1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

Could I pleeease have some help?

Discussion in 'Project DIVA Extend & Dreamy Theater Extend' started by HolyAwesomeStitches, Jun 7, 2013.

1. HolyAwesomeStitches

HolyAwesomeStitches Welcome to DIVA!

Home Page:
    http://www.yumi355.deviantart.com/
    So, I wasn't sure if Project DIVA Dreamy Theater(and 2nd and Extend) were strictly for PS3 use only or if they could possibly be played on a PSP

If someone could please answer, that would be lovely since I would love to be able to download it onto my PSP, but I just want to make sure that it's possible first before I go internet searching since it can be rather crazy out there in the world of the internet~ ^^;

If possible, you could also let me know on my DeviantARThttp://yumi355.deviantart.com/

~Thanks

2. Darksidehearts

Darksidehearts A calm state of mind is proof of skill and mastery
    Staff Member

Assistant Psychology Prof. at USF
    First off, welcome to the forum! Second, the Dreamy Theater series of games are exclusive to the Playstation 3. You can however play the Project Diva games on the PSP in their exclusive versions, just look for some of them on online shops

Here is where I bought my copy of 2nd: http://www.estarland.com/PSP.product.37707.html
    I'm sure you can find it cheaper elsewhere but that was the only shop I knew of before I found this forum.

Incidentally that's my online resource for Dreamcast games and accessories ^o^/

3. Japes

Japes Advanced Player

If you live in the states, you can often find them (The DIVA games, not Dreamy Theater) on Amazon (and they usually qualify for free shipping, too!).

I bought my copy of 2nd directly from Amazon (didn't even have to import it myself) for $60, and it was the limited edition that came with a wallet, cleaning cloth, pair of headphones, etc.

4. Daverost

Daverost Pro Player

Well you won't have a problem there. The Dreamy Theater games require you to own the PSP games before you can even play them. They won't function without connecting to the PSP game (at least once for 2nd and Extend, every time for DT1).

Don't buy Dreamy Theater 1, though. Dreamy Theater 2 has every song from Dreamy Theater 1 in it. And if you're buying DT2, I wouldn't buy the first game on PSP either, unless you just really, really want the one song that couldn't make it to the Dreamy Theaters. I personally bought DT2 in place of PJD1 since they were roughly the same cost.

5. HolyAwesomeStitches

HolyAwesomeStitches Welcome to DIVA!

Home Page:
    http://www.yumi355.deviantart.com/
    Thank you so much and would anyone happen to know if [for PD 2nd & Extend] if it is possible to have a character besides the default sing?

[I already downloaded PD 2nd and Extend onto my PSP]

6. Darksidehearts

Staff Member

....Hmm...I'm hoping that you mean that you bought the official UMD and ripped it to your PSP to play those games...

To answer your question: You can swap out the modules and play with someone besides Miku, when you are at the stage selection screen just press the triangle button and it will bring you to a menu where you can pick whichever one you would like.

7. scarf

scarf Intermediate Player

Every song has a set character voice that cannot be changed. When you change characters, the singing voice cannot change to that character.

I'm also hoping you bought the official game! >.<

8. OveReAction

OveReAction Global Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

But for Dreamy Theater 2nd, Inochi No Uta and Kouya to Mori to Mahou No Uta have Miku, Rin and Len versions into one, and picking either of them has their voice changed. (The rest will be in Miku's voice.)

9. chaoelite

chaoelite I'll make you do the MikuMiku!

all the diva games are on psn so they probably meant they bought off psn and downloaded you don't have to own a umd for digital copy. My vita would be useless w/o them ^^

10. Darksidehearts

Staff Member

Huh, that's true. Didn't think of that.