1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

News Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Future Tone

Discussion in 'Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Future Tone' started by BladeTH, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Dyspnia

Dyspnia Retired cDLC Creator

University Student
    For this game, I agree, not worth it. I ended up caving in and buying some for PDX though. Future Tone has a VERY doable system and it's not aggravating in the slightest to me. I like everything just being layed out and graspable.

2. Chibiki

Chibiki Welcome to DIVA!

Future Tone has been a blast so far and I can't wait to get Colorful Sound soon! CS has a lot of great and iconic songs (SING&SMILE, Nice to meet you Mr. Earthling, World is Mine, Romeo and Cinderella) that I'd love to play. And the day Kagerou Days comes to FT will be absolutely amazing. I can't remember seeing it in the game itself but looking at the game trailers, I'm pretty sure the module for Kagerou Days is in FT already!

This will definitely tide me over until Project Diva X comes out which I am totally hyped for now!

3. Kaon

Kaon シュープリーム

Thanks for the heads-up. Hopefully DLC will make it available in the future. Cheers.
    I agree, the VP for the modules are so cheap you can just buy them all by continuously playing the game.

Compared to module farming in X... Managed to get them all in a month's worth of effort and help. Thanks guys. ;3

4. unkai87

unkai87 Intermediate Player

For me, i preffer future tone gameplay to regular vita and ps3 project diva any day. This is much more complex and fun. The hold notes add a new layer of strategy and skill is required to hold buttons and keep playing as if nothing happen.
    I AM HAVING A BLAST! I love everything. Its like a dream come true of a game. Just so much content! and if they keep it updated for me is the definitive game. LOL. I am not kidding. I dont need another game XD. I will keep playing whatever project diva they release of course!

5. PinkoStickLuv

PinkoStickLuv Advanced Player

Playing Project Diva
    So how does the screenshots becoming your loading screen work? And how do you take a screen? Also will the menus be translated and put on the wiki?

6. ShinUkyo

ShinUkyo 魔法のユダヤ人

Don't worry, we all start off this way. You'll get better with practice! I've been getting lots of "Fines" myself today; since I haven't played for a while I'm a little rusty. Also getting used to the framerate on the PS4 version haha. (^_^) This game has very precise timing requirements, but there's also a lot of other factors that throw off the timing on top of it. There is inherent lag when playing music games on HDTVs (even games designed for them.) Then there's slight lag introduced by the audio output. The biggest culprit for most people is using DualShocks to play it. Wireless controllers always have a slight lag, but then Bluetooth is notorious for adding even more. It's not noticeable for most games, but for stuff like music games, fighters, or shmups (where frame-perfect timing can be required,) it makes a big difference.

I bought one of the Hori Project Diva Mini Controllers for PS3 after falling in love with the original PDF years ago. It makes a world of difference. Aside from being corded (which eliminates a ton of lag,) it's also a lot more natural when it comes to doing fast notes and etc. They are releasing a PS4 version of this controller in August when PDX launches. If you end up becoming hooked on Future Tone (which seems likely, it's so good!) then the PS4 Hori controller would be a good investment. In the meantime I've been using my PS3 Hori controller with CronusMax; it's a converter that lets you use any console's controller on any other console (without lag, too!) Working well so far, and it will tide me over these two months until the PS4 controller launches.

7. Kaon

Kaon シュープリーム

This game seems a bit off. It needs Seisoubakuretsu Boy.

8. MikuHatsune

MikuHatsune ProjectDIVA.Wiki Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Home Page:
    https://www.projectdiva.wiki
    I made some screenshots via Share-Button yesterday of the menus etc to prepare the menu translations. Just need to get back my USB stick back from a friend so I can copy these screenshots to the PC without quality loss.

9. unkai87

unkai87 Intermediate Player

When you are watching a PV there are 3 important buttons, im not sure which one is which right now but one, i think the triangle show you the menu, which buttons do what and let you toggle between menu, menu plus lyrics, just lyrics, no lyrics. Circle button allow you to stop the action, pause, and the square take a screenshot. You can take as many as you want. By default all these pictures go to your screenshots folder and will show up while loading. If you dont like one of the pictures you just go to screenshots and delete the one that shows up and you dont like. Its quite fun to see the images you like while waiting.

10. Northernlightifly

Northernlightifly Newbie Player

I ended up staying up to 1 o'clock in the morning playing FT and had to force myself to go to bed x'D simply put it I LOVE THE GAME <3 Best project diva game I've played so far (before this I have only played F2nd and Mirai). I love this kind of gameplay with the sliders, hold commands (especially that you don't have to use them unless you want to and if you do it's a fun way to challenge yourself) etc and the graphics are stunning it makes the vocaloids feel more alive than in the other games.

The only thing I don't like is how some songs has become more difficult on the hard mode that they almost feel like they are on extreme mode. I tried playing black jack on hard which I before didn't have any problems with on F2nd but on FT it's a lot harder and eded up dying x.x though I'm still pretty new with rythm games and need to improve more. I have sort of gotten the hang of using the "drum" method with using two buttons as long as it goes slowly xD

One thing I don't understand is when you buy the modules with the points, you have two choices on getting them. Has anyone figured out the difference? I only understand the third choice that says "preview" in katakana xD

Anyway love the game and I look forward to seeing more songs added. Especially Cendrillon, Amatsu Kitsune and matryoshka C:

11. PandaBaka

PandaBaka Welcome to DIVA!

To set the display area of the game screen to match the TV screen, select (Settings) > [Sound and Screen] > [Display Area Settings].

and if game screen still not fit all screen then restarts PS4 again.

12. Asvel2572

Asvel2572 Big Debut

College Tutor
    The second option is to buy and put it on at the same time. Instead of havimg to hit buy then pull up menu again to put it on.

13. chiso

chiso Intermediate Player

I have only one complaint and I only noticed that in one song til now because heck, I'm not near to finish the list at all.
    But in glory 3usi9 you only can play ONE charakter even tho there are 2 to change. but as soon as you chose one vocaloid you can't change it to another on on the secound one (you still can change the outfit but the vocaloid has to stay the same) WHY? that's stupid :( I mean it was possible in F2nd. I hope it doesn't happen in the other songs too. Because I kinda don't like it when there are two of the same vocaloids interacting haha. Ah well.

Anyways besides that OMG best Vocaloid game so far. I wish there would be more cute outfits for Rin and Len, but I will never have enough for them anyway! I'm so happy we're finally abel to play it!

EDIT: One of the buttons really became dlc!
    http://miku.sega.jp/FT/dlc/index.html
    I hope there's so much more to come!

14. MikuHatsune

MikuHatsune ProjectDIVA.Wiki Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Home Page:
    https://www.projectdiva.wiki
    Thanks for reminder, forgot to take a screenshot of that screen yesterday. Will do it today.

15. Northernlightifly

I see thank you! ^^

16. ValentineMeikin

ValentineMeikin Big Debut

The DLC is an unlock key for all the costumes and accessories, similar to how Project Diva X has one. Personally, not worth getting, since a good player will get more than enough Vocaloid Points just playing the game.

Also, it's not every song that has the Vocaloid 'duplicate', but some songs, like Two Faced Lovers, assume that the Vocaloid is in two places at once. It you see a tag in japanese underneath, think of the tags as reading 'Parent' and 'Copy'. If the tags are NOT present, you can change the modules freely.

17. Northernlightifly

Isn't Prelude going to be released soon? I checked the playstation store and didn't find it o.o

Also how's it going for you guys with FT? :D

18. ValentineMeikin

Something I will say about Future Tone is that it's both easier and harder than regular Project Diva, but in the way you'd expect.
    About a hundred of the songs do not have an 'Easy' option for completing them, and half a dozen don't have a 'Normal' option. However, as a trade-off, Hard works for every single song.
    A second time saver is that you don't need to unlock any of the songs, only the costumes, and Double Unlocking is absent, you have the full shop catalogue straight away (which is also why I find the DLC to be worthless) and unlock items with Vocaloid Points like on the actual arcade machine.
    There are up to three options for every song, A safety mode, which locks the life at 100%, but doesn't count the completion when calculating Rank or in the records, A challenge mode, which allows you to put one of three modifiers in place, which is graded separate to the standard completion, and Vocal Track. Vocal Track allows things like a 6-Vocaloid version of Senbonzakura F Edition, and use of alternate vocal tracks that appeared in Project Diva on PSP for some songs.
    Gameplay wise, it's identical in spirit to the Arcade version, so will have some very weird, on Normal or higher, button combinations.

And look for Project Diva Future Tone, don't look for Prelude.

19. YukiAmi

YukiAmi Big Debut

Press Triangle while watching a PV. I believe it's either Circle or Cross that pauses the PV, and pressing Square once will bring up a small help menu in the bottom right corner telling you what the buttons do, and pressing square a second time hides the lyrics.

20. ValentineMeikin

I will add that the vocals are automatically removed from the screenshots done this way.