1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

Project Diva PSP Beta

Discussion in 'General' started by Voc@loid, Aug 11, 2019.

?

Do you think this exists

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    90.9%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. Voc@loid

Voc@loid Welcome to DIVA!

ive been interested about the History of Project diva and came across a Beta Version of the very First Project diva and all facts i have are
    -there exist a few copies
    -they were only handed to some people
    -Oster Project KZ Ryo etc were contacted to make some Songs for a scrapped Story Mode
    -the only Songs i saw that had a Beta PV are voc@loid in Love and strobo night
    -it wouldve featured a Story that was then used for X
    -there exists a Song that wouldve been implemented by the Name of "flowers for you Songs for me" by Re:nG
    -there existed an earlier Version owned by dwango(?)
    -miracle painting black Rock Shooter and the original PV for good night Last night wouldve been used
    -(Screenshots) the First one Looks Like nostalogic but its miku
    -The second one would Always come If you Put a great "Performance" in-game
    -voc@loid in Love Beta PV wouldve featured 4 hachunes
    -this one Looks Like a Beta of world is mine (notice: all of the stages are Low quality)
    -if you perfected a Song it wouldnt say perfect it would say great
    -this Song is unknown to me it seems Like a Stage for an Oster Project Song but i seriously Dont know
    I dont know If These facts are true so i wanted to ask some of you HatsuneMiku-ProjectDiva008.jpg 080829miku06.jpg hatsune-miku-project-diva-8.jpg hatsune-miku-project-diva-img400886.jpg 080829miku08.jpg 080829miku03.jpg

2. Voc@loid

I forgot to Adress the Beta flying notes

3. Voc@loid

And Pictures were taken From Unseen64

4. cartman_zero

cartman_zero Big Debut

human medicine student
    Home Page:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLx28e9BPgOOKW-dVA0QEog
    if exists few copies of beta version... we will have the iso file... no no no no no...we need the ISO file... R I G H T N O W .____. (happiness noise). My life it´s complete, i think :/

5. Darksidehearts

Darksidehearts A calm state of mind is proof of skill and mastery
    Staff Member

Assistant Psychology Prof. at USF
    Honestly, it's just one of those things that will be discovered with time. I mean, look at the Dreamcast scene, a lot of games have been discovered over the past few years. Many of them cancelled, some in early development. All we need to do is wait for a Beta of the original Project Diva to fall into the right hands, and, kindly upload an ISO dump for us to play. Again, it's a matter of time but I do feel it will happen one day.

steelpuxnastik likes this.
  6. steelpuxnastik

steelpuxnastik SHINSANWASWITCH is ready and working!

useless piece of shit
    Home Page:
    https://www.instagram.com/jandevalua/
    May be, this can sound rough, but as far as we all see progress of development of may aspects of the game in case of changes from one part to another, beta of first project diva really has almost no value other than archaeological, I mean if you really dug it up, found something interesting or really unique (like unique song that was newer else sooner?) - thats great, or even better, if this can be converted as DLC to some newer games - that's good, but in all another cases I think no reason to touch this, espectially if you just want to play. If to play - better to play something newer, because it's better in all senses. If to say simpler: "can be watched, but better not touched by hands".

7. Darksidehearts

Darksidehearts A calm state of mind is proof of skill and mastery
    Staff Member

Assistant Psychology Prof. at USF
    Yes, that's a fair point. If anything, it would be good for the historical value of the game more than for the playable value. I had forgotten about that. The discovery should not be just to have a chance to play it. Not to bring up the Dreamcast again but, Agartha was a game never released or even finished for the system that you can now download and run through emulation. You cannot "play" this game in the traditional sense. You can only walk around some small areas that have been seen in articles, pictures posted long ago. In reality, it's only a glimpse of what could have been. It was a great discovery for those who were curious but you understood that there was nothing beyond that.

Value a discovery for what it is, not what you want to do with it. The mystery of that game, Agartha, was fascinating to me for many years and once I finally saw it with my own eyes, there was great value in the experience and I could be at peace knowing that something wasn't truly lost to the ages or forgotten. To see the time and effort put into someone's work, that was the joy of it. If there were to ever be a Project Diva beta found somewhere, it would be good to explore if only the gain knowledge or understanding of early concepts; perhaps even find something nobody else has seen or heard before. But yes, we shouldn't hope for it; just with the desire of playing it.

steelpuxnastik likes this.
  8. steelpuxnastik

steelpuxnastik SHINSANWASWITCH is ready and working!

useless piece of shit
    Home Page:
    https://www.instagram.com/jandevalua/
    Yes, totally agree, the first is the pure interest and enthusiasm: if it's exist - surely something interesting can be found in there. But in this case, I want to see it too :)

9. jbvk112

jbvk112 Welcome to DIVA!

Have attempts to contact SEGA been made? I don't think they'd have this version because Dingo developed the first three games with SEGA being the publisher, maybe SEGA can give us more information.

We could also contact Dingo, but they filed for bankruptcy in 2017, so it's unlikely they have it anymore sadly. A friend of mine got in contact with a specific someone who commented on this page [https://vocaloidism.com/2008/09/13/hatsune-miku-project-diva-demo-leeked/], and they told that back in 2008, the demo was leaked on the site SHARE and their friend happened to snag the beta before it was taken down. However, their friend refused to reupload and send to them because they were afraid of legal repercussions.

Thankfully now we know that one of the rumored .iso files is fake, I've also heard it was on the PS store for some amount of time but there's nothing to confirm it. Hopefully this is found one day, it looks super different.

k3iq likes this.
  10. k3iq

k3iq Welcome to DIVA!

When did your friend contact the person in the comment? I don't think Sega cares if someone in 2022 shares the demo of a psp game from 14 years ago, plus Sega doesn't care about Project Diva anymore, they're currently more focused on Project Sekai.

11. yanisretro

yanisretro Welcome to DIVA!

I think it's a pity that he/she doesn't want to share the file because it is so sought after and coveted by the community.
    hoping that this will change so that we can preserve this important relic.