1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

News Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Future Tone

Discussion in 'Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Future Tone' started by BladeTH, Sep 15, 2015.

1. GenKaidou

GenKaidou Intermediate Player

They arcade version always had harder versions of the charts. It feels like the console versions always held back with the difficulty.

2. MikuHatsune

MikuHatsune ProjectDIVA.Wiki Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Home Page:
    https://www.projectdiva.wiki
    hisokeee doesn't have any problem with the extreme and ex extreme charts. xD

3. WWEdeadman

WWEdeadman Master of the 1 Safe

Chemist, Twitch Streamer, YouTuber
    Home Page:
    http://www.twitch.tv/WWEdeadman
    OK, after playing all Hard charts here is my opinion so far: It takes a bit of getting used to, but I sure like the game so far. I can't read triples to save my life, and I screw up doubles too often as well, same for directions of slides. As for charting: Most Hard charts are, as per usual, undercharted AF, which causes me to safe and miss stuff cause I end up playing notes that aren't charted. Generally I haven't seen anything I'd consider completely stupid yet. Apart from the BPM changes in Absolunote, maybe. That throws me off like crazy.

Also, I don't have any problem hitting quads. I just press Triangle and circle with my right thumb, and down and left on the D-Pad. No problem.

Looking forward to playing through all the Extremes tonight on stream.

4. mikusphere

mikusphere Big Debut

Triples are very easy to read if they are laid out in horizontal orientation. If they appear as triangle on the left, they are △□×. And if they appear on the right of the screen they are □×○.
    These appear commonly as triples in Hard so it's good to get used to it. If you plan on mapping triples to your shoulder pads, map △□× on either L1/ L2 and then □×○ on either R1/R2.

Triples in vertical orientation are a bit difficult to read because of the position.
    But I still think the triples I mentioned above appear commonly in vertical orientation.
    [​IMG]

5. WWEdeadman

Home Page:
    Believe it or not, the ones on the screenshot you posted are easier for me to process than the triangles. And, no, I don't plan on using macros.

6. mikusphere

mikusphere Big Debut

Ah, well. My control setup is similar to the arcade controller layout (△□×○) so the horizontal orientation is a dead giveaway of what notes to push.
    For vertical orientation, I have to translate it to horizontal layout mentally, so it's not as easy.

But I guess if your control is not similar to the arcade (or not used to the arcade controller layout), then I understand you'll have trouble with the multi-notes.

7. Magical39

Magical39 Pro Player

But having no issues doesn't mean he will stand a chance in online highscoring.
    It is for sure ideal for getting perfect ranks overall, no doubt. But since PDA generally have tons of hold notes, you end up loosing against other players even with perfect, simply because you need to know first: How to Hold without messing up + Hold strategies. Sometimes you also loose score if you completely follow each Hold notes without thinking.

Sorry. I am kind of obsessed bout scoring <_< don't take me too seriously

8. YukitoIchijo

YukitoIchijo Big Debut

I cant do the game with the o x left arrow and up arrow.. I keep on thinking the left arrow is a slide note xD

9. StrawberryTofu

StrawberryTofu May destroy a nearby planet or 2 but such is life

I make beautiful men perform cute dances for me
    Triple notes and hold notes are also difficult for me to get used to. However, personally I like to make the L and R buttons regular buttons too like L1=square and such. It makes it easier on my fingers when there's many buttons to hold while other notes are still coming.

10. MeowKitty15

MeowKitty15 Newbie Player

Now that I've played a decent amount of the game I guess I'll put what I think of it. I really can't say much that's negative about the game, it's definitely exceeded my expectations which is quite something considering that were pretty high to begin with. I really like the increase in difficulty. I've always thought the console games were always too easy, but I can't say that about this. It's definitely the difficulty I've been wanting. I wanted something that made me feel like I needed to work at getting better, something to practice.

I really like the head swapping feature. Just changing the heads of modules makes them have a completely different look. There's so many possibilities now. I also really like that they added the option of using screenshots as the loading screen. I used to always take pictures and then use them as my background on the PS3, but you can't do that with the PS4. So it's nice that I still have a reason to take pictures.

There is one thing that I did notice though. Has anyone else found some songs that seem to have notes that are off? The vast majority are completely fine for me and they seem to have the right timing, but one song that seemed really off was World's End Umbrella. I noticed it right when I started playing it, and it's off pretty bad, for me at least. It seems like the notes are too late. But I don't see how the problem could be on my end because every other song (except maybe about 2 or 3 out of the 224 songs) are fine. Is it like this for anyone else or is it just me?

11. mikusphere

mikusphere Big Debut

This is why there are 2 way of ranking players in the arcade. One is based on your total grade (Perfect/Excellent, etc) and the other one based on your completion ratio. Completion ratio is heavily dependent on your COOL percentage and somewhat in hold scores,

I do think getting a higher score is harder than getting perfects in the Extreme difficulty because hold notes adds to the difficulty. In Hard difficulty it's different though, you need to purposely miss notes to maintain your hold and exploit the Hold bonus. But in Extreme, due to the note density, you will lose score that way If you weigh the score of the hold bonus vs. the notes that you missed + combo bonus + life bonus.Those high ranked players in the (Extra)Extreme scoreboard means they have played better than perfects, because they handled hold notes and hit as many notes with COOL (and probably not miss too much or your overall score will significantly drop).

12. MikuHatsune

MikuHatsune ProjectDIVA.Wiki Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Home Page:
    https://www.projectdiva.wiki
    you can change the symbols in the item shop. last option are game settings. classic symbols are symbol type 5.

13. tsumiki01124

tsumiki01124 Intermediate Player

So did anyone succeed in getting perfect holding score yet? I was late too the party :<.

14. WWEdeadman

Home Page:
    After trying to play through Extreme yesterday, and failing pretty much everything above 7 stars, all I wanna say right now to this is: HOLY HELL this is hard. Worst thing is, Hard is totally easy and undercharted for the most part, and Extreme kicks right to insanity% at 8 stars. I kinda feel like I'm playing insane edits, like hisokeee's and N1tr0t0m's, in F 2nd there. I guess time to finally get to that level.

(Also, just to clarify: I'm sot saying it's too hard. I'm just surprised by how much harder than F and F 2nd it is.)

15. Northernlightifly

Northernlightifly Newbie Player

I bought Prelude and it is said that it takes up 11gb and you get some new songs plus modules but for me nothing happened o.o has any of you tried getting it?

16. Asvel2572

Asvel2572 Big Debut

College Tutor
    If you already have the game in any capacity then you already have prelude, it's the base game and nothing functions without it. I didn't even think it was possible to get it again since you already own the full game. So no, there's nothing to be gained from attempting to get it as you already have everything it has to offer. It's impossible to play the game without having the content in prelude.

17. Chibiki

Chibiki Welcome to DIVA!

I failed through mostly everything as well! This game is a lot harder thsn F 2nd and pulls no punches at all.

Does anyone know if there's a way to turn on the little button guides (the ones that tell you which buttons to press as the notes come in) for Extreme? I literally don't have the ability in my brain to quickly press trio notes and even some double notes as fast as Extreme makes you. I'm assuming the trio/double notes are so fast that there wouldn't be time for button guides lol

18. Northernlightifly

Northernlightifly Newbie Player

Okay I see xD

19. YukitoIchijo

YukitoIchijo Big Debut

Short answer... No you dont get that in extreme mode only on easy normal and hard

20. mikusphere

mikusphere Big Debut

Like I mentioned in the previous post before, triples are very easy if they appear in triangle. You don't even need to look at the notes, you only need to see whether the triangle appeared on the left or right.

If they appear in vertical orientation, now that's different. XD I'm still struggling to get used to them. But I find that mapping individual notes to your shoulder button similar to the arcade controller really helped a lot during multiple notes. This way, you don't even need to look at the notes in the combinations on what to press; you just need to look at the position.