1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

News Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Future Tone

Discussion in 'Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Future Tone' started by BladeTH, Sep 15, 2015.

1. StrawberryTofu

StrawberryTofu May destroy a nearby planet or 2 but such is life

I make beautiful men perform cute dances for me
    There is a new module confirmed for this game! (It's also going to be in X as DLC) I can't tell if it's DLC for this or not but it's based on the outfit Miku wears in Persona 4:Dancing All Night. It will be released on the same date Future Tone releases though. As someone who's also a fan of Persona, this excites me! You can see it here http://info.miku.sega.jp/?_ga=1.1848472 ... 1461024698

I find it so weird though, all the other new non-song specific modules are not in this game yet this one is.

2. GenKaidou

GenKaidou Intermediate Player

It's going to be part of the Colourful Tone pack (arcade/mirai). Does not say anything about a price, unlike X and Arcade, so I'm guessing it'll be a free update/part of the game from beginning.

3. chiso

chiso Intermediate Player

I thought the same. But maybe the packs will include even more than it says on the official site? lol would be too nice.
    But I'm getting more and more sure that the game will have dlcs. But I think it will come out in packs? Maybe all the monthly new releases for the arcades will be one dlc pack?

4. StrawberryTofu

I would hope we're getting more than what the official site tells us! They did add the P4D Style module to the site though so I doubt it. Maybe it will be updated later like it did with the module? I would hope so! I'm also wondering if Miku's song from Dancing All Night will end up in any Project Diva game.
    Having the update as one DLC pack sounds nice. I was hoping the songs and designated modules would be bundled into one DLC, buying them both separately seems so pricey. It doesn't seem likely though. If we do get those vocal change songs from Mirai, there would be so much modules to buy separately!
    There's still two songs from F 2nd not in arcade and it feels so awkward to not have them in on release day.

5. Zhao_Yun

Zhao_Yun Welcome to DIVA!

According to the blog it will cost 300 Vocaloid Points to unlock it. Vocaloid Points seem to be basically the same as Diva points in the other PD games.

6. unkai87

unkai87 Intermediate Player

yeah is that one! I didnt feel any lag... but i had to test it with a fighting game looking at the frames per second. I dont know how good will it be for future tone. I already pre ordered the pdx controller for ps4. I didnt get the mini for ps3 but i was so close to do it. just in case playing future tone with the tactic panel would be easier.

7. PinkoStickLuv

PinkoStickLuv Advanced Player

Playing Project Diva
    Anyone mind translating this?

"歴代アーケード版の映像を収めた「アドバタイズシアター」
    「初音ミク Project DIVA Arcade」シリーズの歴代アドバタイズムービーを鑑賞できる。収録タイトルは以下のとおり。なお、このムービーは本体アプリ『Prelude』だけでも鑑賞できる。
    ・『初音ミク Project DIVA Arcade』
    ・『初音ミク Project DIVA Arcade Version B』
    ・『初音ミク Project DIVA Arcade Future Tone』
    ・『初音ミク Project DIVA Arcade Future Tone with フォトスタジオ』"

It's from this article on Future tone PlayStation JP did https://t.co/sv3PF3qe3e I just want to know what they say about the game's past versions.

8. Zhao_Yun

Zhao_Yun Welcome to DIVA!

It only says that there will be a section called "Advertisement Theatre" inside the game in which you can watch the Trailers/PVs for these past titles:

・『初音ミク Project DIVA Arcade』
    ・『初音ミク Project DIVA Arcade Version B』
    ・『初音ミク Project DIVA Arcade Future Tone』
    ・『初音ミク Project DIVA Arcade Future Tone with フォトスタジオ (Photo Studio』"

9. unkai87

I just watched the PS4 trailer of XHD and i must say it looks nice... but still... I kind of love future tone modeles FAR more. I wonder what you guys think about this. I hope they release in ps4 future tone everything that they release in arcade.... even if its months later. I dont mind as long as we get there.

10. GenKaidou

GenKaidou Intermediate Player

I prefer Future Tone's models much better than the console models as well, there's just way too much detail, texture and lighting, and of course, the one thing that makes it the clear winner: hair animations. The console models have their own charm, sure but the rigid hair bugs me everytime.

11. unkai87

I completly understand about the hair and detail. I play console versions on the go. And on VITA is impressive. But once you port that to ps3 or ps4... not so impressive. So at home I play dreamy thater 2 or extend with the big controller.

There is one thing that bug me... since the first time that I played arcade and then dreamy theater and came back to console I notice mikus necktie was somehow... glued to her outfit on console versions. I dont know why it bugs me so much. When I play I dont even realice it. But when I look a trailer or I am looking at details comparing versions... that always bugs me a lot.
    And the hair.

I heard once that they said that arcade FT models look worse or less expresive. I heard this a lot and I dont agree. In my opinion they are equally expressive. The only thing different is the amount of detail, hair, effects... as you said the lighting. And the clothes look almost real to me.

12. chiso

I prefer the arcade graphics to the other ones too on any day. The other ones are nice too, but I wouldn't mind if they would change completely in future tone graphics for all games! =3

13. StrawberryTofu

I also prefer the Future Tone graphics. The f graphics aren't bad but they seem so stiff sometimes! Also, it's too polygon-ish for me sometimes, especially with Luka's hair.

14. MeowKitty15

MeowKitty15 Newbie Player

I definitely like Future Tone more. It has alot more detail. Like the clothing for example, alot of times when the camera angle is closer you can see how much texture and detail the fabric has. Also the hair and clothing physics are way better, they make a huge difference. I like the more realistic look the FT version has. Though I am happy that the console version is getting an upgrade, it's starting to look alot better then before. I do really hope they at least add X's modules to FT PS4. It would be nice to use them with all the extra detail and physics...and of course to be able to use them in something other than just dance pv's.

15. unkai87

one of the great things about PD is changing modules and mix and march songs and modules. Thats why it is somehow important to have everything in the same place. Like future tone. Because everytime that we get new songs or new modules i think how much i would love to see an old song with new module. Or old modules with new songs. Arcade has been there for ages getting updates. I mean 6 years! I hope that Future tone gets lots and lots of new content so we can enjoy it the longest

16. chiso

Totally agree. It would be a real waste and not a true port if they wouldn't updating it together with the arcade version. So I really hope they will do.

EDIT:
    Have you guys allready seen this? Guess sega had another performance for that game?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXLfchlUug4

17. Magical39

Magical39 Pro Player

this video is old, i dunno why it needed to be reuploaded.
    So no, there is actually no new performamce yet.

18. unkai87

even though i saw this video long ago this time i watched side by side with the hard course in arcade of electrosaturator. Its the same charts indeed. Yey!! ^ ^/

19. Northernlightifly

Northernlightifly Newbie Player

I watched a video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtLWOkWDdi8 where the guy says that you get the themes if you get Prelude version :o I thought we were going to get them if we preordered Future tone and colorfultone o.O or are these new ones you can get? Also was Prelude free or does it cost as well?

20. MikuHatsune

MikuHatsune ProjectDIVA.Wiki Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Home Page:
    https://www.projectdiva.wiki
    First: the information he shared is wrong. I guess he misread something. These themes come with the preorder of the full-game, not just Prelude and yes, Prelude is free. It can also be handled as a demo.