1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

Anything you don't like about F2 so far?

Discussion in 'Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F 2nd' started by Dyspnia, Apr 4, 2014.

1. 876

876 Welcome to DIVA!

Home Page:
    http://whenwhywhere.livejournal.com/
    [ ] The lack of Meiko songs. :(
    [ ] The fact that survival's not in the challenge item list and it's my favorite challenge item from f.

Mehh, I'm good with everything else.

2. Nepgear

Nepgear Night ★ Fever

Home Page:
    http://azureunbalance.tumblr.com
    It's technically still there, it's just been absorbed by Perfectionist/Cool Master. ;u;

3. christenlanger

christenlanger Intermediate Player

Now if a real survival challenge item is combined with Cool Master. that would really be hellish.

4. Potatofriez

Potatofriez The Odds & Ends keeps a smiling face.

Student
    Okay, now that it's been about a month since I last posted about things I don't like, I'm going to add more things to the list of things I didn't like. I feel like I'm griping too much, I love the game just as much as the rest of us, just... Wow.

First off, I said this last time, but the goddamn unlock system. Sure, just play each song about 8 times AT LEAST to get 3,900,000+ points. The goddamn 39 cool/fine/safe/sad/or worst in Shite Ageru was incredibly annoying, I had originally tried it on Extreme and just forcing myself to get fines and time and time again I got 38 fines and 40 fines. It would have been easier to get 0 fines than 39. Also, everything about Kagerou Days except the PV. Play the song 5 TIMES IN A ROW, play a 4 minute song 5 times in a row with no break. Also, 8 million points?! Seriously?!

Also, some of the Extreme charts seem borderline impossible. And by some I mean Rasetsu to Mukuro. The hardest song in the game and it's an 8.5. And there are certain charts that are just... not good. *cough* KAGEROU DAYS *cough* Not to mention there isn't a single Len song I like in the game's roster this time around.

I think i've complained enough for now, I think I'm putting the game down too much...

5. Wreather

Wreather Advanced Player

Yeah, seriously. I just stopped playing and I had to replay erase or zero and Double Lariat soooo manyyyyy timessssss to unlock the point score thing. I STILL haven't unlocked the one for Double Lariat yet! It just makes me not want to touch those songs ever again even though I do like them.

Also, Karakuri Pierrot's chart is... really weird. On every difficulty I've tried (Normal, Hard, Extreme). I love the song and PV but the chart makes me not wanna play it. Also I don't like how much of the song they cut out, but I guess it was necessary.

And the last part of Rakshasa & Carcasses and Gekishou seem impossible to do on Hard.

6. Dyspnia

Dyspnia Retired cDLC Creator

University Student
    Not to nitpick at your thoughts but why not try getting 39 worsts instead of fines? And why play the song over and over and over when you could just play whatever songs you like, occasionally coming back to it, and eventually you'll unlock the item (which I'm assuming is how it's supposed to work).

I wouldn't say it's the hardest song in the game, it's more of just player skill that determines what you can do and what you can't in the game. And what's wrong with Kagerou's note chart? xD How is it "not good" ELABORATION MAN!

It's just it's melody. A good method I use is to use the right buttons (O,X, etc) on every note but the ones that overlap, then you use both sets (L,U,Sq,Tr, etc). That's how I got Excellent on Extreme

Good luck on Extreme... my fingers always hurt after those

7. Kaon

Kaon シュープリーム

I would like to see that.

Start with full life, and hitting a certain amount of fine/safe notes will deplete your survival gauge and no recovery from Cools. 50% of the entire notes would seem fair, but... I guess that's too easy, so... 33% of the entire notes with fine/safe will fully deplete the gauge?! *laughs*

8. OveReAction

OveReAction Global Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I aced the Hold, Release coz I just discovered the trick that makes that stream a piece of cake.

9. Wreather

Wreather Advanced Player

I was doing the thing where I would play the songs that needed score thing one at a time so I wouldn't get sick of any songs, but then everything got unlocked except erase or zero and Double Lariat. The reason I don't just play any song I'd actually like to play then come back is because I tend to do things in a specific order. Unlock everything, make any Standards or Greats I have on Normal/Hard turn into Excellent or Perfect, then play the game normally. It's just a weird order system I have to do.

I know it's the melody but it's still weird. This is coming from someone who memorized everything about the song, including lyrics, way before it was announced for PDF2nd. Usually with songs I know by heart I do really well, but I've gotten Great on all three difficulties. It just takes some practice so I'm sure it'll be okay eventually, but the note chart just makes me not wanna practice. Also I play with only my right hand... (except for double arrow notes of course) It's really hard for me to use both hands for seperate notes.

Oh God no I've seen Rakshasa on Extreme and I am NOT dealing with that... I only play on Extreme when I feel like switching it up so I fail most songs, especially because they require two hands. Though I did get Perfect on Extreme Packaged my first try but that's because it's pretty easy.

10. chibakuroki

chibakuroki Intermediate Player

A SECOND YEAR HIGHSCHOOLER - UGH
    Packaged's Extreme doesn't qualify to be... extreme ._.

And i also noticed that you now can't spam the same gift items or else the Vocaloids will get mad ._. talk about picky

11. Dyspnia

University Student
    I don't know what their problem is. If I got tons of presents, I'd love the giver forever. BRING ON THE SUSHI, TEDDY BEARS, AND USELESS SHELF ITEMS!

12. Djaga

Djaga Intermediate Player

Physics teacher / Geophysics university student
    I agree that =_=

13. donosean

donosean Platinum Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I haven't been in the Diva rooms much but I don't like how they limit your interaction with the vocaloids.. It just makes getting the platinum that much harder.
    And the extreme charts are fun but to get the perfect sometimes it feels like I'm relying on luck due to some stupid patterns. The main example is 結んで開いて羅刹と骸.. An 8.5 gave me more trouble than both 10s together. Maybe it's just because I didn't know the charts that well or didn't have the muscle memory ready like for most of F's charts, which I've played 20+ times each, but the charts are definitely all a different 'style' from F, if that makes sense.

14. Djaga

You have to learn to do jacks following (insert another button) continuously. It isn't a simple task because of pad controller ergonomy (for bemani/stepmania players like me it's a pain of a ass).

15. Dyspnia

University Student
    Ya know, it'd be nice if Project Diva had a step by step tutorial for each song, kinda like Guitar Hero or Dance Central, where you could select which parts you want to learn and maybe even slow them down to get the hang of it. Oh wait, but that would make it easier for us, wouldn't it! Oh silly me, that's not what SEGA wants!
    //shot

16. donosean

Staff Member Moderator

Yeah I get you, I'm big into DDR too, used to play Stepmania a lot to get better at reading charts :P
    Luckily as of a few hours ago I finally finished perfecting all of extreme, -that- one song included.. Turned out I just had to slow down a bit xD

17. Djaga

Taiko no Tatsujin series have tutorials likes this. It helped me a lot when i'm used to play Taiko.

O_O wow

I will try to perfect when my controller arrives. And play some WTF edited songs.

18. donosean

Staff Member Moderator

I can't wait to get into whatever hisokeee has planned for F 2nd. Just a few days ago I almost passed the EXWTF version of Let's Say the P-Names >_<
    ..I really need to replace my half-dead sixaxis though. Need a new Dualshock3, at least they have some weight o.e

19. Kaon

Kaon シュープリーム

whoever made shy target must be shot either that or I must suck really bad

I can't even beat Genga Spoofing on Normal just for the unlock. GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
    [​IMG]

20. Djaga

Nice thumb fingers you have O_O mine is very poor