1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

f/F Edit Songs Guide [In progress]

Discussion in 'Tutorial Area - By users for users!' started by kaiki, Apr 8, 2013.

1. kaiki

kaiki Sweet-Tooth Gamer

Lab assistant
    Before I start, I need to say a few things before this Guide i'm trying to make gets haywire. @_@
    1. I'm not Japanese Native, therefore mistakes are there, be it minor or major. Just either PM me or email me with title "Project Diva f guide" at [email protected] to correct my mistakes so i can sort it out asap.
    2. My english isn't good, so weird grammars will be here and there, sorry. ^^;
    3. [In Progress] means it's not yet done. Be patient because i've my own life to go on too (beside also making my first Diva Edit) [FAILURE, DATA SPOILT |||orz]
    4. Spoilers around are just my hiding note for Old PjD edit users. I try to make a simple comparision besides the difference of having a trio or a duet. Pictures may not be around because it's too much hassle XD
    actual reason: I don't know how to made a HQ screenshot except using my cheap handphone and take the picture and edit out the unneeded parts. *sweatdrop*

Because this is my first guide, so please be kind ^^; Hope that it helps everyone who's trying to do a edit.

Edited-10 Apr (This line is for you to know what changes i've done recently): Add ToC, and 90% complete of the Setup.
    Edited-16 Apr: Add a few more details to initial Setup, in slow progess on doing the pictures for Markers and motion
    Edited - 9 May: Sorry for taking so long.....because i mixed up my pictures with other games screen shot..... And also it's wasn't a major update except adding a credit note and slight changes from mistakes i found out myself.....
    ~.~.~.~

Table of contents
    01. Initial Setup (99% done)
    02. Edit Customize menu [40-60% complete]
    -------a. Test Playing & PV watch
    -------b. Timeline display
    -------c. Module & SE Setting
    -------d. Score data Import. *new in f/F*
    -------e. Edit Lock setting (Internet communication) *new in f/F*
    -------f. Insert song information.
    03. Markers (TBD)
    04. Modules & motion (TBD)
    05. Scenes and effects (TBD)
    06. Play beats, Chance and Technial mode (TBD)

Credits: Suyo (for an already done a how-to-upload-edit-data-online. XD" I took the link and it would be good if i credit her for this.)

/*/*/*/*

01. Initial Setup

[​IMG]
    This is the main menu you will always see when you enter the game. Choose "Edit" to start your first edit game, or to continue where you left off.

[​IMG]
    This is the main menu of the edit game. I add the translation beside it so anyone who wasn't good at japs can understand better. =)

At the most bottom part of the selection is a short tutorial taught by Hachune:
    [​IMG]

Well, good for anyone who can understand from this short tutorial, but that isn't the reason i'm making this guide (if it is, I'm just wasting my time here. <.<")
    And let's begin the actual work, shall we?
    [​IMG]
    Choose the Red Arrow to begin our very first Edit.

For the veterans who had done edits in Project Diva - PjD Extend, this is something most familiar to you. If not, please continue.

[​IMG]

Choose a song! If you don't do that then why the hell you are doing a edit???
    XD" ok, just joking a bit... but you need to choose a song to move on. Whether from the PV songs you have unlock through playing or your very own MP3 songs is sincerely up for your own choice.

Next would be the most brain cracking part... which i'm usually skipped that when i'm doing a edit. The BPM.... <.<"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Well, I tried my best on translating that.... Anyway it's important only when you are working on the beats. For people who are working a video you can just skip this step by press "決定(confirm)".

Phew.... finally something easy. And also one of my favourite time....Choose your scene!
    [​IMG]
    This is just for your start up scene for where you want your character to be. Like you want to start at a blank scene or a flowery area, remember that Triangle button is your friend here!
    Note: If you, for some reasons, want to choose the illuslations pictures from the loading picture as part of your PV scene, just a gentle remainder that some will not be there unless you unlock 100% of the loading scene. How to unlock them is completely random. (I spent 80hour gameplay time to fully unlock the pictures....)

[​IMG]
    This is how it looks like when you do a bit of scene rotating during preview by using the L Analog.

Because it's a inital scene for Start up, you can still change it again once you enter into the edit mode. Now onward to the next and last step, Module selection! \(^^)/

[​IMG]
    Now this is the last step for the INITIAL SET UP. By default it is Miku in orignal module. You can choose the actual module you need by selecting モジュール設定.

[​IMG]
    Grey out wordings means it can't be choose/use, yet. Don't worry about it because.... Edit 3 only useable after you had chose your Edit 2. Simple, right? ;)
    And also take note that you can ONLY choose the modules you have unlock and bought from the shop, or purchased DLC modules.

Let's say you want Miku's Ribbon Girl Module, and it happens you've yet to unlock this module. Thus the option for Ribbon Girl will not be showing for you to choose(since you can't buy from shop if you didn't unlock it). Or you have unlock Sakine Meiko, but for some reason you didn't purchase it from Diva shop. End result: You can't choose Sakine Meiko in Module selection. Same goes to the DLC. If you didn't buy for Teto, how do you want to use it? =P

After done selecting your choice of module, press X button to go back to previous menu and select エディット開始. Time to begin!

For old PjD user, you will notice a major change from Project Diva (1, 2nd/2nd# and/or Extend) to Project Diva F/f is the squeance and a few skips, namely:-
    Step 1: choose your song
    Step 2: Choose the tempo & BPM
    Step 3: Choose your Module (A & B)
    Step 4-5: Montion of your module & Items for your modules
    Step 6: Scenes
    Step 7-8: Scene adding effect & Button sound

So with the skip of Step 4, 5, 7and 8, the choice making becomes more simple and cleaner. But they are still around, don’t worry. It’s just that they are not in the initial setup anymore.

[​IMG]
    (bear with me for this picture, i might change for a brighter and better one next time)
    So after a short (or long) loading screen, you will end up here. Don't be so haste to start yet, because there is some important thing for you to know.

Press Start button to bring up the Edit Customize Option.

You will see something like this.
    [​IMG]
    Take sometime to read them because you might find yourself visiting here often. Below is the short Translation i've done for the menu:

テストプレイ: Test Playing.
    鑑賞: PV Preview
    タイムライン表示選択: Timeline display. More details will be added later.
    モジュール設定: Module Setting. For whatever reasons you need to change the module here's the option for you.
    SE設定: SE setting. Use to set button sound
    譜面データのインポート: Score data Import. *new*
    編集ロック設定(インターネット通信用): Edit Lock setting (Internet communication) *new*
    楽曲情報入: Insert song information.
    セーブ : Save. Your ulitmate most important friend for your edits.
    エディット終了: End of Edit. To Exit the Edit mode you are currently in.

//End of Inital Setup
    [to be continue]

2. kaiki

kaiki Sweet-Tooth Gamer

Lab assistant
    (Decided to put this under reply so less messy when i need to do edits/addons.... sorry for been double/more posting for this.....Please tell me if it's not allowed....)

02. Edit Customize menu

It occurs to me recently that i need to put this under a new section due to the amount i need to cover. XD"

[​IMG]

Well, this section just cover a general guide for this Customize menu. Sorry for not doing much on this except random picture guides....

a. Test Playing & PV watch

[​IMG]
    Let's have a short japanese lesson! *laughs* This is consider the common term you will see besides セーブ (Save).

b. Timeline display

[​IMG]

This selection is about which Timeline data (see section 03-06 for details) that you want to hide. Nothing much to be teach except pushing <-/-> buttons to On or Off the visiblity of the TimeLine you need, and ^/v for timeline selections. This is helpful when you don't want to made accidentally changes or shorten the timeline display.

c. Module Setting

[​IMG]
    Nothing much to say on this part (unless i've sudden inspiration on certain parts and i think you might want to know), let's move on.....

d. Score data Import. *new in f/F*

(Sorry for the Lack of picture at the moment)

譜面データのインポート, or Score data Import, is consider the most wonderful function to me (at least). For people who lack of knowledge on how to make the score beats (correct me if I wrong, 'cos till date i've no idea what's call actually. =P").

Let's see.... for exmaple (using vocaloid names *shot*) Miku is great in making the beats, but not so good in making PVs, but her dear friend Gumi is good video editor but not so good in tempos. So in collabation Miku upload the Beat tempos only PV to the internet, and Gumi just need to download and save a copy of it, make a video and then select this option after that and Ta-ta! A good PV with play beats is done.

To lengthen the explainations, it's that Gumi select this option, which will brings up a data loading screen (pictures to be come), and find Miku's beat-only data and say yes for that selection. It will take some time to merge, but once the merge is done, you will have a completed PV with play-beats for new gaming time!

Also, if you want to know how to upload the data, check this link:
    viewtopic.php?f=29&t=395
    Credits: Suyo
    It shows you how to upload online step-by-step, and it's nicely done too! (saves my time from researching it ^^;)

e. Edit Lock setting (Internet communication) *new in f/F*

[​IMG]
    This one is what you will see when you selected 編集ロック設定. For people who only allows a certain group of friend to edit their PVs and didn't want random people to touch the inside content, you might want to consider to use this function before you upload you PV through internet. It's a password setting of your work.

f. Insert song information

Have you ever imagine that one day, if you have this sudden urge to make multiple PVs in one go and happen to made many saves, how you do know which PV you've made is belongs to which save files? By Song Names of course!

[​IMG]

This is the short translation guide for the sub menu. Nothing much to say except when you try the first 4 selections for information entering you will end up here:
    [​IMG]
    Just an extra note that if you wonder if you are entering Japanese or English characters just check which characters was light up in green before you enter. In the exmaple picture the hiragana (the non-alphantic looking words) is light up in green, therefore the characters you are inputing are going to be in japs. =)

// End of Edit Customize menu
    (TO BE CONTINUE)

3. Rainbow

Rainbow Intermediate Player

This hasn't been updated in a while. Figured I'd share these for those who are still playing the JP version and need help.

Main Menu
    [​IMG]
    BPM Setup
    [​IMG]
    Stages (Picture stages not included, though those only go by "Image #" anyway)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    In-game tutorial (edit mode itself)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    In-game tutorial (Edit mode options)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Timeline
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Edit mode options/details
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Edit mode options (pop ups)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Character customization options
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Might post other stuff, like dance names and other detailed stuff tomorrow.