1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

First video for PDF2nd! [UPDATE 21st]

Discussion in 'Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F 2nd' started by Suyo, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Suyo

Suyo Master of Unfortunate SAFEs
    Legendary Supporter

Website Maintenance, amateur Game Coder
    Home Page:
    http://www.greencouchgames.net
    While the Tokyo Game Show is running and people might already be playing PDF2nd there, the PJD team released a video on their YouTube showing the game.

[c][/c]

Here are the songs which have been added to the game since the last news post. First, the all new songs we never played before:
    [vocadb]This is the Happiness and Peace of Mind Committee[/vocadb][vocadb]narisumashi genga[/vocadb]
    The new modules are called "Siren" for Kochira, koufuku anshin iinkai desu (This is the Happiness and Peace of Mind Committee), and "Faker" (Rin)/"Liar" (Miku) for Narisumashi Genga (Spoofing Genga).

And these songs are making their return from the first/second Project DIVA and extend:
    [vocadb]packaged[/vocadb][vocadb]Thousand Year Solo[/vocadb]

Apart from these new songs, the video also showcases a couple modules from older games, including the "Kitten" and "Heart Hunter" modules from PD1, hinting at the possibility that all of the past modules can be used in the new game.

Also shown are the new types of Scratch Notes - the Link Scratch, and the Double Scratch. How the Double Scratch works is pretty straight forward - you need to scratch with two fingers instead of one - while the Link Scratch is a little more complicated: the Link Scratch is a series of Scratch Targets connected by a line. The note will fly towards the first target in the Link Scratch, and then follow the line. You will have to scratch every time the note overlaps a target, with each target in the Link Scratch being worth more. If you complete the Link Scratch, you recieve a bonus.
    That has to be new record for the most times the word "scratch" has been used in a paragraph.

[anchor]update[/anchor]UPDATE!
    The first off-screen videos of F 2nd have arrived, of people playing the demo at TGS.

[c][/c]

From this, we can see some interesting details. First, one of the players takes a look into the Item List, where we can see Shy Target making a return, with the DP increase reduced (+50% instead of +100%). The really interesting thing is below Shy Target though: a new challenge item called High Speed (+50% DP increase), which speeds up how fast the note closes in onto the target - it fits well with Shy Target. And yes, you can finally combine multiple challenge or help items at once! In that case, the DP increases/decreases will be added to each other (not multiplied). Another new feature is that you can set different sounds for different types of notes (Normal/Hold/Double).
    Another change which appeared in the videos is that the Song Energy gauge starts full instead of at 50%. It might be just for the demo to allow people to get used to the controls without losing right away, so the retail game might revert to the old half fill. Speaking of losing: it seems there are new character animations, the video showing off one that happens in a duet song. Will they be randomly decided, or depend on the characters chosen?

If the videos were not enough, the official blog has posted a bunch of screenshots and module images, which you can see right here: http://miku.sega.jp/info/0660

2. Wreather

Wreather Advanced Player

Re: First video for PDF2nd!

Oh geez, I actually cried at Spoofing Genga's PV. I didn't expect it to be a rivalry-type thing, I thought it was going to be about both of them being sad together or something. At first I thought the Liar and Faker modules were boring, but seeing them in the PV makes it work really well. And of course Akatsuki Arrival is another rivalry thing. Since they have to cut down the song for This is the Happiness and Peace of Mind Committee to make it under 4 minutes, I wonder if they'll keep in the part where Miku lists executions. Lastly, the fact that there's no specific module that was shown for Packaged kind of worries me. (I like specific modules for each song okay)

ETA: Watched the video again, and I have two more things to say about the Spoofing Genga PV. I love their expressions, especially when Rin's sitting with her guitar and glaring at Miku. Second thing, I'm glad they're putting random people again AKA the two girls watching Rin and Miku perform.

3. BaseNumbers

BaseNumbers Not初音ミク

Home Page:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/6114JN/

I wonder what Gold Miku for F2nd would look like.
    According to PjD Wiki, in PjD1 the module "Vocal" can be unlocked by getting a Standard on Hard, in PjD2nd it's unlocked by clearing Normal.
    [​IMG]

EDIT: One point I forgot to point out is that some songs, especially returning ones, were somewhat unappealing to me since even though it's improved visuals, but the same song. I would like them to remix or remaster at least some songs. (For example Urbandonment/Torinoko City)

4. Kaon

Kaon シュープリーム

Oooh, I love the new credit effects for ロミオとシンデレラ. I'm sooooo going to play it nonstop!!!

Link scratch... I do not like this new feature compared to the double scratch... ;P

Also they're bringing back some of the old modules? Hmmm the white dress is a good one, I still dislike the inclusion of Heart Hunter... Where's mah Dancer Miku, SEGA?!

5. Afiredone123

Afiredone123 私たちの惑星からの最後の愛の歌。

To be honest, I've like this two new gameplay elements, this will test our hands how good at swiping. XD

6. Daverost

Daverost Pro Player

Happiness and Peace of Mind Committee has me super hyped. I hate that they cut the video right before the best part, though.

7. Wreather

Wreather Advanced Player

Probably did that on purpose. Basically a "if you wanna see the goods, get the game! Or... you know... watch the eventual Youtube video of it..." thing.

I just hope every Vocaloid gets at least two solo songs, with at least one of them not being from an old game. If "Thousand Year Solo" is the only Kaito song we get, I'm going to be disappointed. Though I'm more worried about Meiko. For some reason I have a really strong feeling that Piano x Forte x Scandal is going to be the only Meiko song, and Butterfly on Your Right Shoulder possibly the only Len song. I'm not sure if those two songs are in the top 39, though. I can't seem to find the list anymore.

Edit: Found the list and there is no Piano x Forte x Scandal or Butterfly on Your Right Shoulder, but there are Change Me and Paradichlorobenzene. I stand by what I said.

8. Otase

Otase Advanced Player

Im already disapointed at this, its going to turn me off completly as gameplay is ruined on Vita this time...

9. Japes

Japes Advanced Player

I'm very curious as to how "link scratch" will work on the PS3... I'm very excited, though! I'm always up for new gameplay additions!

10. Suyo

Legendary Supporter

Home Page:

...wait what? The Link Scratch is literally the same as a couple normal Scratch Notes where the only difference is in how it is shown on the screen, and the Double Scratch is no problem since your second finger is doing nothing during Scratch sequences anyways. How does this ruin gameplay?

11. BaseNumbers

BaseNumbers Not初音ミク

Home Page:

I actually wonder why they would change the dress for こちら、幸福安心委員会です。I could understand the color change a little, but I'm not a fan of sleeveless.

12. Toadsili_T

Toadsili_T Newbie Player

Sort of a follow up to some of my comments in the other thread (which was understandably locked), it does seem that PDF on the PS3 allows inputs from two controllers. My concern and frustration for Double Star Notes due to my Arcade Controller set-up has been greatly alleviated now; I'll just mount a DualShock controller over the Scratch Pad to deal with Double Star Notes, and wah-lah; problem solved. The Link Scratch actually reminds me of the "Hold and Follow" input in DJ MAX Techmania, although the implementation here is different; it looks like SEGA are trying to find more ways to reward consistent performance score-wise. I still wonder why they haven't introduced the Life Bonus like they do in Arcade... :/

Finally, I can't say it enough times how much I love utataP's song. They even incorporated the borderline subliminal frames from the original PV! Waiting another half year is going to be hard... D:

Her original depiction by Wogura as seen in the original PV shows off Siren in a sleeveless dress. The dress was definitely longer/puffier towards the bottom, though... unless you're refering to the change in the gloves she's wearing.

13. BaseNumbers

BaseNumbers Not初音ミク

Home Page:

I was talking about the removal of the shoulder straps, if it makes it any clear?
    I'm just being nitpicky about it, it's a nice-looking module by itself.

14. BladeTH

BladeTH Advanced Player

Saddest thing is that we can see that Miku performs a cool move on this part. But they cut it.

Module hasn't taken from dress in the PV. It taken from novel adaptation as a newer version (I think).
    [​IMG]

15. Suyo

Legendary Supporter

Home Page:

The first off-screen videos were released, and the first post has been updated with some info about new challenge items and the Link Scratch!

EDIT: Just going to throw my opinion into the ring.
    First, about the Challenge Items. I've just been talking about this on IRC yesterday with Henry and Japes: I'll always welcome Challenge Items which make the game harder even if you can perfect the song, and High Speed seems to deliver that (if it does, in fact, speed up the entire song). Combining different challenges was also something I mentioned yesterday since it was very high on my wishlist, and suddenly it's here. I can't wait to enable every single Challenge Item and try that. I just hope the UI is not lying to us.
    About the new result animations, I just hope they are character-based and not random, since each character having their own movements would be just a very small addition but have a big effect on characterization of the Vocaloids. Due to animations being only a few bytes in the Alchemy engine, I'm still wondering why they didn't do it before, it would take them a couple hours at most to do it.

16. BladeTH

BladeTH Advanced Player

Videos? I have found only one video.

17. Suyo

Legendary Supporter

Home Page:

There's a few general videos of TGS where they just take a quick look at PDF2nd at the booth and then move on. They don't show much of it though, the IGN one has the most information out of them all. (Even though the player is really bad.)

18. Wreather

Wreather Advanced Player

I feel really guilty about laughing in the beginning. I thought "this guy is terrible" meant that he just wasn't good, not that he had no idea what to do. I chuckled when he was trying to figure out how to use the star mechanics. :(

About the new character animations, I'm a little confused. Where are there new animations? I only saw the duet MissxTake result animations. Unless you meant that they're different from PDF. Is there something I'm missing here?

19. Afiredone123

Afiredone123 私たちの惑星からの最後の愛の歌。

Just searching in the web just now, I found this illustration. I guess they followed this stage illustration of Romeo And CInderella. =)

[​IMG]

20. Taiki28

Taiki28 Advanced Player

Student
    Finally! we don't have to press the triangle to hear te preview :3, this were the only thing that bother me of the game
    (That player of IGN really sucks in the game o.O)