1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

Project DIVA f 2nd announced! [Update Jul 11]

Discussion in 'Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F 2nd' started by Suyo, Jul 9, 2013.

1. Wreather

Wreather Advanced Player

From all the news we've seen so far about PDF2, what do you guys think? Love it? Hate it? Indifferent? Waiting until more news to make a judgement? I'm asking because in the other forum I lurk, 99% of the people basically hate the new songs or have never heard of them. It kind of shocked me that so many people were being negative about the game already. I'm already pumped to get it.

2. infinity

infinity Little traveler

I'm waiting this new/old game, Sega never failed with the project diva games, i just expect more songs than the first F game.

3. Wreather

Wreather Advanced Player

I want that too, but I reeeaaally doubt it. PDF for the PS3 totaled 38 songs with the "Extra" ones right? So, if they do put in more songs, I think it's only going to be one more, to make it 39. From what I've seen, Sega just loves the "39 sankyuu miku" deal. But maybe they're waiting for their last Project Diva game to make it 39 songs. And if that's true, then if they do make the songs for PDF2 more than 39, people will just complain when the last Project Diva game will get 39 songs, since that makes less songs. I hope that made sense. I'm probably overthinking it, but yeah, I don't know. I do hope I'm wrong.

4. Japes

Japes Advanced Player

Nope, I don't think you're overthinking it. I would predict, as well, that we will get a maximum of 39 (not including DLC), and perhaps less in order to allow them to release DLC that will bring the song count up to 39.

Overall, though, I am SUPER excited for this game! :D

5. Wreather

Wreather Advanced Player

Man... I hope the DLC won't be things I'm very interested in, since I can't buy any. I'm glad I'm not the only one who's excited though, like I originally thought.

By the way, does anyone know/would anyone like to guess how much of a chance there is of a Project Mirai 2 song being in Project Diva F 2nd too, like with Melancholic? I ask this because I saw the latest Project Mirai 2 trailer, and there's a list of producers whose songs haven't been revealed yet. I noticed that Project Mirai 2 is getting a loooot of producers that I love and it makes me sad. (emon, keeno, honeyworks, hachiouji-p, etc) If shake it! turns out to be for Project Mirai 2 then I think it would be a really huge waste of an opportunity. Plus, some songs are just better suited for PDF2. (I want my breakdancing Len dammit ;_;)

6. Afiredone123

Afiredone123 私たちの惑星からの最後の愛の歌。

Reminder that we're gonna have the demo tomorrow! XD

7. NekoPocky

NekoPocky Advanced Player

Home Page:
    http://www.Otakupocky.tumblr.com
    Don't you mean today since its Thursday in Japan?

8. Kaon

Kaon シュープリーム

9. NekoPocky

Home Page:
  10. Kaon

Kaon シュープリーム

The demo is now up on the PSN.jp Vita store. Better download it fast while some of you guys have the chance! ;P

Hopefully we can start some scoretables on the Demo. I challenge you gaiz!! xD

11. Afiredone123

Afiredone123 私たちの惑星からの最後の愛の歌。

Well guys, I just finished downloading and installing the demo into my PSVita. I also have played it just now. It looks like we do not need to hold our finger onto the screen to suceed the link scratch. Just scratch it like scratching the normal star notes. =)

12. NekoPocky

Home Page:
    They changed up a little the way to switch difficulties and I wish the pv for the older songs were a bit different. I'm surprised you cant use different vocaloids in the demo like in the first pdf demo. However, I'm really liking the demo so far.

13. scarf

scarf Intermediate Player

I really like the new button sounds for hold notes, though I was a little confused about the link scratch notes. Isn't it the whole point that we need to keep our finger on the screen? Though maybe it was like that because it's only Normal mode.

I can't wait to play the full game!

14. Kaon

Kaon シュープリーム

Yeah the new note hold and duet sounds are very pleasing to hear, I find it absolutely earworm worthy. *laughs*

So far the double scratch is the only "WTF I got a worst on that" only because I'm not very good at coordinating with my left hand on the touch screen...

15. Xiphon

Xiphon Newbie Player

IT Technical Support
    Love the demo :) So used to using the back touch panel for the scratch notes though! Cant wait for next Spring.

16. Magical39

Magical39 Pro Player

No need to use both hands, just use two finger from right or left hand XD
    Counts as well :)

I like demo but it gets bored to easily ._.
    And: I don't like new challange item because I can't really see it with it's FPS...

17. Henry

Henry 私は安全な嫌い.

Student
    The Farthest End(JK). No, it's Singapore.
    *curious to see the demo* ;-; wish i could get it too, but unfortunately i don't know how to safely change my vita's country and im scared of losing my data.tough luck. But gratz for those who got the demo.

18. Dyspnia

Dyspnia Retired cDLC Creator

University Student
    I'm pretty ok with the demo so far. I've noticed some things about it though:

You can get safes on scratch notes now (NOOOOOOOOOO!!! WHYYYY!!!)
    You can't change your Vocaloid in this demo *cries*
    I encountered a small glitch where the スタート (Start) button would disappear (I could still click it though). This will most likely be fixed.
    I'm kinda missing the background music, the small silence between choosing songs is a bit off for me.
    I don't like how when you finish the song it takes you ALL the way back to the main menu.
    Thankfully, Rin's mic doesn't go through her hand in ColorfulXMelody.

Most of these will obviously be changed in the full ver. though so I'm just nitpicking at the Demo but we'll be having this for a while soooo...

19. Otase

Otase Advanced Player

lol and i thought we could finaly get some Miku treatment on the US PSN
    but doesn't seem like it as always.

20. Kaon

Kaon シュープリーム

Thanks for the advice, but I tried... It doesn't seem to work for me, my right index finger is either glued to the R button or the back of the PSVita by instinct... I'll just have to manage with both my right and left thumbs. :3

I also tried the shy target and super speed challenge items both together... The song becomes "hard mode" especially on normal!! I would rather use one of each, but I could see why some players have a lot of trouble playing with both!