1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

vocaloid popularity going down?

Discussion in 'General' started by stratoside, May 3, 2017.

1. stratoside

stratoside Advanced Player

It feels like vocaloid in general (music, concerts, memes, games and etc) is kind of dying out

of course this is just what i feel, I don't have any real statics to prove it with.

I mean we do have that miku birthday thing coming up and magical mirai 2017, but that's been expected even before 2017.

No news on new games either, I guess it's cause we got 2 games last year.. but there isn't any new DLC for FT or X either.

i hope i'm wrong since i don't want vocaloid to be just a fad or a trend but a true culture

2. ajs2677

ajs2677 Newbie Player

Hopefully that's not the case. It's at an all-time high in my house, at least. :)

3. Kari

Kari Intermediate Player

#3 Kari, May 4, 2017
    Last edited: May 5, 2017
    I hope not, since the vocaloids are really important to me (despite the fact they're just programs) ^^
    I'm pretty sure they announce something about a new game or similiar news on Mikus birthday, 10th anniversary would be a great time for that kinda stuff. At least that's what I think and hope for :P

4. stratoside

stratoside Advanced Player

well i hope so.. i think vocaloid is getting slightly more attention in korea as well with the 2nd korean vocaloid that just came out this year (Uni)

5. Safros

Safros Newbie Player

So, a few months later looking back on Miku's 10th birthday I have to say that I'm still impressed by how big it was. While I do think a lot of the more regular Japanese fans started to lose interest in Vocaloid years ago, it does seem like it's increasing in some Asian countries like China and Korea. As for USA/Europe, I have no idea. Seems like a pretty good sized fandom though, considering how many English comments and views Vocaloid videos still get sometimes.

Regardless, I've been a fan for a big chunk of my life so I don't think I'll be stopping anytime soon.

6. Monds

Monds VNN
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator

CEO/Founder at VNN
    Home Page:
    http://www.vocaloidnews.net/en/
    I will say this as the one who runs VNN, I see the stats on a global scale. I assure you that it is doing anything but declining. It is growing significantly on a global scale. I assure you that there is nothing to worry about any time soon.

7. nofutur

nofutur IYA IYA!!

Home Page:
    https://nofutnoheya.wordpress.com/one-day-one-pic/
    I think Future tone and many other media help vocaloid to be discovered by people who don't know this style.

I discovered Project diva with the PS3 version (F) and I knew I would listened to Deco27, Wowaka... for a long time.

Last week I sold some of my old VK albums to someone who first listened to Kpop and move to Jpop and discovered vocaloid recently, I am sure all those ways, all those links will help this music to live.

8. Zac Wood

Zac Wood Staff/Fortune Teller/Lucky Guesser/Spam Buster
    Staff Member Moderator

Family buisness, a Family matter.
    When it goes down to Miku in particular; There’s been too much inconsistency in the cross-promotions, and piapro isn’t doing anything push Miku’s appeal anywhere beyond a niche audience. I kept toying on my Project DIVA Zero idea, and that I mentioned about Nintendo-centric branding and content, That’s what they need to do, Mario was prominent to represent Japan when teasing about the 2020 Olympics because of that character’s recognizion and appeal. If I had my bet; then they should had gave SEGA, Sumo Digital and SORA limited the go ahead to let her appear alongside pre-established and recognized characters like Super Mario, Sonic the Hedgehog, Kirby, Pikachu, you name it. That what I came up is what I call the “Super Smash Bros. Effect”, the reason why people had been begging for F-Zero, Star Fox, and EarthBound to return.