1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

News Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Future Tone

Discussion in 'Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Future Tone' started by BladeTH, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Faiyez

Faiyez Welcome to DIVA!

Sadly, that does not appear to be the case. This is being discussed in other places, but the basic reason why Arcade hasn't had any more updates is because they are done with it for now. Sega is retiring the machines from arcades. End of a era.

2. Mullet345

Mullet345 Advanced Player

So then, if updates come out they'll be for PS4 FT instead?

3. Faiyez

Faiyez Welcome to DIVA!

At some point, there was talk of bringing more content to FT past the first season pass. This would have been in-line with Arcade, of course.

My impression is that console FT depends entirely on Arcade.

4. Magical39

Magical39 Pro Player

Well people wanted a port of the arcade so bad. Now the Arcade Machine itselfs get shutdown, huh?

But welp, SEGA's decision, nothing to do bout it, haha.

5. Nekono Judai

Nekono Judai Welcome to DIVA!

more rin and len

6. YukiAmi

YukiAmi Big Debut

Is there a source for this? Checking the offical website, it seems like they're still holding contests and campaigns. They just had a campaign during Golden Week.

7. Faiyez

Faiyez Welcome to DIVA!

Hey YukiAmi. I don't know if there's any rule here about linking a competing site, so I sent you a PM.

8. MeowKitty15

MeowKitty15 Newbie Player

#768 MeowKitty15, May 7, 2017
    Last edited: May 8, 2017
    Can you PM me the link too? I've been trying to find the information about the arcade.

Edit: Thank you Faiyez :)

9. Kari

Kari Intermediate Player

A question to those of you who have an arcade controller for the game or at least got the chance to play with one.
    Is it really that much easier as with a ps4 controller?
    Whatever I do, Denparagigm, Negaposi Continues and Disappearance of Miku (Exex) are too fast for me and I seriously don't understand how people can clear or even perfect it. Then somebody told me I schould get the arcade controller because it should be no problem with it. But it's expensive as hell and I don't even know if that's true.
    I would appreciate some oppinions ^^

10. nofutur

nofutur IYA IYA!!

Home Page:
    https://nofutnoheya.wordpress.com/one-day-one-pic/
    I prefered to play on an arcade controller since I saw I was able to clear extreme songs and to perfect some (PD & PDF).
    I built my own controller (arcade stick size) only for FT and I really can see the difference on my precision (cool) on songs like Dance of many, levan polkka and all 8 stars hard or 7.5 to 8.5 stars extreme.

Playing with your own controller won't make you perfect all songs but it will help improving on fast ones. Now I must admit I often play with my PS4 controller on exex songs but if I want to have 90% of cools I need my controller.

11. Tomtortoise

Tomtortoise Welcome to DIVA!

I definitely find the full size controller to be easier for multi note presses on EX songs such as Rin Chan now and Nyan.

Project Diva arcade isn't fully going away fully any time soon, at least in the US. Round 1 arcades are still opening brand new stores with it. The Exton Square (Pennsylvania) location which opened Dec 2016 had it and the Hicksville NY location opening in a month or two will also have it. It sounds like the old game is being phased out for possibly a new version but in the US, it's growing.

12. Mullet345

Is it true that Diva Arcade will be having it's 7th anniversary this year? A tweet from Sega said something about it.

13. WWEdeadman

WWEdeadman Master of the 1 Safe

Chemist, Twitch Streamer, YouTuber
    Home Page:
    http://www.twitch.tv/WWEdeadman
    Yeah, the original Arcade released in 2010

14. Mullet345

I see. So Arcade lasted from 2010-2013 where it was updated to Arcade Future Tone, which is roughly 4yrs. Future Tone has lasted from 2013-2017, so I wouldn't be surprised if they did go ahead and update it to a 3rd version of the arcade cabinet.

Also, in that tweet it mentions "Modules and Items". I'm assuming the items are the accessories that we can use on the modules. If that's the case, it may mean Arcade will finally get some form of update (even if it's just for new modules and items). Just have to wait and see what ends up happening in regards to the 7th anniversary events.

15. Mullet345

Everyone, please check out this:

https://www.famitsu.com/news/201706/20135815.html
    Project Diva Future Tone DX. I believe that this will be the 3rd version of the arcade cabinet for arcade players, and the PS4 version will most likely get a update that will add new content and also have the name change. Can't wait to see what new songs and new EXEX charts will be added to FTDX in the future.

ajs2677 likes this.
  16. ajs2677

ajs2677 Newbie Player

This is exciting. I saw that article posted on Mitchie M's facebook this morning and immediately came here hoping for more info lol

17. Mullet345

Bit confused by some of the articles on FTDX. It says FTDX will have 237 songs, which is 127 FS/95 CT/12 DLC and 3 new songs. But doesn't FT already have 236 songs? The 3 new songs would make it go to 239 songs, so I'm really confused about this.

18. Kari

Kari Intermediate Player

A question regarding Future Tone DX.
    Will US/EU get the disc version of the game as well? I've read nothing about it so far. We'll get the dlc at least but since I was mad Future Tone was dlc only in the first place... I want to get it. Even if I'm paying full price for a game I already own.
    Just wanted to ask if you guys know more than me before I'm thinking about importing the game.

19. Faiyez

Faiyez Welcome to DIVA!

That's because there has been no announcement to that effect. As it stands currently we are getting DLC for the game version that already exists.

20. Mullet345

Finally, a new song has been confirmed to be coming to FTDX (and digital FT). Name of it is Sand Planet. So along with Ghost Rule, that's 2 new songs being added. Hoping at least 1 more will be announced, but we'll have to wait and see on that.