1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

E3 Predictions

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Zac Wood, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Zac Wood

Zac Wood Staff/Fortune Teller/Lucky Guesser/Spam Buster
    Staff Member Moderator

Family buisness, a Family matter.
    #1 Zac Wood, Jun 1, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
    I just realized that E3 2019 is less than 2 weeks from now; so in that spirited tradition; here’s a thread dedicated to all the E3 predictions:

Starting off with my 20 [Mostly Nintendo] predictions out of no particular order:

* “Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA (tentative)” reveal for 2020 (Switch)
    “Of course I have to give room for a announcement for a new game to celebrate the series 10th anniversary, based on those rumors. All that aside, I am still firm on it being Switch-Exclusive, let alone Nintendo published, with Nintendo-themed content, with special Nenderoid-amiibo Hybrid figures, with single system multiplayer, and a alternate chart style that is made around single Joy-Con use. Switch is already outsold the PS4 in Japan, so it’s that hot. Finally; that cross-play vision for the series will finally be realized. You know THAT thread. (Miku singing Super Mario Odyssey’s’“Jump Up Super Star!” or Super Smash Bros. Ultimate’s “Lifelight” will definitely make somebody’s day)

* Mario & Luigi: ??? reveal for 2020 (Switch)
    “Mario & Luigi is a series of AlphaDream-developed RPGs that are what their names implied: “a series of RPGs whose exploration and combat system is based on both Bros.” , from Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga on Game Boy Advance: each entry has always done something different, that I can go all day about each of the 5 original games’ concepts. Why I bring it up, I just have this feeling.”

* Paper Mario: ??? reveal for 2020 (Switch)
    “Paper Mario isn’t as consistent a RPG series, but it’s a very well celebrated one: After the controversial Paper Mario: Sticker Star, and Paper Mario: Color Splash, Intelligent Systems teased that they were doing something completely new in a future entry, inspite of those like Arlo that wanted more of the original, and more so of its sequel “The Thousand Year Door”. If the Mario & Luigi thing dosen’t show up here; its more or so this.”

* “Mario & Sonic at the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games” cinematic trailer/release date reveal (Switch)
    “I need no explanation for the Mario & Sonic series: This better make up for the PuyongChang Olympics (aka the one that never existed due to the disappointment that was S.T.E.E.P.)”

* ‘Retro Studios‘ ‘mystery I.P./game’ teaser (Switch)
    “Considering well before they were now in charge of Metroid Prime 4 after it restarted development, there were speculation that a either a game featuring a all-new I.P. or a all new game in general was in the works; either an all new game in the horror-genre, a all-new Donkey Kong Country game with the return of King K. Rool (outside of Smash Bros.) and his minions, or a new F-Zero game, (simply one of Nintendo’s overhyped franchises beyond Animal Crossing) or rather a F-Zero-esque (no pun intended) racing game in the Star Fox Universe christened “Star Fox Grand Prix”.

* “Astral Chain” Story Trailer (Switch)
    “Bayonetta 3 isn’t the only PlatinumGames project slated for 2019, heck it’s well on it’s way out on 8/30, not much to say here.”

* “Town” Trailer (Switch)
    “It’s a game Game Freak had announced since September, and like BeatEmUps’ Wood Hawker; calling it simply “Town” is definitely a great name.”

* “NiGHTS VR Experience” reveal (Labo VR/PSVR/Oculus)
    “Honestly an Idea of mine from 3 years ago that was mostly a response to Star Fox Zero’s odd gameplay concept, only with the SEGA Saturn classic. Now with the success of VR like that of Oculus and PSVR, Space Channel 5 being adapted to VR, Nintendo’s latest cardboard construction kit, and ‘Spice & Wolf’ being recently announced for Switch on top of that, It’s too perfect of a concept. Points if they made the Toy-Con Bird and Toy-Con Wind Pedal work in tandem or separately.”

* “Samba De Amigo” reveal (Switch)
    “André Segers of GameXplain got this one on the nose with this one well before the Switch actually came out. The creator of the series; one Shun Nakamura actually expressed his enthusiasm just months later after seeing the Joy-Con in action for that 1st Time.”

* “The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening” release date reveal (Switch)
    “Gaming Historian just released a video about this handheld classic, not much to say here.”

* “Bayonetta 3” premise reveal/release date trailer (Switch)
    “Less explanation, more speculation: I see a male protagonist taking place of the titular heroine after a tragic defeat, the end, maybe delayed into 2020. Why a male protagonist? The people themselves had expressed their interest before.”

* “Mario Golf for Nintendo Switch” reveal for 2020 (Switch)
    “We have Mario Tennis Aces already, so where’s are shiny new Mario Golf game?”

* “Five Nights at Freddy’s VR: Help Wanted” Switch reveal announcement (Labo VR)
    “Ah FNaF, the series that most Game Theorists won’t shut up about. I know this game in particular just came out; but it’s only a matter of time before people go crazy with a Switch port, more so with Labo VR. Especially if they made fun of the Toy-Con VR Goggles as a “Freddy Fazbear VR mask”.

* “Luigi’s Mansion 3” Story/release date trailer (Switch)
    “The game is something I am gonna look forward to, and how the story goes with this one is still a mystery, when to play it is an even bigger one still.”

* “Metroid Prime Trilogy” reveal (Switch)”
    “Lot of people are bringing this up more often since the aforementioned ‘Metroid Prime 4’ was restarted with Retro Studios at the wheel, and well before that since the GAME awards. If you ask me my certainty is really low, unlike others had been certain about it as if it’s a prophecy yet to come for-told in the Bible.”

* ”Animal Crossing” name/premise reveal trailer (Switch)
    “I may not care, but it’s not gonna be amiibo Festival, that’s for certain...”

* Super Nintendo Entertainment System - Nintendo Switch Online”/“Super Famicom - Nintendo Switch Online” reveal, if not surprise release (Switch)
    “Since people are already fed up with the 42 and counting NES games free with their Nintendo Switch Online Memberships, and since data-mining has pointed to a app in the works. I think it’s as good as revealed at the Treehouse show after the Nintendo Direct. 20 Games at launch like with the NES app, these include ‘Super Mario World’, ‘F-Zero’, ‘Donkey Kong Country’, ‘Star Fox’, ‘Yoshi’s Island: Super Mario World 2’, ‘Stunt Race FX’, ‘Super Soccer’, ‘Pop’n Twinbee’, ‘Pilotwings’, ‘Super Ghouls N’ Ghosts’, ‘Super Mario Kart’, ‘Demon’s Crest’, ‘Kirby’s Dream Land 3’, ‘The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past’, ‘Kirby’s Dream Course’, ‘Contra III: The Alien Wars’, ‘Super Metroid’, ‘Super Mario All-Stars’, ‘Star Fox 2’, and ‘EarthBound’’. In addition new Left and Right SNES controllers similar in fashion to the NES ones from before will become available for purchase only to NSO members for $59.99 as well.”

* “Nintendo Enertainment System - Nintendo Switch Online/ Family Computer - Nintendo Switch Online” June Lineup reveal (Switch)
    “All I can think of is ‘Earthbound Beginnings’, ‘Renegade’, and ‘Donkey Kong 3’, primarily ‘EarthBound Beginnings’”.

* “Witcher III: The Hunt - Definitive Edition” reveal (Switch)
    “Witcher III rumors had been going around lately, so...”

* Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Challenger Pack #2 reveal (Switch)
    “No Cuphead, no Dragon Quest representative, no DOOM guy, no Crash Bandicoot, no Waluigi (why?), no Banjo-Kazooie, no Minecraft Steve, & GOKU GO AWAY! My pick would be Athena Asamiya, representing SNK’s older arcade games such as 1985 arcade hit ‘Athena’, 1986’s ‘Psycho Soldier’, pseudo-sequel, and being better known from the Psycho Solider Team from ‘The King of Fighters’ franchise. Sie Kensu could also be Athena’s perfect Echo Fighter much like Ken to Ryu, as he too was a Player 2 spot in the aforementioned ‘Psycho Solider’ with abilities similar to Athena. I’ll be here all day if I need to explain their movesets, a stage tying this together, Spirits and music.”

I know This is a lot, but that’s dedication for you to details right there. If You have other predictions in the E3 spirit; Non-Nintendo (or ‘Nontendo’) or otherwise, please by all means; reply. (No PlayStation predictions because, in case you don’t know; they aren’t attending E3 anymore)