1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

Any [Any] Kingdom Hearts Theme Songs

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Darksidehearts, May 4, 2013.

1. Darksidehearts

Darksidehearts A calm state of mind is proof of skill and mastery
    Staff Member

Assistant Psychology Prof. at USF
    We usually hear "Hikari" a lot but don't hear "Passion" too often. Personally I think "Passion" needs more love. I wonder what the next theme will be for KHIII, I imagine they'll ask Utada Hikaru to do that one as well. I wonder if she'll do something interesting like with Passion. *If you don't know what I'm talking about, try playing the song backwards.*

Also I know they use Hikari more due to the fact that many of the games are set around or near the 1st's story so it wouldn't make sense to bring in the 2nd's theme but you know what I'm saying.

So here's my question: What do you think of each theme and what do like or dislike about them?

2. scarf

scarf Intermediate Player

I like "Passion" more overall, but like you said, it's rarely used in the games.

"Hikari" is nice too though. My favorite opening is the one they made for Birth By Sleep, which is also my favorite game in the series. I was pretty young when the first game came out but I still remember restarting my PS2 over and over again just to see the openng :)

As for the opening for KH3, it can be whatever song they want as long as they release the game before I die! xD

3. Almeria

Almeria アイサレタイ
    Staff Member Moderator

Studying Media Science at Södertörn University
    Then I'm the contrary and prefer Hikari xD Though not the normal version, only the one used for example in the intro of Birth by Sleep (so I agree with scarf there), the songs aren't to my typical liking but they work well with the games :)

4. Darksidehearts

Darksidehearts A calm state of mind is proof of skill and mastery
    Staff Member

Assistant Psychology Prof. at USF
    Fair enough, I just listened to the full version of PlanitB Remix earlier and now have a good appreciation for it. Eh, I'm a little skeptical when it comes to video game music and rarely like or enjoy the soundtrack of a game. It depends on the game really.