1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

What are your hopes for PDf 2nd?

Discussion in 'Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F 2nd' started by Dyspnia, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Dyspnia

Dyspnia Retired cDLC Creator

University Student
    It's kind of hard for a game like this to hold about 50 songs on it's own, so that's why we have DLC in the first place for a ton of games. I adore DLC, and I really hope for a LOT, like, A FUDGING LOT, of DLC in the future. We didn't get too much with f so the replayability of the game kinda went down. I would LOVE more songs, outfits (especially for the Extras), accessories, edit movements, and maybe even some new kinds of DLCs.

Speaking of EDIT Mode, I would love it if I could pick 3 Vocaloids and my Percentage Meter not already be at 80%. Imagine how much more we could do if we were to have more room to make our EDIT PVs.

2. Wreather

Wreather Advanced Player

I hope for a larger song list, more new songs than old, and difficult songs that aren't ridiculous, like Nega*Posi Continues and Sadistic Music Factory. I hated Gekishou so much because I suck at dual wielding.

3. kittylenlen55

kittylenlen55 Big Debut

I must agree about the percentage. I can't do an edit of Dancing Samurai without the percentage getting to 90% just because of the modules I choose. >.<

4. Miku★DIVA

Miku★DIVA Doushite Kounatta?!

If I remember correctly, the songs Nostalogic and DYE (may have more songs) still have the vocals on even if you hold the L and R buttons upon starting the PV... :(

5. hectorjp87

hectorjp87 Intermediate Player

mmm... keep f1 costumes! please!

6. mahou

mahou Welcome to DIVA!

Home Page:
    http://www.youtube.com/BananaaUyu
    My hopes for the songs:
    More songs, at least 40-45.
    Not for Miku to have half the songs and KAITO and MEIKO to have, like 2. It pisses me off a lot. (-_-)
    For Teto to have at least have 1 song. C'mon, she has a voice bank.

My hopes for the models:
    Same like the songs, not for Miku to have 25, and MEIKO and KAITO get 3.
    Teto/Neru/Haku to be actually INCLUDED in the game.

Overall now....

NO DLC'S!

7. Japes

Japes Advanced Player

Teto is an UTAU, though, not a Vocaloid (I'm assuming that's why it hasn't happened yet).

8. Dyspnia

University Student
    According to a friend of mine, it's because they have the rights to use her image, not her voicebank as that's owned by Twindrill and Oyamano Mayo, not Crypton.
    I personally hope there's a ton of DLCs. One game cart can't hold everything so if they release a shiz ton of DLCs, we'll have more content than imaginable (hopefully at a reasonable price of course).

9. Seirei

Seirei Welcome to DIVA!

College student and part time sales associate
    Even though I'm still relatively new to PD, I'm thinking they should add some sort of multiplayer mode, both online and home. Just something simple like a score attack thing or where player's can join together and clear a certain song together. That's just me though ._.

10. PSI Gaming

PSI Gaming Stressed? Don't fret!

I doubt something like online multiplayer would happen, remember SSBBrawl's crappy netcode? I bet something like that would happen. As for local multiplayer, something like that would work. Although I don't know how many resources that would take on the Vita, but since Nintendo DS could do it, I'm very well sure that the Vita could do it better (well, that is, if the localnetcode isn't crap).

11. Seirei

Seirei Welcome to DIVA!

Makes sense, the idea of an online play sound nice, but looking at the execution now, I can already seeing the possible lag time and the many safe notes that will be hit. Local wise, if they make that happen, that would be awesome. On that note, another possibly idea for PDf 2nd is the option of having your own in game avatar with his/her own room.

12. PSI Gaming

Local multiplayer on PS3 would already be easy to do (4 controllers and large enough screen). Here's my idea:

Together Mode
    At the start of the song, a random player will normally play the song. After finishing 1/4 (I'm assuming here that 4 people are playing, this measure will change depending on the amount of players) of the song, it will switch to another randomly picked player. And repeat the process... In each part, the last note will be replaced with the rainbow star note. If only 1 or 2 rainbow stars were pressed, the ending where the rainbow star was not pressed will appear. If 3 or 4 were pressed, the alternate ending will appear. The results screen will show the results of each player and add the Cools and Fines to determine the rank.

Competition Mode
    Players are chosen to pick realtime or turn-based mode. In turn-based, each player will be given a chance to play the game normally. In realtime mode, the screen is divided into the amount of players. The interface will be similar to Project mirai 2's in which the game will follow where the notes are. However, 4 player mode will need a very decently sized screen to be played, so the game will detect the resolution of the screen you're using. The PV's size will remain untouched and the ending will be determined by the amount of rainbow stars pressed, just like Together Mode.

Both of these multiplayer modes can be unlocked by clearing all songs on Normal. Upon unlocking, all songs on these modes will only have Easy and Normal. Unlocking the Hard and Extreme (is that even going to be playable?) modes will have the same method of unlocking as the single player mode. In case you're wondering, yes, these modes will have the same songs as well as the notemaps as the single player mode.

Give me opinions about my idea.

13. Seirei

Seirei Welcome to DIVA!

The multiplayer ideas sound amazing, the together mode sounds like something out of Osu, where players take turn beating parts of a certain song. As for the competition mode, the split screen thing sounds a bit off setting, no offense, I think it might distract/confuse players having split screens with buttons flying out of who knows where. Lastly, I suggest that the multiplayer mode be unlocked from the start, if anything, just unlock the high difficulty songs on single player mode. Overall, I like the ideas.

14. ReChii

ReChii Big Debut

It's impossible because they're both in different companies..

I agree. That way we can invite people to play this game >.<

you thought about this a lot, hope they realize this idea!

Wish they put some old songs ;-; like, you know, first song Travolta have ever made .. Pink Spider .. or Genjitsutouhi-P's Tenohira ..
    And I still don't like DLCs .. It's as if they hadn't earned much money from the BD sale ..
    This time, Meiko and KAITO indeed didn't get too much song, I only acknowledge ACUTE as a good song .. the rest of them are not that good ..
    I would appreciate if 3D mode is available when playing ..
    So many good songs, but only some of them were animated and made a beatmap (or whatever they are called).. ARiA is a good song, as well as 1/6 .. Why don't they sometimes make a game out of remixed songs?
    Next time when they release both versions (JP and US) I hope they will give a bonus, when we import JP save data to US version ..
    And am I the only one here who felt that PDF and Dreamy Theater have different artwork? I prefer Dreamy Theater one, because it's more natural, and their eyes .. unlike PDF which looks exactly like animated anime character (I don't dislike it though, it's indeed a good work)

said me after playing US version of PDF.

15. Seirei

Seirei Welcome to DIVA!

From what I've been reading, their bringing back quite a few old songs.
    DLC's are a given for any game in this day and age. In general, one never's buy a full game now a days, rather 60-70% of the game and the rest of it DLC.
    Meiko, Kaito, and the rest of the vocaloid need more songs
    Never got a chance the game in 3D, so I can't say a thing sadly ._.
    Depending how PDf does here in the US will determine if we get PDf2 here, if not then I'll glady import the game. As for a pre-order bonus, hopefully the US gets more than just DLC this time around.

16. PSI Gaming

I wish that they would add another song with the Two-Faced Lovers PV style.
    Viva Happy is perfect for this. Would be better if they added a PV mode with this style available for all songs in F2nd.

17. Suyo

Suyo Master of Unfortunate SAFEs
    Legendary Supporter

Website Maintenance, amateur Game Coder
    Home Page:
    http://www.greencouchgames.net
    I don't, all games I played with others were lag-free and awesome.

Also, the reason that multiplayer is most likely not in is that it's really, really useless. You can just play the song once, write down the score, let another person play it, compare the scores. There's no need to waste budget on a multiplayer mode if you can just do this. The co-op idea can be done similarly by just passing on the Vita. And if passing on is not your thing, it's actually already possible on PS3 (at least in PDF, don't know about Dreamy Theater) - just connect two controllers, and both will be able to hit notes. You'll just have to communicate with the other player to tell them when to switch. I think a synchronous multiplayer on PS3 would, in theory, work. You wouldn't even have to split the screen, just have the regular screen and display up to four ratings around a note. The problem however would be hitsounds. I don't know about you, but from what I know, most people rely on them a lot. If there are four hitsounds, some being slightly off, it might be confusing and sound weird. And disabling the hitsounds won't work either since some people need them.
    In summary: there is no direct competition. In games like FPS or platformers, all of you are in the same world and directly influence each others. In games like PD or Tetris, you are locked in your own little world where outside influence is impossible.

Let's get into Game Design. Game Design is really fun.
    PD and Tetris are, as described above, just a score competition. Which means without any influence of others, you play for the highest score. Sounds like singleplayer, because it basically is. This is the worst kind of multiplayer from a game design perspective. So how do we change that?

The way to make multiplayer a unique mode would be adding this direct competition. One of the simplest ways to do this would be the Tetris way. If you ever played one of the later Tetris games with other people, you'll know that A) you can send rows to enemies by getting doubles/triples/Tetrises B) you can use items on enemies. These two changes make the game, which would usually just be another score competition, thus was changed into a multiplayer game where you can directly influence your enemy. If we would apply this to Project DIVA, we would have something along the lines of A) "hit 30 COOLs in a row to lower your enemy's life gauge" B) "hit 100 notes to get an item, like muting your enemy's music for a few seconds, or activating a Challenge item for them". This is how direct competition is created.
    Another idea would be doing it the osu! way. With default settings, it's just a really boring score competition. The only thing making it some kind of direct competition is the chat, where you can trashtalk others, but obviously that doesn't really count. However, some months ago, the game added a function where people could activate mods just for themselves. This is taking advantage of the fact that the game is played on seperate screens, which would be applicable to the PD multiplayer we are imagining here (since local multiplayer wouldn't work due to hitsounds, as I said above). Due to the fact people can change the game just for themselves, the playing field can be balanced for players of different skill, or you can take a risk to increase the score. There is no direct competition, everyone is still only in his own game, but there is a way to change something around instead of just having a score competition.

Without something like this, people playing the multiplayer will just feel unable to influence the result, and that's a really, really bad thing. If you make the player feel they can't do anything, you have failed as a game designer.
    So yes, that's why we won't see a PD multiplayer in the near future, unless the PD team does something like I mentioned above, but I really can't see them doing it, mainly for budget reasons. Because really, how many people would you play it with? How many people living close to you have both a Vita and import the games? That number is zero for me.

This post got a little longer than planned. By the way, little plug for Extra Credits, a web show which talks about game design every week. It's really interesting even if you just play games and have no interest in making them, because you will be able to look "behind the scenes" and find out why certain things are like that in the games you play.

18. superfury

superfury Welcome to DIVA!

I hope for a search option for the online edit data. It's a pain to look though 40+ pages to find a single song...

19. Dyspnia

University Student
    Now that some more info is released on PDf2, I thought I'd say something that's on my mind about the game (that I hope is changed):

The rest of the Vocaloids (anyone other than Miku) usually get around 2-3 songs, and while nothing has been announced for MEIKO (the best Vocaloid of all time |D), KAITO already has a song... a returning song... so he has around 1 song left. I'm all for the returning songs, but if half of a Vocaloids' songs is something we've already seen before, then I'm a little worried. (Please give MEIKO two+ new songssssss please? owo)

20. Wreather

Wreather Advanced Player

I agree. I wish everyone besides Miku got more songs in general, either by making the track list longer or giving Miku less solo songs. I doubt that would happen since the game is called HATSUNE MIKU Project Diva, but I can dream.

Anyway, two small things and one big thing I hope for that I thought of recently concerning the Kagamines: 1) I hope Len gets at least one module where his hair is down. I just think he's so friggin' cute/handsome like that. 2) I hope Rin and Len get matching outfits again, like Stylish Energy or the Gemini and Remote Control modules etc.

The "big" thing I hope for is that, if there are more than one Rin/Len duet, I want at least one of them not to be romantic. And if there's only one Rin/Len duet, I REALLY hope it's not romantic.