1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

PSVita PS Vita physical games discontinuing 2019

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Zac Wood, May 17, 2018.

?

Is this upsetting?

1. Yes, because it’s the Vita

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No, because no one cares

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Zac Wood

Zac Wood Staff/Fortune Teller/Lucky Guesser/Spam Buster
    Staff Member Moderator

Family buisness, a Family matter.
    I have not much to say outside of “hail to the Switch”. To note, If you want your physical copy of Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F/F2nd, now’s the chance.

2. Zac Wood

Staff Member Moderator

I would talk about Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA X, but that’s a controversally ’Xcruciating’ topic in and of itself...

3. Bad Egg

Bad Egg Project DIVA on Nintendo Switch plz!

Tsar of Mikutopia
    Home Page:
    https://soundcloud.com/zar-party
    It's sad that the Vita lost against the 3DS in all points... Except hardware power. lol
    True, I liked the 3DS more due to Project mirai, Pokémon and the good old Miiverse days. But I think that a Vita is more satisfying for rhythm game and JRPG fans. A shame that no one knows of this JRPG paradise. Those special memory cards ruined it for me because I live in Europe - that continent where Vita memory cards have died out and physical Vita games are as limited as the handheld itself.
    I have Persona 4 DAN physical and one 16GB card that all Project DIVAs and Black Rock Shooter: The Game are on. Nothing has changed since 2016.

I would like to get my hands on another memory card and play Persona 4 Golden, Hyperdimension Neptunia PP and Uncharted: Golden Abyss. And also to import Utakumi 575, Miracle Girls Festival, Owari no Seraph and Caligula Effect.

4. Zac Wood

Staff Member Moderator

It’s also sad that SONY has no plans for a PSP3. (or anything with a better name) If there was a new Project DIVA series game, the PS4 won’t make that great of an impact, since Project Mirai DX was the better-seller this generation, I can see the latest game on Switch. (what can I say, I am probably the only guy going deep on the topic and leaving SOME mark) On that physical collection of yours Bad Egg, good luck.

5. Bad Egg

Bad Egg Project DIVA on Nintendo Switch plz!

Tsar of Mikutopia
    Home Page:
    https://soundcloud.com/zar-party
    I don't want a Vita successor to happen. SONY is just not able to produce decent handhelds anymore IMO. Only if they made a Switch clone and called it PS5, it would have potential, but I doubt they would ever do that. Smartphones have almost disrupted the handheld market and, nowadays, only Nintendo is able to survive in this market.
    Zac, you are by far not the only one who wants Project DIVA Switch to happen. Just look at my title. It's the first thing that I thought of when I saw that I could have a custom title in these forums.
    I have praised this idea in the Project mirai DX communities on Miiverse back in the times when we didn't even knew what a Switch was and it had its development title "NX".
    When I see that all kinds of Neptunia, Touhou and other game series from the Vita become active on the Switch, it gives me still hope that Project DIVA will follow.