1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Hardest Songs In Future Tone?

Discussion in 'Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Future Tone' started by Mullet345, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Mullet345

Mullet345 Advanced Player

For those who have played most of the songs on Extreme/Ex Extreme, I was wondering what you think are some of the hardest songs in the game (across both Future Sound and Colorful Tone)? It doesn't have to specifically be for the ☆ rating so feel free to say why you find the songs to be hard to clear or get a Perfect on.

2. YukiAmi

YukiAmi Big Debut

I think the extreme chart for Hatsune Miku no Shoushitsu is probably one of the hardest in the game, mainly because of the multi-notes near the end.

3. mikusphere

mikusphere Big Debut

I haven't played all the charts yet but after playing a majority of them in EX/EXEX, I can say Disappearance EXEX is definitely one of the hardest songs. It is still perfectable with a lot of practice. And I mean A LOT. XD

Saihate Extreme is also in my hardest song list with its flurries of multi-note.

Surprisingly, I find Intense Voice not that hard compared to Disappearance EXEX. It's still hard nonetheless, but if you are Taiko no Tatsujin player and can play its 9 or 10★ songs, you can hit the triplet stream easily. The stairs and inverse stairs can be hit by rotating directional key clockwise 4 times starting from 〇, then counterclockwise 4 times starting from △. Of course you have to learn the timing for it to work. XD The rest is doable by macroing ✖〇 and △▢ into the shoulder/triggers.

Denparadigm is also hard but not that crazy compared to Disappearance and Intense Voice.

4. CapitalHat

CapitalHat 唐傘さんが通る

#4 CapitalHat, Aug 10, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
    I've only played about 5 or 6 songs on Extreme so far, but I like watching my brother play it, since he can actually do fairly well at the game.
    I have no idea what this song is called, and I cant really make out the kanji in this picture to pin-point it on the Wiki, but this is the hardest-looking song I have seen out of the ones I have seen my brother play. But as I'm assuming people either know the song, or have better information-gathering skills, the name of it would be appreciated!
    [​IMG]

5. Kari

Kari Intermediate Player

the song is called "Denparadaimu". i would translate it as "Den Paradigma" (i don't know if that's correct though).
    it's along with NegaPosi Continues the hardest song for me becuase it's so fast.

CapitalHat likes this.
  6. CapitalHat

CapitalHat 唐傘さんが通る

Oh, thank you! I knew I had this somewhere on my computer due to my brother putting EVERY SONG from every Diva game into an old MP3 player I had, so I knew I would know the name of it, I'm just not good at matching a songs name to the sound.

The name that my brother called it was "Den Paradigm"

7. Violesense

Violesense Welcome to DIVA!

Hello! This is Violesense, and I decided to make a list on which songs I find hardest, and why. Enjoy the list, your opinion would be greatly appreciated as well!

16. Grumpy Waltz (Extra Extreme, 9.5✰). I'm only including this on the list because of its very hard ending part. The spam notes go in a very difficult order, so you will either need tons of practice, or extra-fast fingers. The rest of the song, however, is quite easy.

15. Saihate (Extreme, 9.5✰). I think this is the most notorious case in which the Extra Extreme version of a chart is easier than its Extreme counterpart.
    Quite easier, to be more precise...
    This Extreme chart is multiple note hell. What a slow and charming song this is, why taint it with such a difficulty?! Well, it's very fun to play. This is the only song I have perfected on this list aside from one other, and you really need macros to master it. If you can perfect this with no macros, then you're the newest Project DIVA Legend. Congratulations!
    The end is just so full of multiple notes that you won't be able to read it just like that. Your brain simply won't process it quick enough, unless you're superhuman. With a lot of practice, though, it's certainly possible! Train those multiple notes!

14. Rin-Chan Now! (Extreme, 9✰). Heck, what a cute little song. It's probably so easy...! Or well, perhaps not. The difficulty mostly comes from its high speed, and from its strange double note placement at the end. It's good training for higher difficulty songs, though, so give it a try!

13. Iya Iya Seijin (Extreme, 9.5✰). This song speeds up its tempo two times. At the end, it's just a big double note mess that is hard to read and even harder to play. You need fast fingers for this chart, so go warm those fingers up!

12. Paradichlorobenzene (Extreme, 9✰). While writing this, I can't help but wonder: Just why is this only 9✰?! It's definitely the hardest chart of that star rating. The end has a lot of double notes at spam speed, and you either need super fast fingers or super thick fingers for this. I had a lot of trouble getting a Standard even though it's just nine stars. Well, it's time to eat! Thicken those fingers up!

11. Requiem For The Phantasma (Extra Extreme, 9.5✰). After tons of practice, I finally got that perfect on this chart. And by tons of practice, I mean it. If you were to ignore macros and play this song raw, then the difficulty of it will probably be that of The Intense Voice Of Hatsune Miku, or maybe even harder. It has so many weird triple and quadruple notes at the end, and it requires so much practice. For this, I recommend △□x for L1 and □x○ for R1, and quad note macros for your L2 and R2 triggers.

10. Sadistic.Music∞Factory (Extreme, 10✰). This song is hard. Yes, very hard... But I feel like it could have been even harder. Most people perfect this song with little trouble compared to the rest of the 10✰ charts, and that's probably because the triplet zone isn't so hard here. Well, it sure has many spams and weird note patterns, but with practice it ends up being quite doable.

9. 2D Dream Fever (Extreme, 10✰). "2D Dream Fever? But it's so easy!", is what you may be wondering. Yes, it's not that hard of a song. However, right before the BPM changes for a second time, this time dropping, there's a fast spam. A very fast spam. In fact, I am fairly sure there is no spam faster than that one. It just consists of 16 notes, but the spam is so fast and so difficult to master, that it will probably make you drop out many times. Oh, and it will also probably ruin that 605 combo you got up to that point.

8. NegaPosi*Continues (Extreme, 10✰). This song is fast. Yes, very fast. You'll probably see yourself alternating between notes in your controller because using only one thumb is too difficult for such speed. It has a rotating spam that's very difficult to master, so that might ruin your combo. Oh, and there's a harder part; Right before the solo which would be the star technical zone in Project DIVA F, there's a very confusing part which troubles most players. It's difficult to read and to play, so I recommend a lot of practice on that specific part.

7. Po Pi Po (Extra Extreme, 10✰). Who had the stupid amazing idea to make Po Pi Po, such a cheerful and happy song, a 10✰?! Well, I guess the SEGA employees were bored, so they decided to make a slider hell just for the fun of it. Officially the song with most slide notes in the game, its chart is confusing and very hard to read, so you need a lot of practice to even pass it. However, it's such a fun song and its chart is so entertaining that it's not so painful to play... For the first hundred attempts, that is.

6. Gothic and Loneliness ~I'm the very DIVA~ (Extra Extreme, 10✰). I think this is the only song that has double and triple note spams that only consist on double or triple notes. If you're playing with a DualShock 4, you might want to use macros... Unless you want to break your controller, or suffer from the DROPXOUT disorder. If you are smart with macros, it certainly isn't so hard, but getting those holds will be a pain. It's fun to play, though, and it goes nicely with the music, compared to its Extreme counterpart.

5. Two-Sided Lovers (Extra Extreme, 10✰). Honestly, I'm wondering why the Extreme chart is a 10✰. Sure, it's hard, but it goes rather awkwardly with the music in some parts, and just doesn't deserve the 10✰ rating whatsoever. The Extra Extreme, on the other hand, it spam hell. It goes so well with the music, and it includes double notes in spams in such a crude manner, that it definitely deserves its 10✰ rating. This is the only 10✰ Extreme song to have an Extra Extreme version, and boy, it sure is an improvement!

4. World's End Dancehall - Live Dance Edition (Extreme, 10✰). Boy, this song is so much harder in this game than in Project DIVA F. The chart is absolute madness; double, triple and quadruple notes everywhere. You have to memorize everything, and you absolutely must use macros here unless you feel like failing on purpose. Another great thing is that it doesn't have any slide notes... Or is that bad? We... We might get an Extra Extreme for this song! Or maybe not... Who knows?!

3. Denparadigm (Extreme, 10✰). I have quite a decent score in this song too, with a 95% Excellent grade. However, that's just practice, since the song is so fun.
    Yes, the song is so fun that it makes it easier to master. However, the BPM is quite fast, just around that of NegaPosi*Continues, and the end has a ton of spammy notes. Very fast spams. Gotta warm those fingers up!

2. The Intense Voice Of Hatsune Miku (Extreme, 10✰). Many people find this to be the hardest song in the game. I do not think this anymore since my best run was that of barely 8 mistakes. It's a very fast paced song at 200BPM, and the very final stretch of notes (which would be around 88 notes, I think) is very hard to master. Opposite triplet notes, rotating spam notes, and then double notes at spam speed. Well, what could go wrong?
    It's the sort of song that leaves your practice mode ON for over thirty minutes with no progress.

1. The Disappearance Of Hatsune Miku (Extra Extreme 10✰). This is the hardest chart in the game, in my opinion. Let's see... The chart starts off easy. Very easy, to be honest. It's a very easy chart until the very end... The last 10 seconds of the song are a very long stream of multiple notes, with very weird note placements. You have to press the buttons very fast, so it doesn't matter at all if you memorize the chart. It's easy to get a decent score in it (unless you drop out at the end), but perfecting it is absurdly hard. Far more difficult than Intense Voice, in my opinion.

There you have it! My top-16 hardest charts in the game. If you think there's a song missing, or if your opinion differs from mine, please let me know! It looks like I got carried away writing this comment. I guess I just couldn't help myself!
    P.S. Add me on PSN! I need friends. My PSN username is "Violesense." :)
    Up until next time!

8. Kari

Kari Intermediate Player

Well, I agree with most of the obove ^^
    In my case, songs like Negaposi Continues and Denparadigm are impossible. I just can't play songs that fast and I can't imagine someone getting a perfect on them.
    I think Parajikurorobenzen (I can't write the english name :D) and Grumpy Waltz aren't that bad. And Saihate is just...overdone? Like, meant to be hard but absolutely not fitting for a song like that (like you said).
    I would add Francisca to the list. Yes, the song itself isn't very difficult but the spamming part at the very end always kills me. Not because it's hard, I'm just too stupid to get the timing right. Even after playing it almost a hundred times by now, I don't get it.
    But that's just my problem I think ^^

9. WWEdeadman

WWEdeadman Master of the 1 Safe

Chemist, Twitch Streamer, YouTuber
    Home Page:
    http://www.twitch.tv/WWEdeadman
    Well, I haven't managed to clear any of those 16 above. Pretty accurate list. Most of those have insane multi note patterns that are already next to impossible to read, let alone play. Even with using practice mode.

10. Violesense

For charts like NegaPosi*Continues and Denparadigm, I mostly recommend you to alternate between thumbs for spams. If you're struggling with them, try practicing the 9.5✰ version of Senbonzakura; pretty tame difficulty, and perfect for training those spams! In Paradichlorobenzene, for me at least, it's very easy to get a few safes because of the spammy notes at the end. And, in Grumpy Waltz, the very end is a screw-up too if you haven't practiced. Saihate is indeed overdone, but for me that's great! It proves even slower songs can be difficult sometimes :)
    Francisca... Yes! Francisca in, indeed, very hard. I hadn't thought about it when making the list... But, just like most songs, only the very end is hard. I recommend you to listen to the song many times, since the piano section and the end is a bit confusing to understand at first, and I recommend you play songs like Requiem For The Phantasma (Extra Extreme), since they have crazy spams in them too that can help you practice those mean spams for Francisca. In the end, every song has its own hard part... As long as you practice that part, your score on it will rise every time you play! :)

11. Mullet345

Mullet345 Advanced Player

Think Liar Betty Extra Extreme can be added to the list as well. Song seems pretty easy till you hit the first lot of fast spam, and then the ending just screws you over. I've tried so many to get the first spamming part flawless but can never get it done (and likewise with the ending). Makes you wonder if the spam notes done as eighth notes.

12. WWEdeadman

Home Page:
    Standard spams are something you get used to, if you play them a lot. Helps if you played other Project Diva games before FT. I've played tons of F2nd edits, for instance, and those sure have mostly spammy stuff. Heck, I perfected Intense Voice in Dreamy Theater 2nd. I also almost passed the Baka wa Anomaly ni Akugareu Edit by hisokeee the other day. (I was literally half a grade point off Standard)

So yeah, just keep on playing, and you'll eventually get used to it. F2nd Edits really help with learning those spams.

I definitely can't get behind in FT multi note spam, like at the final part of Disappearance (Extreme), and those absolutely unreadble multi note patterns, like at the end of World's End Dance Hall (Extreme), though. I mean, you could technically use macros for multi note spam, but I definitely don't have enough macro slots to get all the combos I need for Gothic and Loneliness (Extra Extreme) in there. How people standard, let alone perfect those charts is absolutely beyond me.

13. Violesense

Gothic and Loneliness ~I'm the very DIVA~ (Extra Extreme) looks impossible at first, but all you need is macros. What I do, at least, is put △□x for L1 and L2, and □x○ for R1 and R2; the later opposite note spams require you to use two fingers on one hand, and the other normal double note spams just need fat thumbs. Watch how Hisokeee did it, it's a very good base to start practicing. :)

14. Kari

Kari Intermediate Player

Fat thumb tactic doesn't work for me, unfortunately I have very tiny hands. Because of that I can't use the R2 and L2 Macro slots as well...I can't reach them properly :/ My fingers always slip off.
    Makes it additional hard for me. That's why I've given up the thought of perfecting (or even clearing) Disappearance and Gothic and Loneliness (ExExtreme).
    Still hoping for a miracle though :P

15. WWEdeadman

Home Page:
    I have the hands to do fat thumbing, but my controller only recogniozes that right like 25% of the time, for some reason. The controller works fine though, so I don't know. Also, if the first note happens to not be among those 25% the spam becomes unrecoverable. Like the game just says "Yeah, screw you then, I'll just mark all of these as wrong". I'd have perfected Disappearance on Extreme otherwise like 5 times over. It's essentially the same chart as in the PSP games, just with double notes thrown in after all.

As for the opposite side spams, I have no goddamn clue how I would switch from holding my controller normally to using 2 fingers for anything. Apart from the fact that I can hardly read what I'm supposed to play anyway on those spams.

16. Violesense

I don't have very big thumbs either so my tactic is to use the length of the finger. For this, you need to move your hand a little, which can be hard at first and uncomfortable, but it's essential to get those perfects. All four macros are essential too to perfect some songs, mainly Gothic And Loneliness ~I'm the very DIVA~ (Extra Extreme), since it's almost impossible to do with no macros inless you own an arcade controller, or if you play it in an actual Arcade. All in all, everything is just practice; Project DIVA isn't a series that only bases on speed, it needs a proper tactic as well, which makes the game all more enjoyable! :)

17. Kari

Kari Intermediate Player

#17 Kari, Sep 6, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
    Finger length doesn't work either :D
    I know, that's why I would love to buy an arcade controller. But the price is just insane, so...probably never.
    The only tactic that works for me is to play those songs 2 finger style (the whole song). It feels completely strange but works pretty well after you get used to it.
    Yeah, I know ^^ But honestly....right now I'm just frustrated. I used to play it all day but the feeling to never clear or perfect specific songs just makes me mad. Because I think not my skill level is at fault (surely when I started this game but not anymore), instead the person who thought of something this stupid. They could've set the notes more fitting for PS4. An arcade port is nice and all but with a DS4 it's just pure hell sometimes.
    Or drop the price for that arcade controller (would be preferable).

18. Violesense

I agree, some songs aren't very fitting for a PS4. But that's how it works, apparently... Practice after practice, the use of macros, and the correct usage of those thumbs, all sum up to improving in the game. Future Tone is, by far, harder than any other Project DIVA game, and we just must learn to get used to its difficulty. I haven't played as much lately, so when I played yesterday I was pretty rusty; Project DIVA is the sort of series where you need to constantly play to improve, because ignoring the game for too long will cause the contrary effect. :(

19. Kari

Kari Intermediate Player

Don't get me wrong, I like the new challenge ^^
    But like you said, you need makros and what am I supposed to do if I'm only capable of using 2 slots instead of 4?
    But on the other hand...since I saw hisokee perfecting Intensive Voice without macros so I guess it's not entirely impossible... :/

True, but fortunately your progress comes back pretty fast ^^

20. MIPI

MIPI Welcome to DIVA!

Home Page:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3LiFMteptdw_74BHGuGcSQ
    Guys I finally made to complete on Extreme Perfect "Sweet Devil" from Hachioji P. I had to use some macros, the triangle and X and square and circle on the two L1 and R1...

Here's the video