1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

News Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Future Tone

Discussion in 'Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Future Tone' started by BladeTH, Sep 15, 2015.

1. WWEdeadman

WWEdeadman Master of the 1 Safe

Chemist, Twitch Streamer, YouTuber
    Home Page:
    http://www.twitch.tv/WWEdeadman
    Yeah, Miku Miku Bacteria always had the chart be way too slow for the BPM. And I hate it for it. But they won't change that. It's a gimmick of that Song, just like they made a complete shit chart for Urotander in X, or random button switching of doom for Magnet.

2. Kari

Kari Intermediate Player

hi guys,
    i still have problems with the fast notes overlapping (i don't know how i should call them) each other.
    i press circle and the left button for example as fast i can in the right timing when the streak starts (the first note alsways gets a "cool") but it ends up totally horrible.
    the game always says the notes are bad and worse. i practiced 2-3 songs on extreme for a whole week but i just can't do it right.
    i just wanted to ask if my dualwielding is correct.
    because i think it is and i just need to practice more. it's just that i'm so bad at it that i could cry :D

3. WWEdeadman

Home Page:
    All i can say is that spam works the same in FT for me as it did in F and F 2nd. The only thing I can think of would be that you're just not used to the DulaShock 4 controller, and end up being off beat cause of that. It's a bit hard to analyze what you're doing wrong, without seeing you play.

4. mikusphere

mikusphere Big Debut

I think the reason you're having trouble dual wielding is because you have the directions wrong. XD

If you're trying to spam circle for example, it has to be, 〇→〇→〇 not 〇←〇←〇 (because this is the same as hitting 〇□〇□〇)
    You need to hit the direction key the same position as the face button.
    In this case, spamming with △ should be followed by ↑, ✖ then ↓, ▢ and ←.

Rule of thumb when dual wielding: always start the spam with your dominant hand (usually the right), unless you're ambidextrous where you can initiate either way.

For higher difficulty extreme songs though, there are many occasions that you have to spam different notes:
    Case 1: Starlite Lydian Extreme
    [​IMG]
    This one is easy, 〇〇□□✖✖△△ should be hit with 〇→□←✖↓△↑

Case 2: Blackjack Extreme (this is also present in Musunde Hiraite Rasetsu to Mukuro)

00:43 - 01:00
    □〇 □〇 □〇 □〇 □〇... when dual wield is:
    □→ □→ □→ □→ □→...

And a little bit later after that:
    ✖▢ ✖▢ ✖▢ ✖▢ ✖▢... when dual wield is:
    ✖← ✖← ✖← ✖← ✖←...

...and so on.

Case 3: Again at Blackjack Extreme (Pivoted Spam)

1:53 - 1:56
    △▢✖▢△▢✖▢△▢✖▢△▢✖
    △←✖←△←✖←△←✖←△←✖
    This is actually easier than it seems because your non-dominant hand is always hitting the ← and your dominant hand just alternates between the two notes.
    The only thing you have to worry about is the timing.

Case 4: Dance of Many EX Extreme (Stairs)

1:40 - 1:42
    〇✖▢ 〇✖▢ 〇✖▢
    This is actually hard until you get used to the timing.
    There are 2 ways to hit this. One is the easier way:
    〇↓▢ 〇↓▢ 〇↓▢
    It's easier to get the timing down but it puts a lot of stress in your dominant hand (and makes you more tired).

The other way is:
    〇↓▢ →✖← 〇↓▢
    This preserves your stamina but it is quite hard to get used to.

5. Kari

Kari Intermediate Player

i have the directions right, i just wrote left instead of right :D

i guess i just have to practice more ^^
    on certain songs (like blackjack) the notes are so fast that i hardly see them before i have to press them. i just can't imagine how something like this is possible to get a perfect score.
    i think my problem is that i'm not fast enough in these stupid parts. at least in slow songs i'm able to manage them somehow (without dying) ^^

but i will try to use the arrows and my left hand more from now on ^^ maybe i'm going to be faster this way.
    thanks again ;)

6. mikusphere

mikusphere Big Debut

You need to get a grasp of the timing first then. I recommend mastering hitting triples first... but I actually don't know of a song that features a lot of triples in FT.
    Maybe you can try Puzzle starting at 0:32. That is quite a slow song so it's a good place to get used to. It features a lot of triples and doubles in there.
    After that try Clover Club EX Extreme at 1:45 for faster triples.
    Then you can try Ievan Polkka Extreme. That one is slower but features a lot of spam notes.
    Good luck!

7. WWEdeadman

Home Page:
    If you wanna practice spamming, turn on the fail safe mode (top option on the menu after you select a song) and play Two Faced Lovers or Envy Catwalk on Extreme. That way you won't drop out, even if you hit nothing, and you can try getting the spam right. Another way would be using practice mode .

8. Walter-kun

Walter-kun Trophy Hunter Extraordinaire

Anyone have tips regarding the chord spams that don't involve control remapping? I've noticed that when the Extreme charts go chord crazy, they tend to follow some sort of pattern that I assume relates to how the buttons are positioned on the Arcade unit. Does anyone have tips for getting in my head how they're arranged so I can do them without having to focus too hard on them? They're making it nigh-impossible to do most of the Extreme somgs even when I can do fairly well on the parts that come beforehand (PoPiPo is a shining example of where the chord spam screwed me over).

9. Remiccino

Remiccino Big Debut

About the patterns of the multinotes (I assume this is what you meant) the wiki has posted about it on the Facebook page, link here

10. Kari

Kari Intermediate Player

all right, i will try it ^^
    i hated levan polka already in the extreme tutorial in f2nd but now it's even worse. i died after 10 seconds on my first try on future tone so it's going to be torture for me xD

and i have another question. it's nothing important, i just noticed that the song sayonara goodbye has a different pv movie on easy/normal difficulty as on hard/extreme.
    i was just wondering why is that? does anyone know?

11. PinkoStickLuv

PinkoStickLuv Advanced Player

Playing Project Diva
    5 Edit PV's including the one you mentioned have different PV's on easy normal/hard extreme because two editors won the edit contest for those songs. Link to video showing the differences between all five songs with different PV's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHt4RtDJ_xs

12. Walter-kun

Thanks! ^_^

I'll probably just remap the triggers and shoulders to replicate the arcade layout since I'm used to that kind of setup from playing Guitar Hero with a controller back on the 360.

13. Kari

Kari Intermediate Player

ah i see ^^
    thank you, i didn't know there was something like a contest for the edit stuff.

14. Nastix24

Nastix24 Welcome to DIVA!

Digital artist
    Mates, maybe somebody know is it possible to off song when in module menu? I find this a bit distracting

15. YukiAmi

YukiAmi Big Debut

I don't think there is anyways to turn it off. You're best bet is to just mute your TV, lol.

16. mikusphere

mikusphere Big Debut

^ That works. XD
    Yeah, I wouldn't try Ievan Polkka yet until you've got the timing down. XD That song is all about spamming notes.

As far as I know, you can't turn it off. :(

17. Nastix24

Nastix24 Welcome to DIVA!

Digital artist
    Haha yes, I think that's my option :D

18. YukitoIchijo

YukitoIchijo Big Debut

be careful not to roll the notes to quickly. try and dual widing the whole song. (forget about the score for now and the hold notes) just do the whole song left right left right though the whole song and it will help you get used to the change in rythem

19. Kari

Kari Intermediate Player

yes, i won't try the song again the next few days xD and when i'm trying to do it only in practice or survival mode ^^
    i played it just once and i was like "....okay miku just stop" :D

i'm practicing dualwielding on extreme at the moment ^^ it's pretty hard for me because i just played with my right hand before and barely used my left hand to play.
    i guess it will take me quite some time to get better at this ^^

at least i could clear out of eden now :D

20. Walter-kun

If you can clear Out of Eden (Extreme) (at least, that's what I'm assuming from what you just stated), you shouldn't have much problem with Ievan Polkka. I personally can't even get a Standard in Out of Eden because of the constant changing streams, but I've literally managed a 1 Safe on Ievan Polkka. Just get down the rhythm by listening to the PV if you have to.