1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

[PSN] Premium-Avatars in the JP-Store

Discussion in 'General' started by Tomyi, May 14, 2013.

1. Tomyi

Tomyi Newbie Player

For just 300 Yen there is a big package available in the JP-Store...includes 10 themes and 12 Avatars from the game

I want the PSN-Pictures so badly for my EU-Account...is there a chance that they will be released in EU or USA?

2. ChenMW

ChenMW Newbie Player

I have bought this, but i just can't choose which wallpaper to display to, rite?,
    because I only wanna see a certain wallpaper instead of keep changing lol

3. Tomyi

Tomyi Newbie Player

...this is absolutely right!
    You just can "choose" the PS3-Theme you want by clicking again and again on the "Design-Button"...
    (until your favorite background appears)...

But when you turn off your PS3 and start it again - there is another wallpaper on the display ("randomly")...
    I don't like this option...I would like to choose the "Theme" that I WANT !

...for more informations click here: http://miku.sega.jp/f/ps3/custom_avatar.html

4. Japes

Japes Advanced Player

If you buy the avatars with a Japanese account, can you use them with another region's account on the same PS3? I don't think it's possible, but I just want someone to tell me I'm wrong...
    (I want those avatars... ;-;)

5. Almeria

Almeria アイサレタイ
    Staff Member Moderator

Studying Media Science at Södertörn University
    Nope, you can't. I bought them for my Japanese account but I can't use it for my European one. I'm also annoyed by the fact that you can't choose which picture you want showing >.<

6. Japes

Japes Advanced Player

Blaaaargh. I think I have a few hundred yen left over on my Japanese account, too... Bummer.

7. Almeria

Almeria アイサレタイ
    Staff Member Moderator

Studying Media Science at Södertörn University
    Actually, I just noticed I could use Snow Miku on my European account so I checked to see if I could use the wallpaper. Turns out I proved myself wrong xD I can use the wallpaper but not the avatars, that's too bad :(
    I should've looked it up before assuming things :P

8. Darksidehearts

Darksidehearts A calm state of mind is proof of skill and mastery
    Staff Member

Assistant Psychology Prof. at USF
    Still, that seems kind of wrong that you cannot use them on another account. I mean I get the point, if you cannot get them through that region's store then you can't use them on that account.

9. Japes

Japes Advanced Player

I'm assuming it's not entirely done on purpose. Correct me if I'm wrong, but avatars are not stored locally like all other PSN downloads, they are merely applied to your account (thus, when you look at your account on any PS3 and go to the avatar selection screen, you will see the same ones available). Sony is generally pretty good about making other regions available, so I'm assuming this is merely an unfortunate side effect of the network's setup.

10. chaoelite

chaoelite I'll make you do the MikuMiku!

yeah avatars are tied to psn id sadly but you still have to download it to your ps3 to use :/

11. Daverost

Daverost Pro Player

Wow, ALL of that is only 300 yen? Nice.

And you can't use the avatars (I wish you could, as I would have bought the iM@S2 avatars a long time ago, even 360 lets you use gamer pics from other regions), but the themes will work just fine on other region accounts. I'm currently using a Japanese-exclusive Neptune dynamic theme for my NA account.

12. MikuHatsune

MikuHatsune ProjectDIVA.Wiki Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Home Page:
    https://www.projectdiva.wiki
    like Daverost said, PSN avatars are restricted to their regions. If you want to use a japanese avatar which isn't available on the US PSN, you just can't use it because it doesn't exist on the US PSN server. There are specific avatars which are availabe in multiple regions. Let's say a specific avatar is availabe in the US and the EU store and you bought it on the EU store, then you can use it also on the US account. The reason why you can't use the Miku avatars is that the avatars are saved on the servers, not on the PS3. The only thing which is saved on your PS3 is the information that you are allowed to use the avatar. Same counts for equipment in PS Home.

Themes are saved on your PS3 and can be used on any account and any region. Once you got a theme it's yours and you can use it whenever and however you want.

13. Tomyi

Tomyi Newbie Player

This is not true ! You have to buy the same avatar TWICE ! ;-) ...you must buy one avatar in EU and the other one in US...even if it is the same picture... :-)

14. Japes

Japes Advanced Player

I really wish the PSN avatar system were a little... friendlier. Even finding the option to change your avatar is a bit of a chore...

15. Darksidehearts

Staff Member

Personally, I wish you could just make your own avatar's and use them for your own account. I've never been a fan of pre-made ones and often you receive a rather limited variety.

16. Japes

Japes Advanced Player

Not to mentioning having to pay for premium ones...

17. Darksidehearts

Staff Member

Well...yes...there is that also...

18. Japes

Japes Advanced Player

All that aside, I would still be willing to shell out large sums of money for stinking Vocaloid avatars. Why, Sony, whyyyyyy...

Currently making do with my Journey avatar (which, I suppose, is one of the better ones out there).

I'm curious as to how this whole system will work with the PS4. I'm hoping they retain the ability to purchase content on multiple accounts for a single system (for the sake of digital imports). I know avatars are a minor thing, but if they are overhauling the entire system, as it seems they are attempting to do, then maybe foreign avatars will be a possibility.

19. Toadsili_T

Toadsili_T Newbie Player

Bought this pack without hesitation when I saw it up on the Japanese PSN Store a little while back. Since I pretty much use the PS3 as a makeshift DIVA box anyway, having some more DIVA themed backgrounds doesn't really hurt. :3