1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

Anything you don't like about F2 so far?

Discussion in 'Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F 2nd' started by Dyspnia, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Dyspnia

Dyspnia Retired cDLC Creator

University Student
    Anyone have any complaints about the game? Like even if it's just a small feature that makes you go "dang, I wish they would change this."

Personally, I wish you could combine challenge items and help items, it shouldn't be too hard.
    It'd also be nice if the help item to use the LR buttons for stars didn't decrease your diva points, I would much rather like it as a settings feature.
    I want them to fix the 2-finger final star glitch as well OTL

2. henrban

henrban Big Debut

Home Page:
    http://dokighost.tumblr.com
    The Hard/Extreme mode of Kagerou Days.

3. Dyspnia

University Student
    What don't you like about it?

4. henrban

henrban Big Debut

Home Page:
    http://dokighost.tumblr.com
    I don't get why SEGA chose to only use stars and the O and X buttons? It seems kind of pointless to me.
    The chance time is also absolutely impossible for me even with Star Changer, but that's not really a legitimate reason.

5. Dyspnia

University Student
    Maybe they chose two notes to symbolize the two different PVs? idk

[​IMG]
    I also just discovered this, this annoys the hell out of me. Why is it when I choose Sakine, I get two MEIKOs, why do they count her as just an extra character TT_TT

6. Otase

Otase Advanced Player

Too much star notes ~_~; lol

7. Henry

Henry 私は安全な嫌い.

Student
    The Farthest End(JK). No, it's Singapore.
    Ura Omote Lovers. Her voice somehow felt awkward even though it wasn't a bad song. The PD Extend one was better.

8. Kaon

Kaon シュープリーム

I'm going to make some protest videos by reusing the older versions of the specified songs for certain PV's. (If I had the recording equipment for Vita...)

Anyways, read my signature, that's already one. The Karakuri Pierrot chart on Normal was rather DIFFICULT TO FOLLOW. Well... Sort of... For the first few tries, then I ended up with a barely passing Excellent. @_@
    I've seen other people complain about the song selection, in which half of the entire songlist is filled with returning songs from the PSP games, and a few of those songs aren't really my favorites... Just to be blunt.

...I'm not looking forward to Paradichlorobenzene, I've heard it made other players cringe... And I do not like the sound of Len's voice in that song... o.O

9. Dyspnia

University Student
    Oh please do look forward to this one at least~ I can't change your opinion on it of course if you don't end up liking it but I'd say it's just as good as before. The alternate ending is pretty neat too! Hurry and play it xD

10. AjidoMarujido

AjidoMarujido Newbie Player

- The Link Star notes, seems like a very flawed mechanic to me, there's no way of predicting the correct timing. With every other note you can generally tell, either by distance between the targets or the notes flying onto the screen, with the link stars, neither of those applies, you don't know how fast the stars are going to get to each target until it starts moving across the line, and sometimes it moves too fast to feasibly react to. You basically have to know ahead of time how the star is going to move.

On top of that, there's essentially no difference gameplay-wise. I know it makes the little drawing on the screen, but your actions are exactly the same with link stars as they are for regular stars, so they seems a bit pointless to me.

- The amount of repeating short overlapping rapid-note segments. There are a TON of these in the game. Almost every Extreme mode song uses them all over the place. I absolutely hate those, I was hoping that those would be done forever after Sweet Devil and HachiHachi Flower Fight.

Overall I'll loving the game though.

11. Dyspnia

University Student
    While I actually kind of like this little gimmick, I have to agree. I hate playing a song for the first time, seeing a link scratch and all of a sudden it's either JETTING across to the next star unexpectedly or moving extremely slow to wear i accidentally get a safe on the next note. I think the best link scratch is the heart in Suki Kirai and the worst being the leeks in Miku Miku ni shite ageru.

12. Loserbait

Loserbait Intermediate Player

Note charts are too easy. If you've played Arcade, you would know パラジクロロベンゼン did not achieve its full potential in F 2nd (also 初音ミクの激唱 and 裏表ラバーズ). Not saying I want Diva 2nd Gekishou's spammy chart, but more technical notes would have been fine.

Link notes are a very flawed mechanic. Whilst there is technically a way of predicting the timing for them, it's considered moot as the spacing screws everything up.

Timing -feels- off for a few songs, including that damn clown song. It's not but it's very difficult timing to get used to.

Not enough songs, or good set list blah blah. No real boss song this time around. And you can't consider Gekishou or 二次元ドリームフィーバー a boss stage as their charts are simply too easy.

13. Nepgear

Nepgear Night ★ Fever

Home Page:
    http://azureunbalance.tumblr.com
    I concur on the star links, they're pretty much exactly the same as regular stars except they have free reign to mess with the tempo as much as they like. They're generally pure trial and error, or depend on you having listened to the song a lot beforehand. (I was able to comfortably deal with Envy Catwalk and Miku Miku ni Shite Ageru due to the latter)

They really upped the star difficulty here, which is why I really dread star sections in F2nd, rather than them just being vacation time in F. I think the upped difficulty in general is good, though. Outside of just a few songs, F was really easy.

As for the above post, I really do consider Gekishou and 2D Dream Fever to be good boss stages. They're essentially spiritual successors of the last game's bosses, with Gekishou being pretty similar to SMF, only a lot faster, and 2D Dream Fever is Negaposi*Continues on steroids. All I ask from boss stages is that they're difficult to clear, but still entirely possible to survive, which sums up those two. (I have never been able to even get halfway through Classic Gekishou's second notespam section, and I don't think I ever will) 2D Dream Fever is definitely a challenge for me, I haven't been able to clear it yet.

I'm actually more concerned over the lack of an "ending" song, like Continuing Dream in F or Sekiranun Graffiti in Extend. I think they should have left Decorator until the very end, since it's one of the last songs you unlock, anyway.

Oh, yeah, and then there's the obvious thing. F's tracklist was very consistently solid. Some songs were better than others, but they were all still good. F2nd is not as lucky.

And Two-Faced Lovers sounds weird.

14. christenlanger

christenlanger Intermediate Player

- Link stars is a memorization mechanic. If you don't know how the timing goes, it will screw you. I could have perfected the Easy version of Knife the first time but nope because of that link note.

- Rapid fire double notes. It's not good note design because at one point, it can hurt your hands. It is feasible in an arcade controller setup, but not when you're holding a normal PS3 controller or Vita.

- Paradichlorobenzene. Still not a fan of this song. Music is subjective, but there are other better Len songs out there.

- No stick+screen scratch option for Vita. Would have been a very good option.

- No animation PV this time. They did it for World's End Umbrella, would have been nice to get at least one.

15. ChenMW

ChenMW Newbie Player

there are certain things that I don't like, the Diva Room with same item, should have totally new stuffs, rather than old

16. Sirenja

Sirenja Big Debut

I would have really liked a Story PV for Melt, Kokoro and World is mine T_T

17. tsumiki01124

tsumiki01124 Intermediate Player

I don't like the DIVA room. I come to this game because of its rhythm game play but this times there are too many things that I have to grind in DIVA room for platinum.

18. Wreather

Wreather Advanced Player

Oh, people like the animation PVs? I found it annoying in F because I liked Miku's module for it but it barely showed up.

Anyway, I don't have the game yet, but I can complain about a few things that I've seen in the PD wiki, though they're very nitpicky.

I don't like that you have to play a song 5 times to get the second module for it. Especially since you get the first module after clearing the song once. I like playing the songs once on Normal with their default modules and then playing them on Hard with their recommended modules.

I also don't like that you have to play Pair of Wintry Winds on all difficulties to unlock a certain module. I RARELY play on Extreme, and I only ever even THINK about doing that after I've perfected most of the songs on Hard. I always saw Extreme as just an extra mode for if you really want to challenge yourself. But if worst comes to worst I'll just use a help item if I can't pass the song on my own and hope it's enough.

Like most others, I don't really like the fact that half the song list are returning songs, but I can deal with most of them. The only ones I find to not have anything good enough are Miracle Paint, Kokoro, and Meltdown. (I'd say Paradichlorobenzene too but apparently the CT success is a good twist? Can't wait to see that)

19. Nepgear

Nepgear Night ★ Fever

Home Page:
    http://azureunbalance.tumblr.com
    I found it annoying in F because the differing framerates tended to throw me off.

20. tsumiki01124

tsumiki01124 Intermediate Player

Actually when it comes to songs like that, those modules that require 5 times clear are always available in the first place as ?????, so you can use the recommend modules right after having cleared it the first times without purchasing it. Otherwise, they would be AS modules.

And for the condition that requires you to play all difficulties, you just need to play and it counts even if you do not clear it.