1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone remeber if digital was released launch day for diva f

Discussion in 'Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F 2nd' started by hisokeee, Jan 28, 2014.

1. hisokeee

hisokeee Intermediate Player

Because i double checked the release date for project diva f digital dl in the jp psn store and it shows the same date as the physical copy release, but I have seen other games where the digital copy gets released later than the physical so i was wondering if anyone bought digital copy day 1 for Diva F. The reason why I ask because i am trying to figure out if they are going to release the digital copy day one for Project Diva F 2nd

2. Almeria

Almeria アイサレタイ
    Staff Member Moderator

Studying Media Science at Södertörn University
    Re: Anyone remeber if digital was released launch day for di

I remember that the digital release for the PS3 was the same day as PDF, I can't really remember for the Vita though. But I think F2nd will probably be released digitally at the same time as the physical copies ^^

3. Daverost

Daverost Pro Player

Sony's release policy for all Vita and PS4 games is to have digital available on day one.

4. Otase

Otase Advanced Player

Since im here i have 2 question's, why are PSN downloads so overpriced for Vita?
    are Vita Digital loadings slower 2 second's only at startup or does it happen on in-game loadings too?
    (asking since i never saw a full test on this and anyone here might know more)

5. Daverost

Daverost Pro Player

Not sure what you mean here. They're not. They're cheaper than retail in Japan and often cheaper than retail in the west, certainly no more.

Digital download versions should be loading at roughly the same speeds as both load from cards. PSP had a noticeable improvement for digital games for this reason, but there shouldn't be anything noticeable on Vita as the games no longer come on discs.

6. OveReAction

OveReAction Global Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

The game's size is actually more than 4 GB, which is too much for the PSVita card to handle. Because of this, the Edit mode will be separated from the core game and release it on day one as a free DLC.

Releasing the digital version on day 1 can be a hassle coz it's either SEGA having to re-join Edit mode to the core game and release it as a 4+ GB game, or can't release them digitally due to the exceeded size limit. I have never known any Vita games that is as big as 4GB.

7. OveReAction

OveReAction Global Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think not. The PS3's HDD storage is decently large enough, so there's no limit for that. PSVita games can be a problem though, coz who knows they'll buy the memory cards that are still overpriced.

8. Daverost

Daverost Pro Player

I don't think Sony implements a hard cap on game size for PS3. I know Microsoft did for 360, but they either lifted it or increased it a while back.

9. Roflcakes

Roflcakes Newbie Player

Just paid for it on Amiami with the pouch and EMS shipping! I really hope they ship today so I can possibly get it by Friday (very unlikely) or Saturday.

10. christenlanger

christenlanger Intermediate Player

It's not yet out on PSN. But some people most likely got it 1 day early.

11. ReiTwelve

ReiTwelve Welcome to DIVA!

Hmm, I wanted to try to buy PJDF2nd on PSN and DL to my memory card and run it onto my VitaTV hue, but I have to wait for digital release >.>. My PS3 version has been shipped already.

12. Dyspnia

Dyspnia Retired cDLC Creator

University Student

I'M DOWNLOADING ALL THE DLC RIGHT NOW! GYAAA

13. ShinUkyo

ShinUkyo 魔法のユダヤ人

Please let me know if the customize items really all carry over! (head/face/chest/back ones) I watched some of that one Twitch stream, and I noticed all his modules carried over. But I didn't see any customize items (each of his pages for those items was empty.) So I'm not sure if he just never bought any customize items himself - or if they don't carry over for some reason. I'm killing myself right now, trying to clear the one last song that I haven't cleared on Extreme (to unlock the platinum crown item) in the first game. Only item I'm missing, haha. If it doesn't carry over, though, then I could forego the pain.

EDIT: A few hours later, I finally managed to conquer that last evil song (Sadistic Music Factory.) And so I have my glorious Platinum Crown, finally. So I guess it's a moot point whether they carry over. I finally have 100% customize items. Had to give it to Miku; it matches her outfit. Though soon after she got it, after all those exhausting plays of the evil song, she fell asleep. Decided to snap a picture. Didn't have a flash drive handy to port the screenshot from my PS3, so snapped one with the phone to celebrate haha:

[​IMG]