1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone else disappointed Project Mirai 2 if for the 3ds?

Discussion in 'Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai & Mirai 2' started by littleslayer15, Apr 23, 2013.

1. littleslayer15

littleslayer15 Big Debut

I have a 3ds, but Nintendo decided to region lock it for some reason so I can't import it. I also prefer to play games on my vita because I like to earn trophies. I just bought project diva f and I was looking forward to the next Hatsune Miku game, but it seems I will have to wait even longer. Don't get me wrong I am not tiring to start a fight with anyone about the 3ds it is a good portable devise but, I wish it wasn't region locked. Is there any chance Sega will port this to the vita?

2. Darksidehearts

Darksidehearts A calm state of mind is proof of skill and mastery
    Staff Member

Assistant Psychology Prof. at USF
    Most likely no, it's an exclusive to the system but what they might do is what they did with f/F/Arcade. Add songs from Mirai with it's own variation. You have to keep in mind that it's not only in Sega's control but it's in Nintendo's lead as well. So if anything it would need to be a deal with Sega, Nintendo and Sony which would be a very rare thing. As to why Nintendo region locked the device, well they had a huge issue with piracy back on the original run of the DS. Then again so did Sony with the PSP but in all honesty it's up to the company to deal with that kind of mess anyway they feel best. Like I said, there are some ways around a region locked device, most of them illegal and so it's not worth mentioning here.

3. ChenMW

ChenMW Newbie Player

This game have been out for 1 year and it didn't import so I guess won't happening anytime soon,
    I went and bought a japanese 3ds just to play Mirai...lol

4. Daverost

Daverost Pro Player

Those two things have nothing to do with each other.

5. saturnfireflie

saturnfireflie Big Debut

Well I wish they would release both mirai games for the vita.
    Then nobody would miss out on them.
    Or at least f/F versions of the mirai songs and modules..

Im not disappointed in the announcement - but Im disappointed I cant be included due to 3ds region locking

6. Darksidehearts

Staff Member

Well it was just a theory.

7. littleslayer15

littleslayer15 Big Debut

I would think region locking the device would make more piracy, since people can't legally play the games.

@saturnfireflie
    I agree with you completely

8. ChenMW

ChenMW Newbie Player

Agree with what you said, people will go to the extent of hacking if can't legally play the games.

9. Daverost

Daverost Pro Player

Yeah, it definitely encourages piracy and system hacking. The biggest reason I ever see cited for people wanting someone to break 3DS is so that they can play Japanese games.

10. MikuHatsune

MikuHatsune ProjectDIVA.Wiki Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Home Page:
    https://www.projectdiva.wiki
    they already hacked the 3DS and the region lock but everytime someone makes this trick public, nintendo releases a new firmware. Unfortunately my 3DS is updated to the latest firmware, but maybe some of you don't: http://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/Main_Page/Current_events

according to this website the latest firmware is 5.0.0-11 and the latest hackable one is 4.5.0-10 or lower.

11. littleslayer15

littleslayer15 Big Debut

I'm not a mod or anything so I might be wrong, but I think that link is agent the rules (if hacking your 3ds is illegal) I recommend you remove you post. Thanks for the link anyway.

Here is a link to the rules is you want to check them.

http://wwww.projectdiva.net/rules.php

12. Darksidehearts

Staff Member

Well since Miku is an "Admin", I guess the rules don't apply for him XD

I'm just kidding, I would have advised you to look up other sources for exploits and hacking information via a PM. It is nice to see other members point out the rules though, you don't see that too often in forums now a days.

13. littleslayer15

littleslayer15 Big Debut

Yeah I didn't know he/she (I don't know if there is a way to seen gender) was an Admin, Sorry about that Miku you probably know the rules best. I really got to learn to read the information under their Avatar.

14. Darksidehearts

Staff Member

Hey, it's good that you made a note of it though.

15. littleslayer15

littleslayer15 Big Debut

16. MikuHatsune

Home Page:
    You forget that you need to hack a psp to use custom dlc for project diva and translation patches ;)
    Hacking a console isn't illegal but piracy is. The companies like Nintendo or Sony just don't want people to hack their consoles because of the piracy possibilities, but there's no law against hacking. Hacking consoles also gives you more freedom like using homebrew software, plugins (like the translation patches), transfer screen video to PC (like RemoteJoyLite for PSP) to make YouTube videos and stuff, or using features the console COULD do but Nintendo/Sony doesn't let you (f.e. using Linux on a PS3 or playing video DVDs on a Nintendo Wii). The only illegal thing is if you play games you don't own, that's why we don't support project diva Iso-files for example.
    By hacking a 3DS you get the possibility to play games from any region on your console. Playing Japanese games on an US or EU console was never illegal, you were even able to buy "any region loader" discs by ActionReplay or other companies in stores.
    Or what about jailbreaking an iOS-device or rooting an android phone? Almost everyone is doing it, it's not illegal. What the developer of the device wants is another thing.
    Last but not least: keep in mind it's legal to play ISOs or ROMs as long you own the original game. Using ISOs on my PSP gives me the possibility that I don't have to switch my UMD discs every time I want to switch the game. But since we can't see if you own a game and use an ISO copy of it or if you just use a pirated ISO I have to repeat: We don't support ISOs.

17. Daverost

Daverost Pro Player

I've never hacked one of my systems before because I've never felt like I've needed to, but I swear if there's a sustainable region-lock break that ever comes out for 3DS that isn't really "fixable" then I'm immediately jumping in on it. Leave it to Nintendo to be the first ones to region-lock handhelds after they never have been and as other companies are moving away from region locks on consoles for the first time.

At least I still have an older DS that isn't region-locked so I can play iM@S: Dearly Stars...

18. MikuHatsune

Home Page:
    region lock on 3DS only appears for 3DS games. you can still play japanese DS games on an US/EU 3DS.

19. infinity

infinity Little traveler

This will mean for me more time to play Project diva F :), and it seems that the gameplay will be very very very close to usual PjD games, a kind of mix between arcade and f...

20. Daverost

Daverost Pro Player

Only if they don't have DSi features. If they have DSi features, they're locked. You need a DS or DS Lite to play DSi feature DS imports (which means you can't use those features).