1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

Archived (Bad) changes to the Wiki

Discussion in 'Archive' started by MikuHatsune, Jul 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikuHatsune

MikuHatsune ProjectDIVA.Wiki Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Home Page:
    https://www.projectdiva.wiki
    UPDATE! Dear Wiki-Users!
    UPDATE: We got a message by the wikispaces support.
    The 5 members restriction was a mistake and is now fixed. The restriction is only for PRIVATE Basic Wikis, not for PUBLIC and PROTECTED Basic Wikis.
    Since our wiki is now verified again, our wiki will stay public instead of getting private.
    So here are the new changes you'll have to expect:

- The localized Wikis will stay online, won't need an upgrade and will be able to have more than 5 members again. If you lost your membership because of the mistake by wikispaces, please join again!
    - The event page "ProjectDIVACommunity" was already deleted and can't get recovered. That's sad but we can't change it.
    - The planned wiki "7thDragon" which was also already deleted is also lost. Sorry about that, the project is canceled.
    - The BRStheGame Wiki will keep the free 30days Plus-Subscription. Afterwards it will turn back to a Basic-Wiki again as long we won't get forced to upgrade it for sure.
    - The ProjectDIVA Wiki will keep the Plus-Subscription. It's just 5$ per month for this wiki, that's peanuts. I'm happy we don't get forced to keep it but I'll leave it like that and we'll be able to access some new features now.
    - ProjectDIVA.NET will get a new style soon and Suyo's already working for some new features.
    Sorry about the confusion, blame it on Wikispaces and their bugged changes.
    For now, our wiki network is safe.

--MikuHatsune

View the original post in the spoiler:
    Dear Wiki-Users!
    Due to a bad change on wikispaces we have to upgrade our wiki to a "Plus"-Subscription otherwise we won't be able to have more than 5 wiki members anymore.
    The subscription will cost 5$ per month for me (MikuHatsune) and I'd have to do this for every wiki.
    Unfortunately I can't pay 45$ per month for 9 wikis so here's the bad message for you:

- The localized wikis "ProjectDIVADE" "ProjectDIVAFR" "ProjectDIVAIT" and "ProjectDIVAES" won't get an upgrade and will get closed for new members. Only maximum four people will be able to join at the same time to work as staff for translations. Most of existing members of those wikis will lose their membership.
    - The event page "ProjectDIVACommunity" is also affected and is already deleted.
    - The planned wiki "7thDragon" which was about to release for the PSP game "7th Dragon 2020" is canceled and deleted.

Now the good part of the story:
    - The wikis "ProjectDIVA" and "BRStheGame" will stay online and get the "Plus"-Subscription. The upgrade is already done, the first 30days are free.
    - The anniversary wiki "ProjectDIVAClassic" will also stay online and won't get an upgrade. It will keep the free "Basic"-Subscription. That doesn't matter because it's not possible to join the wiki anyways.
    - The forum "ProjectDIVA.NET" stays online no matter what will happen to Wikispaces. It's on Suyo's own private server.
    - The forums have a localized subforum now where you can talk in the language of your choice.
    - A nice side effect of the "Plus"-Subscription: We'll be able to build our own CSS Wiki Style now. Also we are now able to upload files up to 20MB per file instead of 10MB.

I hope you can understand the steps I'll have to do.
    Thank you for your support for the last five years and I'll promise we won't give up this wiki.
    The subscriptions for the two wikis are a free service by me for you and like the "ProjectDIVA.NET"-URL it will be paid with the money we get by Google AdSense on YouTube from our channel "ProjectDIVAOST".

--MikuHatsune

2. Sonic-san

Sonic-san Newbie Player

Videos Games~~
    Too bad for the Wikis of the others languages :/
    Gambatte MikuHatsune !

3. MikuHatsune

Home Page:
    I'm not proud of this decision but I really can't affort the money for all the wikis to pay them every month. It's too much for my small income. even with the money of google adsense (about 10$ per month) it won't be enough to pay them all. i have to pay the projectdiva.net url for ~12$ every year + 2 wikis now for 5$ each per month

EDIT: Due to a request of a member to keep the italian wiki up, here's a change:

- The localized wikis "ProjectDIVADE" "ProjectDIVAFR" "ProjectDIVAIT" and "ProjectDIVAES" won't get an upgrade and will get closed for new members. Only maximum four people will be able to join at the same time to work as staff for translations. Most of existing members of those wikis will lose their membership.

4. MikuHatsune

Home Page:
    Ok we got a reply by the wikispaces support and I'm really angry on them because of they made mistakes.

See more info in the first post!

5. Potatofriez

Potatofriez The Odds & Ends keeps a smiling face.

Student
    Geez, you miss one day and EVERYTHING BAD HAPPENS.

6. MikuHatsune

Home Page:
    oh well most of the changes are already fixed by the wikispaces support. but the wikis "7thDragon" and "ProjectDIVACommunity" are lost and people need to rejoin the localized wikis if they lost their membership.
    the only big change to the Project DIVA Wiki itself is now: we have new features because of the Plus-Subscription.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.