1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Am I the only one?

Discussion in 'VOCALOID' started by Dawn111, May 9, 2014.

1. Dawn111

Dawn111 Big Debut

Home Page:
    http://dennyvuquach.webs.com
    I'm sorry if I have to ask this, and I'm not trying to be a troll, but am I the only one who doesn't hate Vocaloids? I keep hearing people making fun of me, just because I like Vocaloid. There are people who kept saying things like "OMG, UR A F*G", just because I listen to the music other than metal or rap. I don't want to be the only one who likes Vocaloids.

2. Dyspnia

Dyspnia Retired cDLC Creator

University Student
    Well Vocaloid wouldn't be so successful if only one person liked it now would it? Of course you're not the only one, there are thousands upon thousands of fans, producers, and artists dedicated to electronic voices we love.

You're situation is actually pretty common with a good amount of members in this forum. Just the other day I was playing Project Diva with a guy behind me going on and on about how weird it is. You just have to brush these things off, they're the ones who have the problem if they really care about what kind of beat, clink, and vocal goes into your ears. But that's also not to say that their music is bad either, their music is just as good as ours no matter how "dumb" it can sound at times.

Both genre's of music have it's questionable lyrics too, for example:

Young and Wild and Free by Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa - "So what we get drunk? So what we smoke weed? We just havin' fun. We don't care who sees."

Pomp and Circumstance feat. Gumi, Miku, IA, Luka, and Rin - *sexual* AHHH~ AHHHHH~ AHHHHHH~ AHHHHHHHH!~

Even though these songs have some pretty weird words in them, enough to turn someone off of that genre, they both give a strong and clear meaning (like enjoying life and being independent) that can actually make them pretty likable.

It's understandable that someone might thing of Vocaloid music being "weird" but they may go too far if they go and call someone a fag for it. As long as you try to not let it affect you, you'll be fine as you have, at least, the online community to keep you company as there's plenty of people who have the same interests as you.

3. Kaon

Kaon シュープリーム

vocaloid music sucks in general </sarcasm>

What Dypsnia said, there's a lot of people who love Vocaloid music out there. Best advise you share your interest in Vocaloid with those who share the same passion as you do. Not everyone is exposed to the beauty of computer generated voices; Unless they have a chance of showing interest- it would not hurt to share any who would dare to try something different.

4. Dawn111

Dawn111 Big Debut

Home Page:
    Sorry for the late reply, but thank you guys for posting really helpful replies to me. Dyspnia, you made a good point that Vocaloid wouldn't be really successful if only few people liked it. I'm a fan of Japanese music in general like Vocaloids.

5. stratoside

stratoside Advanced Player

i pretty much only listen to vocaloid music,
    i found out about vocaloid when i played Osu 2years ago, and i can't return back to non vocaloid music

honestly i view vocaloid as an instrument, not a genre, because there are so many different types of vocaloid musics out there
    but ye you aren't the only one, i love my vocaloid music

6. Dawn111

Dawn111 Big Debut

Home Page:
    Thank you stratoside. I love your Vocaloid music too. I've been listening to the albums like Vocalogemini, Megurhythm, Tell Your World, and World Breakout, though I also listen to other kinds of music too, as long as it's not mainstream. I've been listening to music like new age, electronic, R&B, rock, etc., but I don't care for rap, metal, country, & teen pop.

7. pixivfan

pixivfan Welcome to DIVA!

Hey Dawn! I love Vocaloids too and their 99% of the songs. I know that people have different tastes in music, and I like to listen to them on any genre. Sure, the songs are like 'autotune', but it doesn't mean that they're not great music. I would personally never discuss on Vocaloids in any forum other than here, because I wouldn't like people flaming on me.

8. Rinandlen4lyfe

Rinandlen4lyfe Newbie Player

Student, Kagamine addict
    Trust me, you're not alone.
    At school I get so much hate because I listen to stuff beside rap, pop, whatever people listen to these day...
    To be honest, I could really care less about what people say about me because it is what I choose to listen to and other people have no right to hate on what I listen to, it's none of their buisness.