is important or the changes will not be saved in the igb and if you delete one of the files without saving the igb first, you would have to start over...