1. Hello Guest! Did you know that we're also on Discord? You can join us here: https://discord.gg/vxqdaG4.
    Dismiss Notice

Important Changing an Edit Play title even if password locked

Discussion in 'Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA ƒ & Project DIVA F' started by Kyberal, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Kyberal

Kyberal Technical Advisor
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator

System Administrator
    #1 Kyberal, Feb 11, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
    Hello! If you already don't know you can actually convert the edit datas from the JP version to the US/EU version (viewtopic.php?f=29&t=848).

Maybe you have a lot of edits like me and it's complicated for you to match the edit with the MP3 to play it because of the kanji characters.
    At first I started to change the edit's titles from the game editor but then I found out some of them are password locked by the author...
    So I found a way around using the same tool provided at SonicDX's tutorial for the region conversion (http://t.co/tyhPKm9rT5).

First you need to do follow SonicDX's tutorial until the part where you need to configure the Bruteforcer and load the PARAM.SFO.

[​IMG]

Here I'm going to change Pomp and Circumstance title.
    Of course first you need the savegames, then locate it with the Bruteforce Save Data tool.
    I put mines at "D:\Users\Jota\Desktop\SAVEDATA\".

[​IMG]

To find out what edit you want to change you just need to check the savegame for the Edit Data number in your PS3.
    As you can see here Pomp and Circumstance shows as Edit Data12

[​IMG]

In the tool it will show as NPUB31241_EDIT11, it will always be one less number.

[​IMG]

Click it once and then double click PARAM.SFO in the bottom left corner, the following window will display.

[​IMG]

Sub-Title box is the title to be displayed in the save-game and also IN-GAME. So yeah... We want to change this.
    I'm going to change it to Pomp and Circumstance.

[​IMG]

Click save, then save again and replace the file.

[​IMG]

Now you have to rebuild the savegame as shown in here.

[​IMG]

Click yes and now you are almost done! Just put the savegame into a USB to import it back to your PS3 and it will prompt you to overwrite another savegame, it will actually overwrite the same one but with the old title.
    Just say yes for any warning about being others savegame.

[​IMG]

Now it will display in-game with the translated title!

[​IMG]

And well... For your MP3s just rename the file.

Time to organize all your edit plays!

2. MikuHatsune

MikuHatsune ProjectDIVA.Wiki Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

Home Page:
    http://projectdiva.wikispaces.com
    Nice guide! /Sticky